The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Rare CONFIRMS removal of Stop N Swop!! (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8306)

Hylian1 19th February 2007 12:20 PM

Rare CONFIRMS removal of Stop N Swop!!

Gametrailers.com was allowed the honor to interview Rare's Ryan Stevenson at the recent D.I.C.E Summit where he talks about Viva Pinata, Banjo-Kazooie, and other Rare games. At around the middle of the interview, he is asked about Stop N Swop where he confirms that it was indeed cancelled! "It involved the swapping of cartridges and in the end they decided it just wasn't a good idea..." Watch the interview here:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...e=mov&id=17131

After 10 years of waiting, we now know 100% that Stop N Swop is not there. FINALLY! I don't know about all of you, but I am relieved... It's like a big weight on my shoulders has just been removed. God am I ever happy. WOOHOO!

Zy0n7 19th February 2007 12:51 PM

Well hope that convinces some people here.
I should buy a 360 T_T hope it has a price drop when banjo comes out

banjo-eighty 19th February 2007 01:09 PM

Erm........can I just say he didn't say they removed it,

"It involved the swapping of cartridges and in the end they decided it just wasn't a good idea..." is hardly the same as ZomFg we h4ve abs0LutlY d3fiN4tLy cOmf!rm3D sNS !5 r3mov3d!!1, sorry if that sounded mean, but they said they removed bottles revenge too. So inclusion I'm not sure if we can beleive them.

NStar13 19th February 2007 02:46 PM

Banjo-eighty is correct he doesn't say it was removed, but that would be nice if they could just flat-out say that it wasn't ever there. This whole stop n swop thing is getting very tedious.

Hakey Wake 19th February 2007 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banjo-eighty
but they said they removed bottles revenge too. So inclusion I'm not sure if we can beleive them.

Actually they confirmed the existance of Bottles Revenge in an issue of Scribes before it was hacked out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NStar13
Banjo-eighty is correct he doesn't say it was removed, but that would be nice if they could just flat-out say that it wasn't ever there.

But that wouldn't be accurate since Stop 'n' Swop obviously was there (in Banjo-Kazooie at least) at some point.

Fox McBanjo 19th February 2007 03:30 PM

It cant have been removed 100%,as remenants still remain.If it WAS removed 100%,we wouldn't be able to hack out Bottles' Revenge.The link-up was removed,but some features,like Silo 8/9,The Base Eggs and Globo Cave can still be found,even if they are only in small doses.100% would mean NOTHING is there.Obviously,it wasn't.

Andre 19th February 2007 03:44 PM

What the hell do you people want? A Rare employee comes out and explicitly tells you that Stop 'N' Swop was removed from Banjo-Tooie, yet you still don't believe it? Despite how painful it may seem, you need to except the truth.

Klungo 19th February 2007 03:59 PM

I think that rare is just ending the SNS mystery so that we can focus on the mystery of Blackeye that has already been continued with the Mud Plugger reference in Viva Pinata. I can't wait to see if Blackeye returns in Banjo 3 and gives us more hints to his connection to the first game.

PS Hylian1: The link for the video of the interview dosen't work.

NStar13 19th February 2007 04:05 PM

What I meant to say ealier was that it would be nice if they could tell us that it is not acsessable, that would stop the people that think that you can still swop the items from coming up with more unprovable theories. I'm sorry if I was not clear before.

qwertybub3 19th February 2007 04:14 PM

What he said was "...I think they just decided in the end that it probably wasn't a brilliant idea"

Bottles98 19th February 2007 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andre

What the hell do you people want? A Rare employee comes out and explicitly tells you that Stop 'N' Swop was removed from Banjo-Tooie, yet you still don't believe it? Despite how painful it may seem, you need to except the truth.

THIS MAN SPEAKS TRUTHS
Except it's "accept the truth." :p
Still, this man speaks truths. IT IS NOT THERE. THIS IS AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT. IF YOU STILL THINK IT'S THERE THEN KINDLY GTFO KTHXBAI.

Kab 19th February 2007 04:27 PM

Well, it IS sad to hear that it was removed, but at least now we probably won't see any more "ROFL I FOUND SNS" threads.

Shadow Angel 19th February 2007 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kablamooie
Well, it IS sad to hear that it was removed, but at least now we probably won't see any more "ROFL I FOUND SNS" threads.

Not necessarily, Kab. Unfortunately, it still seems some of them still believe SNS is really in there, despite the fact that it has already been 100% proven that it's nooot in there. Dude, guys, c'mon already... Even after a Rare employee tells you HIMSELF that it's not in there, you're still refusing to believe that it has definitely been canned? No offense, but honestly... What.

NStar13 19th February 2007 04:36 PM

I agree with you Shadow Angel, but the thing is that he didn't actually say that SnS was removed so until a rare employee does say that it has been removed, there will always be people who still believe it is in there.

SubDrag 19th February 2007 04:40 PM

Well done Gametrailers. It's the first time I've ever heard anyone from Rare put on the spot. Rare's still pretty secretive it seems, but this was more open than usual.

"Stop N Swop?"
"Not that again".
(as the reason Rare still won't affiliate with the RWP becomes abundantly clear)