The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Homebrew Games and Tools (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Banjo's Revenge - The Return (?) (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48921)

BK3 20th June 2012 04:47 PM

Banjo's Revenge - The Return (?)

It has been around 3 years since I had 'vanished' from the RWP, but here I am once again. For those of you that still don't know who I am..

I am TowerOfTragedy, creator of all that's evil and of course, Banjo's Revenge, the Banjo-Kazooie based game in RPG form. Now, you should all know that I actually DID delete all the data from this game. However, some sprites have been saved and edited, so I will be starting from scratch again.

But why would you pick it up again?
Long story short: Got a boring summer ahead of me and I gotta have something to do, right?

Are you sure you're not going to drop this project again?
Well to be honest, I don't know. Guess I'll have to wait and see how much process can be made over the summer holidays.

Which software will you use to make the RPG game?

For now, I am still sticking to RPG Maker VX. This is just because I have no clue on how to build anything from scratch with Flash or anything. I'll have to look into that later on...

What will the game look like in the end?
I'm trying to stick to the Mario & Luigi RPG styles as much as possible. So cartoony it'll be!

If you have a question, or feedback, please put in down here in a comment.

And if the staff decides to ban me for making another account, go ahead, it won't stop me from making the RPG. :p

PS: Here's my old YouTube channel which I will be using again for this project: http://www.youtube.com/user/BKRevenge
Make sure to subscribe to not miss any updates!

BK3 20th June 2012 05:14 PM

* Post reserved for updates *

Just to give you all an example of the 'style' I will be using, here are some sprites so far:

Main Characters

Banjo

Gruntilda's Broomstick - Yes, this will have a big role in the game.

Spiral Mountain Classic Enemies

Topper

Colliwobble

Bawl

Ugger

Spiral Mountain New Enemies

Goey

Yellow Kazooie 20th June 2012 05:21 PM

Man I played the demo of your RPG once. It was fun! I'm glad you're gonna work on it again

qwertykins76 20th June 2012 06:30 PM

What's Goey? A blueberry? Shouldn't it be a vegetable or something that makes more sense to be there?

BK3 20th June 2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwertyo76 (Post 1093955)
What's Goey? A blueberry? Shouldn't it be a vegetable or something that makes more sense to be there?

Spiral Mountain is going to have an update itself. It'll become a larger area, with new enemies ;)

Walecs 20th June 2012 06:55 PM

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

I loved the demo.

Smouvy 21st June 2012 07:08 PM

M'n medelander! :D Welkom terug :)

Jackjack71 21st June 2012 07:38 PM

These sprites are eye-candy, especially for an RPG-based game. I love it! :D

BK3 21st June 2012 10:09 PM

I'm currently busy updating Topper's sprite. I think it looks too simple right now, should be more cartoony-ish. Will post an update in a few minutes.

Update:
Old version V1

Newer version V2

Newest version V3

Still have to add details to the sideview, but at least I got the basic done. Back shouldn't be a problem ^^

Walecs 21st June 2012 10:44 PM

Do you need any sort of help with the game?

BK3 21st June 2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walecs (Post 1094160)
Do you need any sort of help with the game?

For now, no. I just picked up this project again and so far I haven't really run into any difficulties. Spriting takes hours, even for a simple carrot like Topper ( just updated him again, look above! ), but I like doing it so there's nothing to whine about :)

I might need some help in the future though ;) For custom backgrounds, maps etc. I do not need idea's for the gameplot since I've figured out most of it by now.

Peroxwhy?gen 23rd June 2012 01:12 AM

Does anybody still have the demo for Banjos revenge? if so upload it, it would be a blast to play it again. :P

Rock 23rd June 2012 11:42 AM

Ooh, this looks fantastic! :) I've got a little something lined up too, but it's so different I can't wait to see what you come up with.

BK3 23rd June 2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peroxwhy?gen (Post 1094386)
Does anybody still have the demo for Banjos revenge? if so upload it, it would be a blast to play it again. :P

^This. I doubt anyone still has it though since it's been more than 3 years haha.

Yellow Kazooie 23rd June 2012 04:19 PM

well we were assuming you had it and could upload it for us again