The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Rare CONFIRMS removal of Stop N Swop!! (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8306)

branmuffin 29th March 2007 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady G0 Lucky

Asides from that, in the interview with that Rare employee in the video, the guy was blinking. He was blinking! He was going, uuhhh... This shows a sign of lies.

Not signs of lying but signs of not revealing... Or signs of the unexpected. Maybe Rare just started making BK3 now for sort of a ... Cool down, so we forget about SNS and bring it back. He didn't say that they cancelled it, he said he thinks they stopped it. I might just be bringing up a useless argument but I had to bring that up.

Nick 29th March 2007 10:16 PM

Do I have to make another speculation rant ><

Whyme123 30th March 2007 12:59 AM

The most I've gathered, both from the new article and the vid, it was canned in the N64, but it MIGHT come back in 360.

Campusanis 8th April 2007 12:38 AM

I just watched the movie and I just can't understand what he says about SnS in BK3, because the interviewer doesn't have his microphone ready... Any help?

By the way, I like that guy, just the way I pictured Rare.:D

Shaz 8th April 2007 12:47 AM

I really think it not gonna be in the 360..but who knows.

runehero123 8th April 2007 12:51 AM

Well now that subdrag has released the decompression tool for the rare games, we may find some new SNS things.

hatrickpatrick 8th April 2007 10:41 AM

They did very bluntly state that there were no button codes in Goldeneye...

SubDrag 8th April 2007 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick
They did very bluntly state that there were no button codes in Goldeneye...

I assume you mean PD, because in GE Rare released one button code, and never said anything about the others till dr. Ian hacked it out.

Articerile 8th April 2007 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whyme123
but it MIGHT come back in 360.

Nope, not going to happen
The entire point of SnS is to swap between to games.

Are there two Banjo games coming out? No...just the one.

ConkerKing 8th April 2007 04:04 PM

Wait..what about the article my friend? Didn't they say they might put it back in?

Also:They can swap with Kameo or GBTG, it dosn't necisarally have to be a Banjo game, just a Rare game.

Articerile 8th April 2007 04:37 PM

.....mougyblah!

Sure why not...

Actually yes...why not, perhaps there are 4 eggs and a key in Banjo Three (lol rhyme) and you swap them to GBTG and you get a secret level.

Banjoman 8th April 2007 04:56 PM

I'm going to say SNS is dead, until Rare finally coughs up what the big hubba is about the eggs and ice key. They said they would tell the answer in Banjo Threeie, but knowing Rare, they will probably just throw in a few more clues to further they're little egghunt.

BloodXP 8th April 2007 05:32 PM

Dude, why don't one of us just go and apply for a job at Rare?? I mean this website has a massive amount of users, and still we know next to nothing about SNS... Anyone live near Derby? Baha I drove past their HQ when i was in england and rung them up about a tour but they said no =( I'll have to apply for a job next time im down.

Articerile 8th April 2007 05:48 PM

I'll apply eventually.

Despite living nowhere near Derby and being 16.

BoltDragoon 8th April 2007 05:49 PM

I think that even if Rare came out and said what some of you want to hear (which, at this point, I'm not even sure what exactly that is) you still wouldn't believe them.

This is, what, the 3rd time they've said it's gone? And add that to the fact that we already KNOW it's gone.

Have you guys heard of this thing called "All Your Base"?

Articerile 8th April 2007 05:51 PM

Yes.
I have the song by invasion of the Gabber Robots.

Now move you Zigg out of the RWP and talk about SnS not AYB

Campusanis 9th April 2007 12:00 AM

I really don't think, they'll put some sort of working SnS in BK3, when I said "SnS in BK3" I meant something like a summary of what it would have been. At least a few references (crazily coloured eggs for no reason etc.) will be there, everything else would be a missed opportunity.
Oh, and I actually thought about applying for a job at Rare in a few years when I'm nice and famous as a programmer. :P Not to get THE answer, but because I love everything about them, especially their policy about experience you need in order to be able to apply (which in their opinion is nothing, compared to 99% of employers who expect you to come out of a university with 3 years of practical experience...).

By the way, did you see, they're hiring a "Community Manager"? Yay for us. ;)

Tanjo 9th April 2007 01:41 AM

Who the hell bumped this thread?

ConkerKing 9th April 2007 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Campusanis
I just watched the movie and I just can't understand what he says about SnS in BK3, because the interviewer doesn't have his microphone ready... Any help?

By the way, I like that guy, just the way I pictured Rare.:D

^^This person.

Tanjo 9th April 2007 02:25 AM

Urrrgh...

Ice Mario 9th April 2007 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylian1
After 10 years of waiting, we now know 100% that Stop N Swop is not there.

I knew on 28th November 2000 ;)

http://www.rarewitchproject.com/arch...ovember%202000

Theguyoverthere 9th April 2007 11:00 PM

Icemariowned.

BoltDragoon 9th April 2007 11:00 PM

^^ You're awesome, Ice. Hahahahahaha.

ConkerKing 9th April 2007 11:06 PM

*thumbs up*
Yeah ice,whoop whoop,wish I was there for that.

runehero123 9th April 2007 11:10 PM

You mean its not 100% there, more like 2% ;)

MikeHive 10th April 2007 10:34 AM

Ice, who from Rare told you that?

"SnS was dropped, and not for technical reasons" as you state in your update seems to contradict the more-or-less-confirmed-by-Gregg-Mayles theory that it was dropped because of changes to the N64 RAMBUS or concerns from Nintendo... both of which would surely be technical issues.

Keg 10th April 2007 10:39 AM

I dunno if I believe them, but I think we should wait until B3 comes out, because there might be a secret cave that says "Surpize! we az tricked youz!!!" Nah ;)

Articerile 10th April 2007 10:40 AM

They dropped it cause a time paradox occurred where they saw the future without a working SnS and saw that they were selling well and getting highly publicized because of it.

If they hadn't it just wouldn't have gone overly well, people would have broken games and they wouldn't have done that well.