The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

ChillyDark 27th May 2006 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuoko
I honestly see no purpose in doing so...
Banjo-Kazooie has been pretty much hacked to the point there's nothing left, and Banjo-Tooie?
Dynamic Memory, Incidental Fail-safe, etc. all play a factor as to why hacking Banjo-Tooie is not practical.
Unless, of course, you want Hatrick to dissappear for Five Years... :rolleyes:

I see what you mean, although it does seem hopeless, and many have given up on SNS, saying it is impossible and it was never meant to be, I am not one of them. If we don't find SNS soon or whats left of it, this site it self, will cease to exist, I know this has said more then a million times before, but Rare said themselves, "There is no such thing as Bottles Revenge, stop looking in things that don't concern you." Guess what, Ice found it. Same thing with the items, Ice found those as well. What about Glowbo Cave? It was found by Coolboyman.
I'm sorry if I don't see it your way, or am sort of flaming. But I won't give up until BT has been completely searched.

Go_Nosis 28th May 2006 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChillyDark
I see what you mean, although it does seem hopeless, and many have given up on SNS, saying it is impossible and it was never meant to be, I am not one of them. If we don't find SNS soon or whats left of it, this site it self, will cease to exist, I know this has said more then a million times before, but Rare said themselves, "There is no such thing as Bottles Revenge, stop looking in things that don't concern you." Guess what, Ice found it. Same thing with the items, Ice found those as well. What about Glowbo Cave? It was found by Coolboyman.
I'm sorry if I don't see it your way, or am sort of flaming. But I won't give up until BT has been completely searched.

*claps*

wow. just, wow.

that deserved some applause!

And I agree, too many people here are thinking inside the box though. Hello? Donkey Kong Country 2 All Kremkoins cheat? So overelaborate that it was impossible to find by accident, and THATS with SNES technology! for all we know, the way to activate stop N swop could be a series of movements!

Is there any clue in either game that suggests this, or any other method that would NOT involve a super special trigger? or code? (<-- already determined years ago when EVERY kazooie code was found.)

There has to be something, somewhere.

Bottles98 28th May 2006 03:04 AM

Quote:

Hooooo boy. First, I'm-a break this down into bite-size pieces so I can address points individually.

Quote:

I see what you mean, although it does seem hopeless, and many have given up on SNS, saying it is impossible and it was never meant to be, I am not one of them.

Nothing to say on this except that I AM one of the nonbelievers.

Quote:

If we don't find SNS soon or whats left of it, this site it self, will cease to exist,

WRONG. This site is also a community. Not finding SNS doesn't mean the site will cease to exist.
I mean, really, I can't see Ice saying "oh gee well stop n swops is gone i close site now without caring about community". Sorry, but you didn't really make any real point there.

Quote:

but Rare said themselves, "There is no such thing as Bottles Revenge, stop looking in things that don't concern you." Guess what, Ice found it. Same thing with the items, Ice found those as well.

And once, I believe, they said Bottles' Revenge DID exist (and said it in 1337, too.)
Also, yes, the items were found. Five years ago. I'm pretty sure BK's defunct items and BT's lameo items are all that's left.

Quote:

What about Glowbo Cave? It was found by Coolboyman.

Wasn't it only TEXT that was found? I've said before, it could be an alternate name for an already-existing area in the game. I believe Banjo's house is refferred to as "Banjo's Cave" somewhere in BK's memory? There's an example there.

Quote:

1. I'm sure nobody minds if you have a different opinion. It's a public forum after all.
2. While your message did have inaccuracies and such, it's hardly flaming anybody. You stated your opinion, and now I'm stating mine (along with a few facts).
3. I'm pretty sure BT HAS been searched as completely as possible.

Yuoko 28th May 2006 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slaphappy
It's hard to respond to this without flaming, but I'll do my best.

Unless I'm mistaken, this is a site dedicated to BK/BT hacking. People should be encouraged to do so, not discouraged. Just because many things have been discovered, it doesn't mean someone won't come along, take a different apporach and stumble on to something new. I personally feel there is more to uncover, and as the saying goes, I'd rather be an optimist and wrong, than a pessimist and right.

There, that wasn't so bad. ;)

Oh, go right and flame me. I wouldn't mind, as long as you had a point.
I am not of the opinion that it's impossible that we'll find something. Sentence three, I couldn't have said better.
It's just my nature, I'd suppose. I'm rather againstnt spreading possibly false hope.
To each his own, I suppose.

kazooieguy 28th May 2006 06:47 PM

Well now mabey soemone can accually answer me on something, can anyone tell me, what in the heck the Text Attic lights reffers too ? yes its in BK and also, in the text ity was listed in an order similer to the following, the part I was you all to pay attention to is cappitalized

beach JUNGLE
cavern JUNGLE
swamp JUNGLE

the word JUNGLE is listed after every world type beach=TTC
Cavern=CC
swamp=BGS

note that that is not neccesaraly the order of the text it was however there in the test it listed all the enviorment types with the word JUNGLE following, now we all know about the Fungus forest but what if we were mistaken, it couldve been a jungle world and if that was the case, then is it possible that within eacha dn everyworld there is a fragment of a whole world, ? or that each egg, carried with it a part of the whole jungle world? if this has been disproven to be soemthing else can I please b todl so? thank you guys for reading the post
Kaz

maypep_necro 28th May 2006 07:06 PM

Yay! I got my first SnS screenshot. I use french version of B-K but the SnS are not in french so project could be scraped about SnS. Here is it:

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5...nap00028je.jpg

BUT, when i collected the key, Kazooie say that they found a giant key and they should keep it for later and its in french.

*BTW, How to get eggs? And is there a way to get ice key without GS and Cheato?

pinkbull 28th May 2006 08:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If we are going to find stop 'n' swap it's not going to be as easy as this
we need to hack every little thing not say it's not worth it. Besides we have nothing else to do :)

Go_Nosis 28th May 2006 11:22 PM

Pinkbull has a point. Hey, tell y'all what. I have a vacation coming up *first in almost 2 years* so i'll crack down then and give the games a good thorough checking for anything mysterious. I'll investigate what I can, and report to you guys my findings, along with things i COULDN'T check out for whatever reason.

mikesgm6 30th May 2006 11:06 PM

Just wanted to add a while back that the "mumbo jumbo" sounds the same in the reversed song, sorry for bumping a few days topic in this topic O.o(xD)"

DemyGod 30th May 2006 11:29 PM

Is anyone hacking as we speak?

Ice Lightning 30th May 2006 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikesgm6
Just wanted to add a while back that the "mumbo jumbo" sounds the same in the reversed song, sorry for bumping a few days topic in this topic O.o(xD)"

Yeah I noticed it sounded similar both ways, but I don't think it means anything. I heard somewhere (probably here) that what Mumbo's saying is actually some different language.

No need to worry about bumping this thread. It's been going over a year and won't ever stop until what's left of SNS has been found :) .

pinkbull 30th May 2006 11:52 PM

Sorry that I've been lazy on the sum up it's on page 70 and hoping to get it to 100 before I go off on a 2 week long vacation. Also I think that there may be code for SnS in some random object like Double Ace's hoax.
EDIT-O-RAMA: Also on page 69 repobanjo talked about inverted songs and the messages in them.

hatrickpatrick 3rd June 2006 08:50 PM

Ok, I'm (yet again) back.
This is really messed up. Everytime I manage to get up to speed on whats been happening here, something else happens which prevents me from getting on here. Well I'm on summer holidays now from school. I'm going away for 3 weeks at the end of June but other than that I've got loads of time. So this time Ireally mean it, I'm going to really pitch in to this again.

Firstly the cutscene mod. No progress I'm afraid. I've tried everything I can for BK's cutscene mod and I really can't think of anything else. if there's ANYONE here who might be able to help me figure it out, PLEASE let me know. We can't even begin to try hacking BT's until we have an (m) code to stop it from crashing every 2 minutes.

Secondly, BK's demo control codes. I need to start compiling the digits list if we're ever going to figure out how they work. I might need some help with that, I'll try it myself first and see what happens.

Thirdly, the hidden silos. Did anyone figure out what the code is to activate the hidden menu options, or did GM find out if you can see which silos are linked to which warp digits? That would be seriously handy for hacking all this...

Gaming Master2k 3rd June 2006 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick
Thirdly, the hidden silos. Did anyone figure out what the code is to activate the hidden menu options, or did GM find out if you can see which silos are linked to which warp digits? That would be seriously handy for hacking all this...

I'm afraid I've had no luck with anything. I'm not a very good hacker and I think that's out of my league (I did try though :)).

slaphappy 4th June 2006 02:28 AM

Quote:

Firstly the cutscene mod. No progress I'm afraid. I've tried everything I can for BK's cutscene mod and I really can't think of anything else.

I haven't focused on it, but I've made progress with the cutscene mod for BK. The problem is there are different behaviors based on what type of cutscene it is. For example, a cutscene where you stay in the same level acts one way, a cutscene that goes to a different level acts another way. And there are differences within the types as well. I have some examples of activators and the source and destination addresses for a different level cutscene. I only have the NTSC but I'll post them tomorrow when I get home.

Quote:

Secondly, BK's demo control codes. I need to start compiling the digits list if we're ever going to figure out how they work. I might need some help with that, I'll try it myself first and see what happens.

Not sure what you mean by the demo control codes. I've been working on mapping all the state activators and their corresponding action states. I'm sure that sounds strange but it is somewhat telling to what the developers were thinking. There are several different demo AI states, which is interesting. Again I have the NTSC addresses and I'll post them tomorrow as well.

I may post them in the Hacking Section because I have a bunch of things to post. Post them there but reference them here, if that makes sense.