The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Everyone Read - Seventh Sns Egg! (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8343)

runehero123 18th March 2007 08:42 PM

Well, i managed to erase all my bk data again with my gameshark... Oh well it was fun to speed up banjos animation while it lasted. Anyways, can someone tell me how to find pointers in Banjo tooie. Someone who knows how to hack. Thanx

hatrickpatrick 18th March 2007 09:42 PM

I posted it at the hacking board. It's a complicated concept which I'm probably not very good at explaining, so if you're still confused I'll try and elaborate it...

hatrickpatrick 21st March 2007 03:26 PM

Has the whole "new eggs" thing just died, or what?

sonictails1189 21st March 2007 04:33 PM

I dunno; I'm just waiting here patiently until Coolboyman updates us. I might assume everyone else is doing the same thing.

glitchman 21st March 2007 08:06 PM

....*waits*...

Cheezdoodles 21st March 2007 08:09 PM

zomg he's gonna find a ultra-violet egg!
jk :P

glitchman 21st March 2007 08:10 PM

conkerking.. if ur reading this have we still got that bet?

slaphappy 22nd March 2007 04:49 AM

Ok, I'll bite...

I just took a look at the savestate - and for the record hacking using a PJ64 savestate ain't no easy task. Slight tangent, does anyone know how to do a hex edit using LemAsm? Hitting F3 puts you in edit mode, but I can only seem to enter a NOP (00000000). I used Goldfinger hex editor to accomplish what I needed but was just curious.

So, back to the savestate. There is clearly a 0785 in one of the object areas, one that is not used if you just warp to the cheese wedge in normal gameplay 0138. I will provide the addresses in terms of PJ64 since that is what we are working with (it's the address + 75C hex to account for the emulator header). The 0785 is sitting at address 001337F0. Odd thing is if you change it, the brown egg does not change. The rest of the objects in the room are changable in that memory range. For example, the floating pad closest to you is at 00133760 and can be changed. However, what I can do is set 001337F0 to 0000 and the brown egg disappears. Ok, so that address is related to it in some fashion.

So I looked for the value CBM had mentioned earlier, and I have confirmed it. At 00135112 is the double word 063C0785. Change the 063C to 063B and you have yourself a spinning ice key where the brown egg used to be. Very odd indeed. At least that confirms that we are looking at the base egg image and not a 0785 image. I tried making the egg 0785 and got the same error as usual, the freeze digit error.

No matter what the outcome of this, it's an interesting savestate. I find it very strange that I cannot warp out of the area. Odd indeed.

bobbynicjr 22nd March 2007 08:19 AM

good job! and has anyone besides CBM actually been able to see the eggs without the savestate? its a bit weird that CBM has been on but hasnt updated anything....

MikeHive 22nd March 2007 01:06 PM

Well not to worry, it won't be long until April 1st....

...;)

(BTW, fascinating stuff, slaphappy! I might try and nab a memory editor and see if I can see that myself).

thatguyjr 22nd March 2007 06:49 PM

So when you modify the 0785 to something else, perhaps a nearby typical freeze digit, does it place any new effects?

AvatarAang 22nd March 2007 08:36 PM

What size was the ice key? Was it the size of the BK one, or the size of the one in the cartridge in BT?

slaphappy 23rd March 2007 12:13 AM

Big like the key in BK, but that is normal in BT when you image mode something. Changing the floating pad to the ice key and it's huge. The size is just one of the properties of the object that you changed.

Baby_Otter 23rd March 2007 02:05 AM

Any New Eggs?

ConkerKing 23rd March 2007 02:08 AM

LOOK!I FOUND SOME!
Seriously though,I don't think we'll find anymore..*sigh*..
Edit:To the moron who neg repped me,I was joking,get over it.

Airman 23rd March 2007 06:46 AM

thos are the creepiest looking eggs ive ever seen 0.0

Fox McBanjo 23rd March 2007 01:37 PM

Those eggs look like atom bombs.Keep them away from Atomic Breegull.

glitchman 24th March 2007 09:01 AM

why are those eggs white o-O

Articerile 24th March 2007 09:22 AM

Some of them are turquoise.

That's wierd. I blame airman.

Airman 24th March 2007 02:19 PM

Wow how did you know??.....What colour am i thinking of?

Dan190 25th March 2007 02:36 AM

Woooo! First post, I've been watching you all for a while now. *Cue thunder & lighting* Muhahaha.

A-hem, did anyone look at the score of the players in the jetpack game? I'm not a huge hacker type person but I know a lot of numbers are involved. Maybe the score is really some secret code or maybe I'm just insane.

Baby_Otter 25th March 2007 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakey Wake
Fruidily Fart Fart!!!

What?!?:confused:

glitchman 25th March 2007 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan190
Woooo! First post, I've been watching you all for a while now. *Cue thunder & lighting* Muhahaha.

A-hem, did anyone look at the score of the players in the jetpack game? I'm not a huge hacker type person but I know a lot of numbers are involved. Maybe the score is really some secret code or maybe I'm just insane.

i think rare would be pretty frustrated trying to get the EXSACT score.

but anyways welcome! your 1st post was a goodie.

banjo nerd 25th March 2007 01:55 PM

I don't feel like reading 54 pages just when I appear back from ever. Though the theory is great and all. My theory is (probaly others what I didn't read) is that it's an old text (or whatever, it's 5 Am) that Rare didn't take out, but put it aside. Sorry, this is probaly confusing. Where I am it is currently 5 Am

Nick 25th March 2007 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glitchman
i think rare would be pretty frustrated trying to get the EXSACT score.

but anyways welcome! your 1st post was a goodie.

They could just put a debug score.

Fox McBanjo 25th March 2007 09:03 PM

HI always has 0 score.How could there be a code in that?

Coolboyman 26th March 2007 07:22 AM

I think I might of found some interesting music in the games memory. I cannot get it to play fully (about 2 seconds from a digit that is normally a crash and freeze, 2A), so I'll try to get someone to help me rip it from the ROM soon. I believe it might, just might be related to this.

Fox McBanjo 26th March 2007 09:42 AM

Hidden eggs,hidden music...we really are in debt to you,CBM. :)

What does the start of the music sound like? Anything familiar/comparable?

LaorBR 26th March 2007 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolboyman
I think I might of found some interesting music in the games memory.

OH.MY.GOD.
*insert super excited words here*
Although there's a big chance this music thing will turn out to be nothing, but I'm really glad to see you're still looking into the game's code.

MikeHive 26th March 2007 09:34 PM

*peers at calendar and scratches head*

Whyme123 26th March 2007 09:45 PM

What is the code for the music? I'll probally be able to figure it out, as I have nearly every BK sond enbedded in ym head.. :(

That isnt anything to brag about. It is retty annoying!

slaphappy 26th March 2007 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeHive

exactly ;)

ConkerKing 26th March 2007 10:53 PM

Quote:

...huh?What about the calendar?*confuzzled*

Mr 3vil 26th March 2007 11:11 PM

Quote:

Or it could be one of those stick situations. He posts it on April 1st fooling us all to believe it is fake. Then we find out it is real. :p

Conker, they are saying it is getting close to April Fools.

Nick 26th March 2007 11:15 PM

Can we hear the music now?

Mr. Pokeylope 27th March 2007 01:17 AM

I wonder what this hidden music really is? It's probably not anything too special, but it's still a neat find.

Coolboyman 27th March 2007 03:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My friend does a fine job, the song was successfully extracted. I wish I could get this to play in game, but freeze of course. This is pretty damn cool, go listen. I hope you like this.

ConkerKing 27th March 2007 03:17 AM

Awesome,I can't download it though,since almost all of my space on my computer is..gone,but it sounds like you made another great discovery.Good job.:)

Coolboyman 27th March 2007 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConkerKing
Awesome,I can't download it though,since almost all of my space on my computer is..gone,but it sounds like you made another great discovery.Good job.:)

The credit goes to my pal though who actually extracted the damn thing.

thatguyjr 27th March 2007 03:22 AM

Well, I certainly recognize the tune. I imagine most of us would. Mind telling us why you named it "ggmsns?" I'm guessing Glitter Gulch Mine SNS, but better safe than sorry. Did you find this exclusively in GGM? Any idea where that "hee haw" donkey noise comes from?