The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Gaming (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Discuss games you've been playing (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52271)

Frankie 4th December 2013 04:28 AM

Discuss games you've been playing

We have one.

So recently I just got Castle Crashers and I gotta say, I've been missing out.
Anybody here wanna play Multiplayer with me sometime? I'll also play Terraria and portal 2!

Derek 4th December 2013 05:15 AM

I've been playing A Link Between Worlds, I have almost 100% it. I'm on world 7 in Super Mario 3D World. I'm on chapter 5 in Ryse. I've also been playing Fallout New Vegas and There's No Time To Explain.

DarthConker 4th December 2013 06:27 AM

just finished the main story of Arkham Origins on PC. still have a shit ton of side missions to complete since I only focused on the story.
also have been playing a lot of modded New Vegas before that, and probably gonna snatch up a few games on Steam pretty soon.

30-50 feral rats 4th December 2013 01:41 PM

Currently playing through Saints Row IV, and will probably go through Dishonored and Far Cry 3 after. I feel like I want to get these and whatever else I've not completed done so when Christmas comes I won't be in a position where I'll either neglect new games or old uncompleted games.

DementedSun 4th December 2013 03:27 PM

I'm playing Mr. MaGorium's Grammar Emporium.

You should too.

Also:
Pokemon X
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Kingdom Hearts HD
Skyrim
Zelda:Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3d World

Esteban Colberto 4th December 2013 04:20 PM

Been playing A Link Between Worlds. The baseball minigame is completely ruining the experience for me though. I mean, challenge is cool and all but it has literally nothing to do with any of the mechanics you've learned over the course of the game. It throws a brand new set of rules at you and says okay get used to it. I've been at it for two years. It's ****ing horrible and the worst part is it's harder than anything in recent Zelda games. How the **** did this make it past playtesting?

Jackjack71 4th December 2013 04:33 PM

Jumped back into Age of Empires II a couple days ago.

Haven't played GTA V/Online in a while, but that game will keep me occupied 'til Christmas.

Derek 4th December 2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oz the Gay and Powerful (Post 1178248)
Been playing A Link Between Worlds. The baseball minigame is completely ruining the experience for me though. I mean, challenge is cool and all but it has literally nothing to do with any of the mechanics you've learned over the course of the game. It throws a brand new set of rules at you and says okay get used to it. I've been at it for two years. It's ****ing horrible and the worst part is it's harder than anything in recent Zelda games. How the **** did this make it past playtesting?

This is one of the three remaining heart pieces I haven't gotten yet. It is absurdly hard and the stance in no way dictates where the ball lands. I gave up on this for now.

DarthConker 4th December 2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek (Post 1178253)
This is one of the three remaining heart pieces I haven't gotten yet. It is absurdly hard and the stance in no way dictates where the ball lands. I gave up on this for now.

is it as hard as the ball-rolling minigame in the fishing lodge from Twilight Princess? man I hated that little game.

Brian 4th December 2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

However hard it is, I'm sure it's not as hard as the Goron Dance in Oracle of Ages/Seasons :U

Smouvy 4th December 2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Pretty much every zelda game always has a thing where it just throws completely different mechanics at you for one minigame only :p

Derek 4th December 2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthConker (Post 1178256)
is it as hard as the ball-rolling minigame in the fishing lodge from Twilight Princess? man I hated that little game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarFox (Post 1178283)
However hard it is, I'm sure it's not as hard as the Goron Dance in Oracle of Ages/Seasons :U

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smouvy (Post 1178285)
Pretty much every zelda game always has a thing where it just throws completely different mechanics at you for one minigame only :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMI4RQkkX5o

AndyNPC 4th December 2013 09:53 PM

I'm playing Wizardry 1 and an odd bit of Spelunky here and there. Sometimes I 'tard it up in that Minecraft server we promote at the top of the page.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oz the Gay and Powerful
Been playing A Link Between Worlds. The baseball minigame is completely ruining the experience for me though.

Wasn't that in one of the Oracles games too? If it's the same one, I remember that the trick to it was to just experiment with where you stand and when you swing. It was usually better to try to hit the ball at the end of your swing. I didn't have too much trouble with it, but it's probably a bit different in A Link Between Worlds.

Brian 4th December 2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek (Post 1178287)

It looks like it's about timing, not as good as this being able to adjust your own angle like this classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLrhpHB_1To

AndyNPC 4th December 2013 09:58 PM

Yeah, that's a bit different. Do you angle your swings with the gyroscope or something?

venomjack 4th December 2013 10:06 PM

Well let's see here, Around this time a year, I try to make a list of games to replay to help make the time go by faster.
Right now I'm playing the original Paper Mario, and They Bleed Pixels.
I'm also planning on going into Banjo Kazooie, Sonic Adventure DX, Sonic Adventure 2, Breath of Death VII and the Broken Sword series. I may also give Quest 64 a try though I doubt I'll get far on that

Turd Ferguson 4th December 2013 10:08 PM

i just 100%'d lego marvel super heroes and it was pretty fun

Esteban Colberto 4th December 2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek (Post 1178253)

The stance does dictate where the ball lands, just don't put the slider to the left or right. Always keep it center. Forward hits front pots and crabs, neutral hits the second row, down hits the furthest pots. I actually just tried again and got it after 3 or 4 tries. Still a very ridiculous minigame. Took me longer to beat than any dungeon.

Madous 4th December 2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyNPC (Post 1178288)
Sometimes I 'tard it up in that Minecraft server we promote at the top of the page.

Wait, what server? The one at the top of the page has been dead for two years now. o-O

qwertykins76 4th December 2013 11:02 PM

I know that's a winking face an' all but I'll reply anyway; he means this server. I've been on it for like two years, though I don't go on much anymore. I've been waiting for them to upgrade to 1.7 to play it again. I shall build a grande treehouse of awesome.

Also playing Black 2 in my room whilst I tell my sister I'm doing my homework all day.

Madous 4th December 2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwertyo76 (Post 1178297)
I know that's a winking face an' all but I'll reply anyway; he means this server. I've been on it for like two years, though I don't go on much anymore. I've been waiting for them to upgrade to 1.7 to play it again. I shall build a grande treehouse of awesome.

Also playing Black 2 in my room whilst I tell my sister I'm doing my homework all day.

Ohhh, that one. I thought GM2k kinda let it disappear a while back. Didn't know he was still helping manage it.

qwertykins76 4th December 2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madous (Post 1178298)
Ohhh, that one. I thought GM2k kinda let it disappear a while back. Didn't know he was still helping manage it.

Markdf controls it for the most part. I've hardly ever seen GM2K log in in all my time and I dunno what he does behind the scenes, but I think he fixes the server whenever it crashes or has some other major problem.

The Prototype 5th December 2013 12:27 AM

Furries an Elysian Tale. It's a pretty good character action game.

Terp 5th December 2013 03:10 AM

100% on a link between worlds, finished SR IV today, made a dildo gun in Dead Rising 3 Monday, and went 6\6\44 as Nami in ARAM Sunday. So far a good week.

Breegullbeak 5th December 2013 03:41 AM

Just got my PSVita today. Will be playing The Walking Dead, Hot Line Miami, and Retro City Rampage soon.

Esteban Colberto 5th December 2013 04:27 AM

If you totally completed A Link Between Worlds, maybe you can help me out here. I've gotten everything as far as I know and I'm about to complete the final dungeon, except I'm missing 3 items from my inventory slot. What are those for?

Derek 5th December 2013 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwertyo76 (Post 1178300)
Markdf controls it for the most part. I've hardly ever seen GM2K log in in all my time and I dunno what he does behind the scenes, but I think he fixes the server whenever it crashes or has some other major problem.

whoa markdf still has a server?! I might sign up after the update, it's been so long. I was DarkJinjo420 long ago.

Derek 5th December 2013 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oz the Gay and Powerful (Post 1178331)
If you totally completed A Link Between Worlds, maybe you can help me out here. I've gotten everything as far as I know and I'm about to complete the final dungeon, except I'm missing 3 items from my inventory slot. What are those for?

I believe the golden bee badge takes a slot in there, as well as an item you get near the final battle.

qwertykins76 5th December 2013 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek (Post 1178332)
whoa markdf still has a server?! I might sign up after the update, it's been so long. I was DarkJinjo420 long ago.

Looks like they're finally doing it Friday if no mishaps occur.

Terp 5th December 2013 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oz the Gay and Powerful (Post 1178331)

One item is only used during the final boss fight, and do you currently have a scoot fruit and a foul fruit?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek (Post 1178333)
I believe the golden bee badge takes a slot in there.

The Bee Badge is on the Gear page.

Madous 5th December 2013 07:27 AM

You guys should really play Path of Exile with me. Free to play Diablo-like game.

Derek 5th December 2013 05:29 PM

Can I please beg someone to clean up this thread title a bit? No doubt this will be a pretty active thread, and you're is not spelled correctly :p

I can't be the only one ticked by this.

Esteban Colberto 5th December 2013 06:22 PM

100% beat A Link Between Worlds. Fantastic game. Great final boss, although the dungeon before it was too "this is the final dungeon so here's lots of dark purples and lava everywhere" generic. Super sick of these dark versions of Hyrule Castle.

Terp 5th December 2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oz the Gay and Powerful (Post 1178402)
100% beat A Link Between Worlds. Fantastic game. Great final boss, although the dungeon before it was too "this is the final dungeon so here's lots of dark purples and lava everywhere" generic. Super sick of these dark versions of Hyrule Castle.

Great, now play Hero mode.

Madous 6th December 2013 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek (Post 1178396)
Can I please beg someone to clean up this thread title a bit? No doubt this will be a pretty active thread, and you're is not spelled correctly :p

I can't be the only one ticked by this.

There ya go.

Esteban Colberto 6th December 2013 03:25 AM

I'm playing the first Devil May Cry game for the first time and it's cool but sometimes I'm just rolling my eyes at how archaic it can get

Turd Ferguson 6th December 2013 04:29 AM

yo the old topic title was so grunge why did we change it

Derek 6th December 2013 04:31 AM

shut up you stupid hipsters

Breegullbeak 6th December 2013 05:02 AM

Almost done the story in Lego Marvel and I've started up Retro City Rampage and The Walking Dead game.

Terp 6th December 2013 05:13 AM

Played some DR3 today. Can't remember if I just started or just finished Act 5. It's a fun game.