The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rare & Playtonic (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Battletoads are Coming to Shovel Knight on Xbox One (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53911)

Andre 4th March 2015 06:54 PM

Battletoads are Coming to Shovel Knight on Xbox One

During today's Microsoft GDC press conference, we saw the first glimpse of Battletoads running on an Xbox One - it just wasn't in a Battletoads game.

Today at the Game Developer's Conference in San Francisco, Microsoft announced that the indie-hit Shovel Kinght would be coming to the Xbox One, with the Battletoads making an appearance. While we don't have further information at this time, this is just one of the many hints towards a next-generation Battletoads game being development.

The head of Xbox, Phil Spencer, himself wore a Battletoads shirt during Microsoft's Hololens and Windows Ten unveiling. An unabashed fan of the franchise, Spencer is piling on the hype to add to the hints from the Twycross-based Rare about new games in development. But what did Phil have to say about the placement of the Battletoads characters in the Shovel Knight announcement?

"That wasn't me."

You can watch the full GDC Xbox press conference here shortly.

The Colonel 4th March 2015 07:04 PM

Turbo Tunnel Knight is going to be a real bastard of a fight.

Starblazer 4th March 2015 07:46 PM

I love Battletoads. And Shovel Knight is one of the dopest indie games ever.

...This is so scummy. :p

RARE STOP MAKING ME LOOK AT THAT CONSOLE PLEASE THANKS <3

GrayMagicΓ 4th March 2015 07:47 PM

First Conker in PS then this... if they hyped easter eggs a decade ago as much as they do now, Nuts and Bolts would've driven Microsoft's marketing team bankrupt.

Keegan 5th March 2015 02:18 AM

^ what does that even mean? ^

Frankie 5th March 2015 02:49 AM

The Colonel 5th March 2015 02:59 AM

it means you are dumb

Andre 5th March 2015 04:02 AM

First teaser:

GrayMagicΓ 5th March 2015 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keegan (Post 1233268)

Easter eggs used to just be a thing they threw into games left and right (notably N&B), but this time they hyped it up for months acting like there would be a new Battletoads game... for an easter egg.

The Colonel 5th March 2015 11:02 PM

so when are we going to tell andre that his youtube tags are broken

Salty Hippo 5th March 2015 11:33 PM

Nice. And I think this could be the extent of the trademark renewal, for now. People who blindly believe there will be a Battletoads game reveal at E3 might have a surprise waiting for them.

There's a huge chance the game will come eventually, but I can definitely see it not being this year.

Andre 5th March 2015 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrayMagicΓ (Post 1233349)
Easter eggs used to just be a thing they threw into games left and right (notably N&B), but this time they hyped it up for months acting like there would be a new Battletoads game... for an easter egg.

Uh... there still likely is a new Battletoads game. The Shovel Knight dev even said, "Wonder where we'll see these guys next.." :P