The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rare & Playtonic (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Donkey Kong Country Returns! FINALLY (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38625)

KrazyKaz12 2nd October 2010 01:05 AM

WOW Scrubber. Please, do continue. But let me get my Popcorn out of the Microwave first...

Starblazer 2nd October 2010 01:26 AM

DKCR is looking better now, from the recent videos i've seen from it. I'm torn between Black Ops, Sonic Colors or this.

InTrepidCognito 2nd October 2010 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galactic Mario (Post 855051)
DKCR is looking better now, from the recent videos i've seen from it. I'm torn between Black Ops, Sonic Colors or this.

You. Out.

Starblazer 2nd October 2010 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InTrepidCognito (Post 855055)
You. Out.

What? Black Ops? Excuse me for not meeting your SUPREME standard of game selection. TBH Black Ops looks ok.

sam.26 2nd October 2010 03:29 AM

Black OPS vs DKCR? Get the game that isn't being re-released for the 7th time.

InTrepidCognito 2nd October 2010 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galactic Mario (Post 855088)
What? Black Ops? Excuse me for not meeting your SUPREME standard of game selection. TBH Black Ops looks ok.

TBH MW2 looks like MW1.
TBH WaW looks like MW1.
TBH Black Ops looks like WaW.

Adam 2nd October 2010 03:55 AM

That's nice.

Adam 2nd October 2010 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mebecj (Post 855249)
I honestly can't tell which game you're talking about.

Lol. This.

Vianerd 2nd October 2010 04:12 PM

I don't know what you're talking about, sry

so anyway, I was really happy to see that Rambi was returning. I'd love to see Cranky again too, maybe complaining about how bad it all is. If Retro keeps his personality from the first three DKCs, at least... helpful!Cranky isn't nearly as funny D:

Starblazer 2nd October 2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

True. So very true. :p

I might wait until Christmas to get DKCR, and just get Sonic Colors over Black Ops.

Mandolin 2nd October 2010 11:22 PM

Quote:

Wth? The first DKC has been ported twice (I think), but DKCR is a fully original, totally new game.

Adam 3rd October 2010 12:13 AM

One is a first person shooter series set in modern times.
One is a sidescrolling platformer with monkeys.
In each series, there have been new additions, elements, and levels, but they're all more or less monkeys riding rhinos or people shooting people.

sam.26 3rd October 2010 01:23 AM

I was talking about Black Ops being released for the 7th time, but it was obviously an exaduration.

Mandolin 7th October 2010 01:48 AM

Some sweet new screenshots over here, and with them comes a small sampling of new enemies. I see a big chicken / cassowary thing and a round wood face with spikes around it (I hope it doesn't replace the Zingers!). My favorite is prolly the shrub with eyes and legs. It reminds me of the Spy Guys from Paper Mario and Yoshi's Island.

Thoughts?

InTrepidCognito 7th October 2010 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3V1L L33T (Post 855612)
One is a first person shooter series set in modern times.
One is a sidescrolling platformer with monkeys.
In each series, there have been new additions, elements, and levels, but they're all more or less monkeys riding rhinos or people shooting people.

Except people shooting people had been done how many times before Call of Duty became popular? Donkey Kong Country Returns may be the fourth reboot, but it's the fourth one EVER. Black Ops is the seventh in Call of Duty, but one of the thousands in total.