The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Banjo Kazooie Series (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Gruntilda's Lair in Banjo Tooie (SNS) (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26083)

Kahuna360 11th February 2009 12:18 AM

Gruntilda's Lair in Banjo Tooie (SNS)

SO.
Word on the street is that the ancient SNS feature originally planned for Banjo Kazooie will function in the BKXBLA & BTXBLA versions of the game.

IDEA! :lightbulb:

A few years back, I always imagined that SNS would have something to do with Grunty's Lair. But Grunty's Lair only had one accessible room in BT. Later some photos of broken down rooms in the lair surfaced the internet, only to be fakes and have our hopes shattered.

I think Grunty's Lair MAY return in BTXBLA with limited accessibility.

DISCUSS!!!
What do you guys think? :)

Anders 11th February 2009 12:22 AM

first of all send me those surfaced beta photos cause I wanna see um'

BrokenBanjo 11th February 2009 01:17 AM

I always wanted to access grunty's lair in BT...so I really hope that it will be accessible some sort of way (like transfer SNS items from BK to BT).

Mr.Vile 11th February 2009 01:21 AM

maybe a window in her castle(part of the hat) will be broked revealing a room no one knew about

BrokenBanjo 11th February 2009 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Vile (Post 518382)
maybe a window in her castle(part of the hat) will be broked revealing a room no one knew about

And holding all the answers we're looking for :)

runehero123 11th February 2009 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anders
first of all send me those surfaced beta photos cause I wanna see um'

You might have skipped the part where he said "fake". There is nothing beta about them. It's just a photo-shopped image of the room containing the jiggy portraits of TTC and Clanker Cavern.

It would be cool if they could add the "Tower Room", but who knows if it's possible.

Anders 11th February 2009 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runehero123 (Post 518409)
You might have skipped the part where he said "fake". There is nothing beta about them. It's just a photo-shopped image of the room containing the jiggy portraits of TTC and Clanker Cavern.

It would be cool if they could add the "Tower Room", but who knows if it's possible.

OOPS!

tony111ster 11th February 2009 03:17 AM

banjo tooie was a planed 64DD game and it was said that gruntys lair was going to have all the areas available in BT with...bonus features, and i think a silo was placed in gruntys lair that lead to one of the beta areas of banjo tooie

manbearbird 12th February 2009 12:21 AM

I like that photo shopped picture of grunty's lair all torn up. It looked pretty good for a fake.

Silent Warrior 14th February 2009 04:00 PM

Due to the fact that Banjo-Kazooie XBLA was limited in terms of change, I'm very doubtful that Banjo-Tooie XBLA will contain an entirely new accessible overworld. Don't quote me on this, because I could be wrong. But as of now I'm just giving my two cents worth on the subject.

Even if Gruntilda's Lair was accessible, it more than likely will not hold the answer to Stop & Swop. If you were to ask me, I would say that the eggs and the ice key (the genuine items, not the fakes) will be scattered around the Isle 'O' Hags.

The Banjonator 14th February 2009 04:54 PM

That'd be cool. Except I would probably just expect 1 extra room, not the whole lair.

Silent Warrior 14th February 2009 04:59 PM

You took the words right out of my mouth, banjonater. I'm advising that everyone should not get their hopes up for a full exploration of Gruntilda's Lair. If it wasn't meant to be accessible in the Nintendo 64 version, then it definitely wouldn't be in the XBLA port. Not to burst any of your bubbles, but I'm just preventing a disappointment.

Tom Servo 14th February 2009 05:53 PM

Yeah. I doubt the people porting the game (Is it rare? I don't think it is) are going to program a whole new overworld with new rooms and exciting new features all in N64 format. I think it's just going to be BT with a lame excuse for an SNS explanation that attracts more buyers.

Err, sorry.

Kahuna360 15th February 2009 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The banjonater (Post 520575)
That'd be cool. Except I would probably just expect 1 extra room, not the whole lair.

Thats exactly what I though because of the Tower Room text still being in the game. I think there will be an extra silo somewhere in Isle O' Hags (that desertish area near the ice key? possibly. but way too simple) that'll send you somewhere like Grunty's Room (the place where those appearance swapping machines were, Grunty puzzle, dingpot and the giant feathers and eggs).

runehero123 15th February 2009 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Banjonator

Perhaps the name of that room will even start with a "T". :thinking: