The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rare & Playtonic (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Donkey Kong Country Returns! FINALLY (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38625)

Mandolin 20th August 2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galactic Mario (Post 833290)
Hmmm... Sonic Colors... or DKCR... decisions, decisions :smug:

Are you... are you seriously cosidering getting a 3D Sonic game instead of this glorious blessing from the video game gods?

You... you... I have no words... :(

Starblazer 20th August 2010 03:35 PM

Go

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandolin (Post 833487)
Are you... are you seriously cosidering getting a 3D Sonic game instead of this glorious blessing from the video game gods?

You... you... I have no words... :(

Hey. Hey. HEY. Have you even PLAYED Sonic Unleashed's day stages? That's no shitty Sonic and the Secret Rings, mind you. THIS... might just be... the best 3D Sonic game, complimented by Sonic the Hedgehog 4 which might be the best in 2D, followed by the debut of Sonic on the Kinect, Sonic Free Riders! These three games look promising! Give Sonic a chance!
________
Lovely Wendie

HomsaHedgehog 20th August 2010 06:16 PM

SU sucked. Sorry.

Starblazer 20th August 2010 07:14 PM

Go

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomsarHedgehog (Post 833562)
SU sucked. Sorry.

The Day stages? You really think so?
________
One tree hill dicussion

HomsaHedgehog 20th August 2010 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galactic Mario (Post 833578)
The Day stages? You really think so?

Yes. Especially the times you had to go through with a twist. Damned pots.

Vianerd 28th August 2010 11:15 AM

Let's be honest here, when I first heard about DKCR, I cried for ten minutes straight. Why? Since I was a kid I was hoping there'd be another DKC some day...

BKGeno4Ever 28th August 2010 03:24 PM

I'm so stoked for this game. DKC beats Mario Bros any day.

Starblazer 28th August 2010 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BKGeno4Ever (Post 836792)
I'm so stoked for this game. DKC beats watching paint dry any day.

Fixed. No, i'm not insulting DKC. I'm defending the Bros. :3

Mandolin 28th August 2010 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BKGeno4Ever (Post 836792)
I'm so stoked for this game. DKC beats Mario Bros any day.

Amen, brother. Everything Mario does, DK does a hundred times better. Especially music and ambience.

HomsaHedgehog 28th August 2010 10:44 PM

Agreed, Geno!

Vianerd 1st September 2010 04:00 PM

Agreed. Even though I enjoyed Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country has just so much more heart and character. There's so much emotion in those games.

GameMasterGuy 1st September 2010 04:36 PM

The first three DKCs are definitely better than Mario, but I'm a little suspicious of a DKC without kremlings and Kongs other than Donkey and Diddy.

Mandolin 1st September 2010 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameMasterGuy (Post 838880)
The first three DKCs are definitely better than Mario, but I'm a little suspicious of a DKC without kremlings and Kongs other than Donkey and Diddy.

Retro said the game would feature "familiar faces" from previous installments, but wouldn't say exactly which. I think it's pretty safe to say we'll see animal buddies and other members of the Kong family. We just haven't seen them yet (there's really not a whole lot of info out there; we know nothing beyond what was shown at the E3 presentation).

GameMasterGuy 1st September 2010 04:46 PM

There was also an article in Nintendo Power, they said that two things missing that weren't discussed before were other Kongs and underwater levels.

Mandolin 1st September 2010 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameMasterGuy (Post 838887)
There was also an article in Nintendo Power, they said that two things missing that weren't discussed before were other Kongs and underwater levels.

Wow, really? Can you post a scan?

If there are no other Kongs, then whose services do you pay for with those banana coins?

At least there are animal buddies.