The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Banjo-Fella 7th February 2006 11:09 PM

Alright, this is what's going on with Grunty's portrait - at least, as far as I can tell. Firstly, in Banjo-Kazooie, the Grunty's portrait image is divided up into four tiles, as the N64 had an unfortunate problem with its texture storage space, and developers had to come up with ways around this in order to display larger images with more clarity. If you were to view the portrait in the wireframe rendering mode of any emulator - you'd clearly see the divide where the different tiles meet.

Now, in Banjo-Tooie, instead of having the normal Grunty portrait in Banjo-Kazooie, which only comprised of four square polygonal shapes stuck together side by side - you've got the more complicated shape of the ripped portrait. As a result, it became much more difficult for Rare to texture on all of the four Grunty's portrait tiles onto that shape. As a result, they could only use one tile on it - and they just chose one of the tiles. Which looks a bit odd - and they could have just made a blurrier version of the entire portrait, which would have made more sense - but there you go.

Perhaps this animation will help clarify, if my incessant rambling isn't coherent. Which it's not.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ysportrait.gif

Alternatively - IT WAS TEH STOP AND SWAPS, GUYS.

ChillyDark 7th February 2006 11:19 PM

Interesting Banjo-Fella I never thought of it but as long as RWPF satys alive we won't stop searching for stop n swop unless it is found to be fake!

Banjo-Fella 7th February 2006 11:34 PM

If by "fake" you mean "nonexistant" or "existant but in a form most people don't really like" - then I've got some grave news for you, m'boy... ;)

ChillyDark 7th February 2006 11:37 PM

Don't tell me I think I know what it is.

Icy Guy 8th February 2006 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by collecter
Girder Grapple is a level from the original DK. There is a lever in the factory stage that let's you play the original DK......but what is the "scroll of gameplay" he talks about in the manual?

The "scroll of gameplay" is a joke. Throughout Rare's DK games, Cranky has always criticized their quality, and he continues the tradition in DK64.

krueger14 8th February 2006 01:30 AM

That has nothing to do with SnS

ChillyDark 8th February 2006 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krueger14
That has nothing to do with SnS

He was just saying that Grinder could be linked to Stop N Swop but I doubt it!
Edit: 1500 posts woah

dmoss 8th February 2006 04:17 AM

Banjo-Fella - That was ingenious, my friend. May I say that that was the most intelligent post I've seen in this thread since at least page 62. I commend thee. How did you come by that Grunty-pic reasoning? I never could have made that connection, however, I did see the 4 tiles, seconds before it was mentioned...Nice job, indeed! Please accept this certificate, and this 78-year old bar of chocolate. Nice to see someone's mind actually work in this topic, other than Hatrick, GM2K, and BenjoKoolzooie! I'll climb off of the Soap Box now...;)

freakycheato 8th February 2006 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freakycheato
just got home from school with a theory! snacker the shark is in rusty bucket bay, maybe theres a secret passage or something from ttc to rbb which had something to do with SnS... AND... rbb's textures look similar to that of the door near GI, maybe its where the link actually happened.

Edit: Woo Hoo 100 pages!!!

Could Someone please answer my question

ChillyDark 8th February 2006 04:55 AM

Freaky Cheato I was just about to so anyway I guess you could be right about that maybe there is if so then Ice and SubDrag could find is easily!

dmoss 8th February 2006 05:01 AM

Nice way to put it, Chilly Dark...however:

Pleez downt uze CAP5 freeekeecheeetOO!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!

If you remain patient and ask in a kind voice, someone will get to you. If not, re-approach your question in a different way. That way, someone can help you more efficiently. Thank you. :)

freakycheato 8th February 2006 05:12 AM

another door in bt that gets 2 me is the door in the drill on the ice side of hailfire peaks

ChillyDark 8th February 2006 06:28 AM

Maybe it was suppossed to lead somewhere but Nintendo didn't like the idea and removed it.

freakycheato 8th February 2006 06:38 AM

they seem 2 ruin all the fun, dont they

Crystal Jinjo 8th February 2006 07:03 AM

Something just occured to me, what if the Eggs represnt a Letter and clues to getting them in the right order began with the letter, first think of a 6 letter word about the game banjo-Kazooie, The word that came to my mind was GRUNTY

now with each egg as a letter, using the letters of her name to start a clue to the eggs:-

Egg 1 - G = Gobi's Door.
Egg 2 - R = Rusty Bucket.
Egg 3 - U = U-Bend (a Toilet part)
Egg 4 - N = Nabnuts Table
Egg 5 - T = Treasure Cave
Egg 6 - Y = Year 1881 (Barrel)

its probably a silly theory but what do you think?