The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Skill 7th March 2006 09:49 AM

^ Nah i honestly think people are starting to loss the plot a little so i've decided to not post in this topic anymore and read it every so on as i really think it's becoming a waste of time.

Go_Nosis 7th March 2006 01:01 PM

Ok when Skill Sphere says he's gonna stop posting, there's a problem. We need to start working harder on this.

I've been doing alot of research in Banjo Kazooie, rather than searching through endless strings of code, I found it easier to search outside the boundaries of the levels and world map. (Some people may have noticed that it's a specialty of mine.)

But so far, to no avail.

unfortunately, I'm too much an "in game" cracker to be a decent hacker along the lines of Subdrag and Icemario. But if I could just enlist their help, this once, I swear I will turn this game upside down looking for any and all clues towards the Stop n Swop phenomenon.

You guys hear me? I need codes. I have v1.6 of Project 64, I can PM you the codes I have in them and what they do, if you can help me get a working walk through walls code. anything that could even remove a chunk of ceiling could help me at this point.

It always struck me as odd that, in places where there was no flight pad, Rare still found it necessary to add ceiling data. I mean, look at Mad Monster Mansion. With a well placed shock jump pad you have a chance of jumping out of the level.

If I could possibly get a working walk through walls/polygon remover code, I'd see for myself and for all of us whether or not anything can be found in game.

Everyone. Enough talk. Put your theories to the test, then give us results, rather than just the theories expecting other people to do them.

Let's all do our part.

s.w.a.t 7th March 2006 01:12 PM

Not all the levels have ceiling data. Spiral Mountain, for instance, does not. When you levitate to the sky, you come out of Banjo's house again.

Banjoman 8th March 2006 12:50 AM

You know I was exploring MMM today. I've noticed alot of empty rooms in the mansion. I was searching around one of them doing the corner trick, when the ice key turns invisible, the whole game kinda went glitchy. Maybe I triggered something? I dunno.

Theguyoverthere 8th March 2006 12:56 AM

What do u mean the ice key turned invisible?

Quote Me:

Maybe there are 3 (or 1) more ? egg(s) hidden very well (behind what appears to be unbreakable doors?) in Banjo-TOOIE as BT only had 3 when BK had 6. Once you find those or it (Maybe there's only one as people say that there are only 4 "real" eggs) and take it or them back To Heggy and hatch em you get Bottles' Revenge as a multiplayer mode. I think I MIGHT be onto something, but probably not.

End quote

Anyone think this is a good idea? Solving two mysteries in one: SNS and BR. Although there really isn't any swaping involved, you need BK to figure out which 4 are the real eggs (if that's the case).

Rocketlex 8th March 2006 05:53 AM

That's always a possibility, but given that every door in either game (I have to imagine) has been wireframed and jumped over many times, we're not going to find anything unless there's a trigger to make the room behind the door(s) appear, and to find THAT we'll probably need to hack the game.

JaredDSMan 8th March 2006 02:56 PM

Ok, well right now I am trying to figure out what some of the "useless" flight pads are doing in BK. I will make a list of which areas they are in later but I know that some you never NEED to use in order to beat the game let alone the level. Just seems odd to me. ;)

Upsilon 8th March 2006 07:05 PM

I'd assume that they're there to give the player a bit of help. Just to make it a little easier, y'know? I'd hate to have just one Flight Pad in a level that required lots of flying.

Yuoko 8th March 2006 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Upsilon
I'd assume that they're there to give the player a bit of help. Just to make it a little easier, y'know? I'd hate to have just one Flight Pad in a level that required lots of flying.

Indeed, it's just easier.
It's kinda like how Rare gave us three chances at the second Area 51 mission to blow the door open in Perfect Dark...
Extra Flight pads, wouldn't you hate having to backtrack?

Go_Nosis 10th March 2006 12:20 AM

I agree. It does make some things easier, plus I can't really remember too many times when it wasn't necessary in getting a jiggy.

Also, as much as I hate jumping from topic to topic, I have a favor to ask. There's a person here to uses the wireframe thingie alot, and well.. I'd like your help for a small task. It's probably nothing, but gol'darnit my curiousity usually gets the better of me.

I always found it weird how the entrance to Freezezy Peak was like one of those day by day christmas advent calanders. Could you possibly wireframe it, and see if theres anything around that specific wall?

Like I said, probably nothing, but whatever. Worth a shot at this point.

Also I'm sending out a challenge. If anyone wants me to check the outer borders of anything in the game, PM me. I'll check it and get back to you ASAP.

Keep in mind I'm referring to Kazooie only. Tooie is alot harder to get out of the edges in.

Theguyoverthere 10th March 2006 01:02 AM

Yeah there was a big thing about the Advent calendar thing. Maybe there's a way to go to that secret level and here the music "Advent"? Which is supposed to be a hidden level that you can only get by Gameshark?

Bomario 10th March 2006 01:15 AM

i used wireframe mode and unfortunatly no secret room...

s.w.a.t 10th March 2006 01:20 AM

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/5...nap00003jv.jpg
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5...nap00018uk.jpg
http://img414.imageshack.us/img414/9...nap00021om.jpg
There's nothing there. :(

Bomario 10th March 2006 01:22 AM

thanks s.w.a.t saves me the trouble...

HOWEVER...

wireframe doesnt detect the room behind the X barrel, soooo there may well be something hidden by a certain event. It is a more suspicious area after all, since as many pointed out that the hidden music is called Advent and the calender is an advent calender...ooooh the plot thickens :p

Edit: there is another thing i noticed, the patuclar banjo and kazooie pose on the calender is the same as the box art and cartridge which shows banjo in Fungi Forest, but the calender shows freezeezy peak as sir slush is in it, this could be another FP+FF connection and i dont think this was pointed out, was it?

Theguyoverthere 10th March 2006 01:36 AM

Yes it has, I saw it on this one website while googling how to get into the Advent level. Here's the URL:
http://www.geocities.com/banjordan/b...onnection.html