The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Go_Nosis 4th June 2006 01:33 AM

I wish I could help, but.. I'm only good for in game crap. *sighs* If anyone needs me, i'll be eating pizza pops.

seriously, if theres anything I can do to help, ask away.

pinkbull 4th June 2006 02:48 AM

Wow its really good to see this in motion. More so the cutscene mod. Also as soon as I get back from FL. I'll start hacking away at it. I'd do it right now but...I'm in Florida. If anyone doesn't want some almost pointless and boring work just pass it onto me. :)

ChillyDark 4th June 2006 03:43 PM

Going on a hacking tourny through games, like Banjo Kazooie.
I'll post my worthwile findings, although most have already been found.

Go_Nosis 4th June 2006 09:10 PM

Hey guys. I kinda have an idea that I wanna try, but I need to see the GBTG picture of the whiteboard, the words, all 4 pictures, and high resolution. Can someone help me out?

ChillyDark 4th June 2006 10:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry, I can only provide you with this, let's hope your on to something.
Good luck, by the way.

Dylan Yoshi 4th June 2006 10:23 PM

http://tyrant5911.ty.funpic.org/stopnswop.gbtg.jpg (copy and paste link)

slaphappy 5th June 2006 02:37 AM

Sorry I didn't get a chance to post sooner today. Here's what I've run across with the Cutscene Modifiers. They are going to be a collection of sorts though, because they don't all act as one type.

Some examples of what I mean by types:

In-Level Cutscene
MMM - The Church Door Timer
Jump on it and a cutscene appears showing the door open

Out-Of-Level Cutscene
TTC - The Grunty Jiggy Switch
Jump on it and the cutscene shows a different level momentarily and then comes back to where you started.

Here is a NTSC memory address I can't quite pin down, but it is clearly an activator/state value.

With a new game state, warp over to TTC and put in this code for Cap'n Blubber's cutscene:
80367003 0002

Warp to MMM and put in this code for the church door cutscene:
80367003 0001

Other level cutscenes (but clearly not all) are activated by this as well, but I haven't put in enough time to get a handle on it. There are many more pieces to the puzzle.

As for Out-Of-Level Cutscenes, here are the addresses for the source and destination levels of the scenes shown:

Go to Cutscene Level:
80367687 00XX

Return To Original Level:
80367697 00XX
8036769B 00YY

XX = Scene Digit
YY = Level Placement

I do not have an activator location for the out-of-scene yet, so I usually just use a grunty switch for it.

It looks like all cutscenes occur at Level Placement 00, but with varying camera positions. For the cutscene camera position, it looks as though 8036768B may be the value, but messing with it usually just gives a black screen and usually disables/screws up the send back function. Weird. It maybe be some combination with 8036768F which gets populated with a unique value as well.

If I get a chance tomorrow, using Ice's suggestion, I'll see if I can convert these to PAL. Yeah, I know, it's not NTFS. ;)

hatrickpatrick 5th June 2006 10:05 AM

BRILLIANT!!!!!
Well done, these codes have evaded me for the last 2 years and I'd all but given up on ever finding addresses for them

If you CAN convert them to PAL that'd be unbelievable, good luck
If mathematical conversion DOESNT work, you could always try hacking them in PJ64 using emucheat, I'd be glad to help...

Go_Nosis 5th June 2006 07:13 PM

oh man, I love the sweet smell of progress. No butt kissing involved, but whenever I see that the latest post was hatrick's, I get hopeful!

Thanks to everyone who sent that picture, I'm just looking very deep in game, because I have a small theory I'm testing out. (yeah I know, someone on RWP who's actually TESTING their own theory??? Mindboggling!)

I'm thinkin' if there was a specific way to get the eggs, be it in BK OR BT, then to elude people it would have to be a process equal in complexity to the "unlimited Kremkoins trick" in DKC2. BUT, this isn't a 2D game. So I'm willing to bet there are some kind of telltale "markers" in the environment, either shape wise, or color wise.

for example!

(god this is how my theory started, I know it sounds stupid, just bear with me)

I was inspired for this by the flowers on the ground outside banjo's house. four colors, blue, red, yellow, and pink. First thing any one of us would notice? Egg colors. Lol. But, then I thought "huh.. No cyan or green." And from that, I thought "Both those eggs are in Mad Monster Mansion.." And, from that, "The stage that introduces captian blackeye.."

So from them, me and my crack team (friends) of several dozen (only 2 of them, actually) video game professionals (no, just friends) are looking for any hints and clues that would be left in the form of color or pattern. One of us in BK on N64, one of us on BK for PJ64 (me), and one of us on tooie in PJ64.

What does it mean? No idea. Might be everything, might be nothing. Every hacker who's currently working, keep working on whatever you're doing. I'm taking this job for myself.

dmoss 5th June 2006 09:15 PM

Good job, everyone! Looks like some great progress is being made! :) I would like to wish everyone good luck with they're new findings...since I can't find anything myself. :p

Nice job to Go_Nosis, too! Good for you to just go and start on something by yourself. It shows stamina, and the fact that you are willing to help. :)

-dmoss, :banjo

DemyGod 5th June 2006 10:11 PM

Just want to say thanks for doing all this. Since page 1 of this thread weve been making progress. We havent unlocked anything but were always getting closer.

Go_Nosis 5th June 2006 11:46 PM

*grumbles* Man, I hate rare. So here I am, playing around in Tooie, looking for color things, when what do i notice? the books on bottles' shelves. All six colors are there, and while it may not mean much, it's still something.

theres alot of green books.
second place, quanitity wise, is red.
then a few less yellow, than red.
few less blue, than yellow.
very few cyan.
one or two pink.

wow, lol. Probably means nothing, and maybe I'm **too** observant, but wow. I'm gonna keep looking into these things.

Any luck from anyone else?

slaphappy 6th June 2006 12:31 AM

I just love everyone's enthusiasm. Keep up the positive energy cause hey, you never know.

Hatrick, here are the translated PAL addresses for the Out-Of-Scene Cutscene Mod for you.

Partial Activator:

Go to Cutscene Level:
80367B07 00XX

Return To Original Level:
80367B17 00XX
80367B1B 00YY

Good luck and let me know if you stumble across anything helpful with this cutscene mess. I'll do the same.

Go_Nosis 6th June 2006 01:19 AM

slaphappy, have i told you that you're awesome? Because if I didn't, I am now.

slaphappy 6th June 2006 03:23 AM

Me Awesome? LOL! No, the RWP is awesome for keeping these forums going for so many years. Now that's awesome! Ok, so back on point...

I wasn't messing around to much with the cutscene, because when you use the activator, you get strange results. Put in a value and Banjo and the objects in the level disappear. Put the value back to zero or it's original value and the objects come back but not Banjo. So I'd have to reload the level to get him back. Tedious at best.

Well, I found the location to get Banjo back and it has couple other behaviors. So if your going to investigate the activator, this will be beneficial.

NTSC
8037BFB8 00XX
00 - Banjo's Gone
01 - Banjo's Back

8037BFB9 00YY
00 - Banjo's Frozen
01 - Banjo's Movable

8037BFBA 00ZZ
00 - Banjo's Shadow's Gone
01 - Banjo's Shadow's Back

Here are the PAL counterparts:
8037C988 00XX