The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Banjo Kazooie Series (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, What We Know (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13259)

Bottles98 21st December 2007 03:18 PM

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, What We Know

Thought this would be helpful...a list of all we know for the game:

Now a mainsite article! http://www.rarewitchproject.com/?id=1610

I've clipped the old list version out of this post, seeing as the main site article is constantly updated whenever I find anything, and it's annoying to update two. :p Look there for all the infos!

Golly 22nd April 2008 11:17 AM

13th of May the embargo will be lifted on the 'media' whom saw exclusive footage/information on B-K3.

So, the new news everyone is after won't be coming untill May 13.

Banjo-Fella 22nd April 2008 07:39 PM

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but anyway, good old George K. made a brief but very reassuring comment on the NeoGAF forums yesterday which suggests that Banjo will still be as stylistically bright, colourful and cheerful as the N64 games.

You could probably expect as much, given the retina-soothing technicolour joy of Viva PiƱata, but it's still worth mentioning in case anyone was worried the lovely new gameplay mechanics might offset the games' vibrant tone.

Here's the quote, anyway, and its source.

Quote:

Originally Posted by George K.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Innotech
I want a whimsical looking game like the originals, and not simply a mature form of Banjo. Actually, that would suck. Make it bright, colorful, and happy like the N64 games and Im there day 1, xbox360 and all.

Your wish is our command.

BIGsheep 23rd April 2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bottles98 (Post 256247)
-The game will have a level featuring "a volcano with double entendres," and a Cloud Cuckooland-style level with "inflatable sheep and polystyrene buildings."[10]

Damnit! If only it had been a blue haired sheep I'd have been famous.

Katie 23rd April 2008 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bottles98 (Post 256247)
-Multiplayer is planned, but not at all like Tooie...FPS sequences are no more.[6]

Wait... Could it be?... Co-op in B-K3?
(Oh God, that rhymed.)

Insert Coin(s) 23rd April 2008 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazooie-Tooie (Post 309680)
Wait... Could it be?... Co-op in B-K3?
(Oh God, that rhymed.)

I do not envy whoever gets stuck controlling Kazooie :P

ConkerTribe 23rd April 2008 03:57 PM

Um... I like controlling Kazooie. She's more agile and she can shoot eggs at people. Not to mention she can jump 20 feet in the air and glide.

Insert Coin(s) 23rd April 2008 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConkerTribe (Post 309714)
Um... I like controlling Kazooie. She's more agile and she can shoot eggs at people. Not to mention she can jump 20 feet in the air and glide.

I mean, if it plays out like a regular Banjo game where Kazooie is stuck in Banjo's backpack for the majority of the game.

ConkerTribe 23rd April 2008 04:05 PM

Oh, oh, I see what you're saying... Hm, well, if it's Co-op, I'd rather people have the choice between splitting Banjo and Kazooie up and being able to control either of them or controlling both of them together, and also having the option of controlling Mumbo or Bottles, perhaps. It probably wouldn't make too much sense to have two BK's walking around. :P

Katie 23rd April 2008 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConkerTribe (Post 309721)
It probably wouldn't make too much sense to have two BK's walking around. :P

Do you remember the Halo series' Co-op?

Quote:

OMG!!! TWO MASTER CHIEFS!!!

Some_wierdGuy 25th April 2008 04:28 AM

nah, maybe one is B-K, other could be mumbo in some bits, or if BK split up, p1 controls banjo, p2 controls kazooie

watkinzez 25th April 2008 05:45 AM

Some stuff regarding the soundtrack:

-Dave Clynick(!) is also contributing. Maybe there's a hillbilly side to him we've never heard before...
-Grant and co. have been to Prague to once again record using the city's Philharmonic orchestra. Most likely they're doing both Banjo and Viva's scores simultaneously.

shard 25th April 2008 09:55 PM

just had a thought-maybe the cacti are enemies, like the flying cauliflower.

Insert Coin(s) 26th April 2008 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shard (Post 310870)
just had a thought-maybe the cacti are enemies, like the flying cauliflower.

...the hell? How did you even think of this one?

LoMoNoCrAt 26th April 2008 07:01 AM

^^^

In scribes Rare said that if you hated the old Spiral Mountain and didn't like cacti, you could be outraged!