The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Rare CONFIRMS removal of Stop N Swop!! (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8306)

qwertybub3 19th February 2007 11:38 PM

Lets just say that N64 Banjo SnS is dead and get it over with.

I do not care if it does not work, only how it would have worked.

ConkerKing 19th February 2007 11:39 PM

True,but the real deal is,how would they implement it into BK3...hmm?
-CK-

runehero123 19th February 2007 11:57 PM

didnt he say there would be no room for it to be in BK3 in the interview? Unless you can argue he is lying there too...

Whyme123 20th February 2007 12:00 AM

EXACTALLY! He said nothing of what sns would be, whish is open to more speculation. !! Finally someone understands what I am sayin!

samf 20th February 2007 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConkerKing
True,but the real deal is,how would they implement it into BK3...hmm?
-CK-

well, there is that whole achievements thing unlocking secrets. That could be usefull.

As for the Interview, I really wish they would have said something about the art design.

Whyme123 20th February 2007 12:33 AM

samf, that is how I bielve thay will use it. Maby having a certin amount of achievements in vp will allow it to happen, afterall, there is a BK and Mumbo stachue in VP...

kirbyfanner 20th February 2007 12:34 AM

[OFFTOPIC]Wow...6 pages in less than a day[/OFFTOPIC]
I still believe SNS can live...if they ever wanted to add it fully, they could use a lock on cartrdige!!

Whyme123 20th February 2007 12:39 AM

Lockon anything that hsa to do with the n64 is going to be a no. As Rare isn't in with Nintendo anymore..

And this is breaking news. Probally going to be a huge topic in a month or so

SubDrag 20th February 2007 12:40 AM

Can someone with QuicktimePro please save the .mov file.

ConkerKing 20th February 2007 12:41 AM

Not neccisaraly "BIG" news,but quite odd news none the less.Stop n' Swop is gone,there's nothing we can do,let's just get on with our lives.
-CK-

Whyme123 20th February 2007 12:43 AM

Gone, nothing was said that it won't come back!

Why don't people get it?!?!

ConkerKing 20th February 2007 12:46 AM

Yes,it may come back,I was just saying that it's gone for good in BK,DK64,and BT,not in BK3.
-CK-

kirbyfanner 20th February 2007 12:47 AM

BECAUSE RARE IS AGAIN TRICKING US! LIKE IN GBTG, SCRIBES, BANJO PILOT, BANJO-TOOIE!!! Why won't you get it?

Whyme123 20th February 2007 12:51 AM

Don't post in caps again. What you say is opion, and you don't need to shout. Just a warning if you don't to loose rep again =\

ConkerKing 20th February 2007 12:55 AM

Well,he speaks the truth,really.Knowing how many times we've all been tricked by Rare,this could be just another one of their tricks.Well,we'll never really know 'till we find it,that is,if there's anything left to find..
Also:[sorry to go off topic]This is my 300th post.Please feel free to shout,wave your hands in the air,and drink the RWPunch.Thanks for making all these posts worthwhile.
-CK-

Whyme123 20th February 2007 12:58 AM

[offtopic] Whay!! have some :rwpunch !

*Pours :rwpunch all ofer CK then lights him onfire*

Grats.. er.. oops?[/offtopic]

If I were Rare, I'd spill the beans, because they can't benefit from it. But since B3 is coming out, some will buy it just for SNS...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubDrag

Do you plan to upload it to rwp, or youtube? Eather or would be a great idea.

Soulreaper41392 20th February 2007 01:08 AM

Kirby, shut the hell up. Honestly. The man said it doesn't exist. So it doesn't. There are some remains of it, but you can never utilize it like it could be.

When have we been tricked by Rare? Honestly, any reply you give on that can be proven to be bullsh!t.

If you are too stupid to not realize that he was implying that it is gone, then honestly, get off this site and spend more time gaining a common sense. Wake up.

Don't make stupid claims that you have no proof to back them up with. It won't work in real life, and it won't work here.

I have nothing else to say, because you wouldn't get it.

Time to grow up.

Kab 20th February 2007 01:12 AM

Sorry, kirby, but I believe that you just got SoulPWND. I agree with him, so you also got KabPWND. That, sadly, means that you must leave. Forever. Have a nice day.

Whyme123 20th February 2007 01:12 AM

Everyone is allowed to his/her own opions. If someone says "I think oins grow in the sky" you can tell them otherwise, but they don't have to listen to you.

He can say whatever he wants, he can bielve whatever he wants. YOU ARE NOT IN THE POSITION TO TELL HIM WHAT TO BELEVE IN! Now I can go off topic and flame about religion, such as forceing religion on people doesn't work. You can not force him to change his option, stop trying.

you think what you think, he things what he thinks. you are at the wrong to say what he beieves in is wrong. So stop saying that.

Bottles98 20th February 2007 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubDrag

You can download it or the WMV by clicking the picture links on the side...

Also, KF is wrong and must be corrected. Seems logical to me.

Gaming Master2k 20th February 2007 01:15 AM

That was a good interview. They really pushed the 'is Grunty there?'

Also, Farewell Stop 'N' Swop, may ye rest in peace. I'll never forget you.

Can't wait for Banjo 360, I know it'll be great.

Bottles98 20th February 2007 01:18 AM

That's the only thing that bothered me about the interview, the B3.

"You know, you can talk about your games more what's that like? ;)"
"It's great!"

"So...Info on Banjo 3?"
"OMG wait and see you mongler."

:p Good old Rare.

Whyme123 20th February 2007 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwertybub3
Lets just say that N64 Banjo SnS is dead and get it over with.

I just saw this. Quoted for the Truth. That is the truth. You have no proof otherwise, and each person is allowed to thair opions.

Yeah, it seems if he was told to not say anything about B3.. Really =p

ConkerKing 20th February 2007 01:28 AM

[offtopic]Thanks for the punch Whyme!Oh,wait,i'm on fire...hmm....anybody have any awesomesauce?[/offtopic]
Did anyone notice that the bear in the viva piniata part shot out jiggys?Hmm...what could this mean?
-CK-

Whyme123 20th February 2007 01:36 AM

The bear shoots out cogs. watch it again. Each pinata shoots out diffirent things. When I get the bear I'll confirm.. Or ask someone here..

W out

Hylian1 20th February 2007 01:48 AM

No. the Fizzlybear really does shoot out Jiggies.

Bottles98 20th February 2007 01:51 AM

Just letting people know...I'm not the closed-minded ones. The ones who refuse to let it go are.

Just clearing up confusion <3

Andre 20th February 2007 03:23 AM

Here's a download link that I pulled from Quicktime Pro. Enjoy!.

EvilPsycho 20th February 2007 03:27 AM

On the SNS note:

I don't think it was canned.

1. He didn't exactly say it was. We need a quote from Rare like "Stop 'N' Swop never worked, doesn't work, and never will work." In writing and in person. (for why in writing see 2.)

2. Maybe to avoid revealing Stop 'N' Swop, whenever people ask about it in person, they just believe (on purpose) they are saying Stop 'N' Swap. That was probably the original name for it that required the swapping of carts.

3. Too much stuff left behind for it not to work (Cameos in GBTG and BP especially, I mean the whiteboard is so teasing). Why won't they just tell us straight out?

On the rest of the video note:

It is obviously not remake. Grunty is in it most likely because he implied that it wouldn't be the same feeling.

ConkerKing 20th February 2007 03:28 AM

Do you have to sign up to view it?'Cause it's talking all about these amazing things you can do if you sign up..and...well...you get the point..
-CK-

Bottles98 20th February 2007 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilPsycho
I mean the whiteboard is so teasing). Why won't they just tell us straight out?

1. The whiteboard was a JOKE and nothing more.
2. They just did tell us straight out.
3. kthx. bai.

ConkerKing 20th February 2007 04:04 AM

Listen.I'm gonna say this once,and never repeat it again.They(Rare)did NOT say that STOP N' SWOP WAS DROPPED.They said that it was not a good idea,not that it was not implemented.It is gone,however,and we will probably never find it even if it does exist.But,the Rareware employee DID NOT SAY THAT IT WAS DROPPED.Thanks,and goodnight!
-CK-

Gold Jinjo 20th February 2007 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilPsycho
Why won't they just tell us straight out?

Think of how funny it is from their point of view. Watching everyone squirm and devote their time to some futile effort. They love it.

Bottles98 20th February 2007 05:00 AM

Never mind, I won't argue the point if people are going to continue to be ignorant about it.

Hakey Wake 20th February 2007 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConkerKing
Listen.I'm gonna say this once,and never repeat it again.They(Rare)did NOT say that STOP N' SWOP WAS DROPPED.They said that it was not a good idea,not that it was not implemented.

They said it was a bad idea pertaining to the bait and switching of cartridges in the N64, Nintendo most certainly would not allow Rareware to implement a feature that proposed a potential risk to Nintendo's hardware (and in the long run, their $$$).

SubDrag 20th February 2007 05:41 AM

Thanks.

Also, I think it is very cool and great Rareware made comments about Stop N Swop (in unofficial capacity), but this really introduces no new material.

A) Ryan Stevenson is the concept artist and probably had little knowledge of Stop N Swop or any technical details or progress on it.
B) Stop N Swop was removed for normal use (99.9% likely)
C) It is possible there are remnants

Nothing new, but still great. I also think Rareware has seen "the ashes of the ashes of what was once Stop N Swop", which makes them despise the RWP for continuing to keep the madness alive. I enjoyed that comment Ryan made thoroughly.

Airman 20th February 2007 10:37 AM

Ah well we put up a good run ......lets think up something new to do now coz i sure as hell aint going back to school work

banjo-eighty 20th February 2007 10:55 AM

Well I'm leaving this annoying thread and won't be coming back, just thought I'd say me believing s,n,s is dead is not because is not cause of that, We already known for several years that sns was not implemented as a fully working piece, we've just been looking for interesting remenents or what our reward would have been????? I believe it's dead but not judging by what that guy said, I mean he also said hes not really that sure what it is, he know's not so much!

Airman 20th February 2007 11:01 AM

Well now that we got that out of the way....lets make our own sick game with SNS!! lol jj but seriously yeah we need a new starting point

qwertybub3 20th February 2007 12:04 PM

I started making my own game with SnS long before you said that.