The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Theguyoverthere 11th July 2006 10:32 AM

Haha... Chinese... haha.. Yeah, I've tried emucheat... That program scares me... Yeah well anyway, i've been trying so hard to find the jiggy modifier using hex workshop by doing things like pausing it and then taking a save state, then go into hex and search for 90 (90 jiggies) and there were like 12 matches, and i changed the match that was nearby the word "LOTS" (from the pause screen) but it didn't change my amount of jiggies. I also tried changing the doormans text from "You need [some number] jiggies to enter" to 00 but still no dice. I wanna get inside that temple! So, I started a new game, went there, then once i was inside i checked the almost everything complete code and checked it. I talked to jiggywiggy he said go over there for the super special challenge. I do and press B. Black Screen with a framerate of less than 1. Scary.

Crystal_bear 11th July 2006 06:56 PM

Uh, I am just a beginnger, and still learning how to configure the dang controls on PJ64. I should learn to configure then before I get hex programs or whatever.

As for my 'hopefully' hacking part-job, I find editing stuff scary.

ssh 11th July 2006 07:11 PM

same things happening to me guyoverthere. is there a code for "jiggywiggys door always open". perhaps after we are accepted entrance to the temple, even though the door doesnt open, itll be open and something could be triggered. I tried the "instant warp" code to get into the temple by running into the nearby silo. when i entered, i was asked to complete the FIRST challenge. does anyone have a REAL 100% finished BT game save that we can use for testing?

ChillyDark 11th July 2006 07:55 PM

Hosted by the one and only Zshare!
Here is a collection of 3 important savestates.
bt savestates.rar - 3.05MB
It contains Jiggywiggy's Temple, Jolly's Inn, and something else.
I'll try to get one with Quaqmire Door.
Oh and GuyOverThere, sorry to tell you, but your method is how I got it to work.
But you did suggest the text modifier.
Anyway, get on with the testing. SNS, or whatever's left of it, awaits.

Crystal_bear 11th July 2006 08:06 PM

I understand Jiggywiggy's Temple, but the Jolly's Inn part.. I don't.

Maybe it's something dealing with Blackeye, but I forgot.

Theguyoverthere 11th July 2006 10:54 PM

The seagull trick? That trick is scary. I can't believe people have been overloooking it. It could very well be the secret to SnS. I mean, the seagulls and backround is EXACTLY the same in TTC when you're flying really high. There is no way that that is a cameo. It's got to mean something.

As for the door... IF Ice Mario or someone could come up with a BT enable code, I could hack it with my gameshark and then do known value searches for the number of jiggies, then collect a jiggy, search for a value one more, repeat until i got the jiffy modifier code. Once I got that, just set the value to 128 or even 130 and BAM! There ya go.

Crystal_bear 11th July 2006 10:57 PM

You mean you need a real GS.. even to use for PH64? Man that sucks. For me.

Theguyoverthere 11th July 2006 11:13 PM

Well... kinda... If you wanna just look at memory you can download Hex Workshop, but like I asked before, if you wanna make your own cheats on PJ64 you need soemthing like the all-frightening EmuCheat... hopefully there's a better hacking too out there...

Crystal_bear 11th July 2006 11:17 PM

Ouch that really sucks, looks like I can't use any wall-passing scripts either.....

ChillyDark 11th July 2006 11:23 PM

Nemu was good, till it was shut down.
Hex Workshop has ability to do more, you just need EXPIRENCE.
It isn't "just a toy" to look at memory, and not do anything else.
You just need to learn more on hacking.
You can text edit, do lots of things with it, if you know how.

Crystal_bear 11th July 2006 11:53 PM

Really? I thought it was only for looking at memory and editing text.

And I will learn, when I have the time.

Theguyoverthere 12th July 2006 12:47 AM

Man if Ice could just get a good enable code.. who knows what i could do? I could have 128 jiggies, stop the clock on jiggy wiggy's super special challenge at whatever i like, and a whole bunch of other stuff! (if i was lucky)

Any luck with that code?

Crystal_bear 12th July 2006 01:06 AM

If you were talkin to me, I wasn't part of helping finding that code.

Yes, stopping time with jiggy challenges. That would be better then SNS itself.

Theguyoverthere 12th July 2006 06:49 AM

Off topic a little: Holy crap, chilly! That Hex Workshop hacks ANYTHING!!! Just right click on a file and choose edit with hex and you can see its programming and edit it!!!!! How is that legal? Wouldn't people copy other peoples' software?

On topic: Nah, I wasn't talkin to u i was talkin to hatrick/ice mario/subdrag/ or anyone else who was workin on that code

DementedSun 12th July 2006 06:05 PM

I got in when it said I needed 128 jiggy's!!!!!! It says this error when I do.

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7...21302174rh.jpg

Edit* I used the moonjump cheat to get in.

MAJOR EDIT: I got in without it freezing!

http://img271.imageshack.us/img271/6...nap00006rd.jpg