The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

vaticandrummer 25th August 2005 08:59 PM

I think someone has already said this, but...

Would it be because some members have BK 1.0 and others have BK 1.1?

hatrickpatrick 25th August 2005 09:40 PM

In that case, 1.0 probably has it, while 1.1 and PAL dont. If that's true, we need to work mainly with 1.0 from now on, as it probably still has the main SNS stuff still in it...

supermario 25th August 2005 10:01 PM

Question:
what is the difference between version 1.0 and version 1.1? was there a newer release of BK....?

PenquinDude 25th August 2005 10:36 PM

1.1, cart, and sandcastle codes here, map changed color for me.

vaticandrummer 26th August 2005 12:40 AM

Hmm, I need to check my cart and see what I have.

Enter the Kiwi 26th August 2005 05:30 AM

Hello, all. I never thought I'd get back into the SNS craze, and I'm still not in it full-swing, but I'm intrigued by all of you guys saynig that the X changes color. I remember trying it awhile ago in a ROM, and having it not working, but I could have messed up somewhere. I can see if it changes, if someone'll give me the NTSC code for removing SNS data. Preferably both versions, if it isn't too much trouble. Can't remember which I have. Thanks a bunch of noodles, in advance. I'll post back when I check it. I'll *try* to get a picture, but I'm not sure if I can hook up the digital camera, and I don't have a capture card. If it does, I'll try to get a rom snapshot.

marionuthead 26th August 2005 02:56 PM

actualy the day before yesterday i got the pink egg using sandcastle cheats. then yesterday i went to RBB to the cabin and the X on the map was black {it was a U rom on Pj64 v 1.6}.

AlmostJinkies 26th August 2005 05:54 PM

I have NTSC 1.0, and the X never changed color. It was always black.

Klungo 26th August 2005 06:07 PM

Maybe S'n'S wasn't available until 1.1 came out.

Benjo Koolzooie 26th August 2005 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by micjohvan
The X does change from red to black I have said that like 6 times now.

Yes you have, but others have said it hasn't. So it's hard to take one person's word for it. Others have said it changes, some say it doesn't. So it needs to be looked in to more carefully. What is your game version? Did you have any other secret items besides getting the pink egg?

hatrickpatrick 26th August 2005 09:17 PM

You know, I'm seriously beginning to get the idea that the game stores SnS data in more than one location.

I used one of the demo control codes to take control of banjo during the secret cutscenes at the end of the game. The door to the ice key was open, and in memory, the SnS address was at 0000...
Also, after setting it back to 0000 after having allk the secrets, when I went to get the blue egg, the crypt was already open, I didnt have to hit the switch...

Could this mean that the SnS address we know isnt the real SnS address? And that if we use it, the game registers our efforts as fake?

Isaac 27th August 2005 01:32 AM

Can you give us the code to walk during the cutscene?
I want to check it by myself.

Golden 27th August 2005 04:56 AM

hey, im new here but i was just thinking about the fact that stop and swap shows up all 3 save files in the game. Because of this, i believe that if you unlocked anything to do with stop and swap it would affect the other save files too.

So my question is this: has anyone tried unlocking stop and swap with all 3 save files at 100% ? it seems logical to me that if you were going to try and unlock something like that, you would need all files that it affects to be fully completed, otherwise why make stop and swap show up on all files.

Just to clarify, I havent actually completed all save files as the other ones are reserved for my brother and sister to use. This is just a theory and im not saying it will do anything if you do spend time completing each save file to 100%. however since it only takes 5-6 hrs for me to complete bk these days it cant be too hard for you banjo-buffs lol :)

Benjo Koolzooie 27th August 2005 08:39 AM

Golden, that's a good point.I'm not sure if I've tried things with all 3 files done. Not sure, I may have...What I don't understand is -say the secrets had been collected and sent over to BT - wouldn't the items be used and never be able to be collected again? (Perhaps with gameshark the items could be reset in to the game, but Rare wouldn't intend that?). Imagine buying BK second hand and finding the game's secrets where used and no longer in the game. Weird really.

Hatrick, can you explain what you mean in a hacking simpleton's terms, cause I am a bit unsure of what you mean.

Golden 27th August 2005 09:25 AM

maybe rare biult in a way to reset the stop and swop information after you have used it legitimately (i still believe that the sandcastle codes are a fall back)