The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

swopandstop 12th March 2006 07:56 AM

I am saying that I am a Rare whore.. I like their games alot (or used to)

But oh ok, so its pitch black. I bet thats what they were intended for though. ^_^

Is there anything weird about the coding like removed chunks?

Mr 3vil 12th March 2006 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swopandstop
Is there anything weird about the coding like removed chunks?

The only thing really weird is how the Beta version also has doors with knockers like that. One of the doors you can walk through and still be able to stand before walking into the blackness, but that has been confirmed to be there so Klungo can enter. The other door is said to lead to nowhere on the spot and has no platform to stand on after it.

Pretty much everything so far has been discussed in the same forum, people should start reading instead of posting on the spot. Has anyone "new" read all of it yet? I challenge you to before even posting, too much random talk. I am not posting here anymore until I find something new or someone else finds something.

swopandstop 12th March 2006 08:36 AM

121 pages? I got to 16 then got bored and played Banjo Tooie... :banjo :kazooie

Skill 12th March 2006 09:14 AM

Mr 3vil i am currently going through all the pages in this thread and summarising all the theory's with answers and wether they have been solved or not i'm up to page 45 but its a long task and very boring not to mention time consuming, so i don't think we can expect new people to read all the pages. I'm going to post it when im finished but i have no idea when that will be.

kazooieguy 12th March 2006 03:18 PM

good job skill sphere when your finished id like to see that list

Dylan Yoshi 12th March 2006 07:40 PM

I just found something interesting in the ROMs.

Using the Project 64 emulator, I made a Save State on the box floating near Sharkfood Island in Kazooie. Then I loaded it in Jolly's Inn in Tooie. I was in the area around Sharkfood Island loaded and I was in control of Banjo for a few seconds before the game froze (but the emulator didn't crash). I did this multiple times, with the same result. Then I stepped outside Jolly's Inn and loaded the state. This time, the area around Sharkfood Island loaded, but froze immediatly. The emulator then crashed.

Theguyoverthere 12th March 2006 08:03 PM

Try doing that somewhere else and if it doesn't crash, we know that it has something to do with being near Blackeye.

s.w.a.t 12th March 2006 08:11 PM

It's just a glitch.

Dylan Yoshi 12th March 2006 09:25 PM

It must be just a glitch... The same freezing of the game at TTT, but not crashing, happened in Hailfire Peaks.

I still find it odd that it works every time at Jolly's Inn, though...

kazooieguy 13th March 2006 10:46 AM

even if it is just a glitch....Ive got an idea, try loading a save state of banjo in the first room of gruntys lair while in that same room in tooie in tooie its where cheato is just ioncase you dident know

Pikachu025 13th March 2006 01:52 PM

You are stupid. It's logical game-behaviour. You are in BT and load the BK-Save. Now, that BK-Save (which has everything on screen stored in RAM, mind you!) works until it's required to load anything, in which case it loads something wrong (the thing that is on the same offset in the ROM as the real data would be, be it a sound-effect, a texture, level-data or something else) and then probably crashes because of that. Heck, you can load a Super Mario Advance-Savestate in, let's say, Final Fantasy IV, and it would work for a split-second. *sigh*

kazooieguy 13th March 2006 04:00 PM

Well i agree with you there, however its just a possiblility to check into , im a game designer mself so i know what your saying so please bare with us while we exhaust every possiblity

dmoss 13th March 2006 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pikachu025
You are stupid.

Now, now. Let's not get hasty, guys...

-:banjo

kazooieguy 13th March 2006 04:10 PM

well said

Banjoman 13th March 2006 10:15 PM

Alright enough bickering. If were gonna solve SNS we need to learn to work with eachother. Not trying to sound all happy giddy, just don't want to start any flames.