The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rare & Playtonic (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Donkey Kong Country Returns! FINALLY (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38625)

Tooie 16th June 2010 07:34 PM

DKC4?

OH GOD I JUST CAME

TRBB 16th June 2010 08:40 PM

I see a Jiggy on the right side of the screen when the camera zooms in on DK Isle. ;)

Dukemike 16th June 2010 08:55 PM

I've anticipated this ever since... well... last night.

It looks absolutely foolproof, perfected, rounded, and hell, if it's been in development since 06, it will have some damn good quality to it.

And HOLY ****NUGGETS THAT IS A JIGGY.

Qwazin 16th June 2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRBB (Post 806238)
I see a Jiggy on the right side of the screen when the camera zooms in on DK Isle. ;)

I'll be damned...!

Teafed 16th June 2010 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRBB (Post 806238)

Where? I can't see it...

Keegan 16th June 2010 09:30 PM

Obv. not a Jiggy.

It's one of the K-O-N-G letters in puzzle format.

Aaron Anderson 16th June 2010 10:36 PM

Great, but who will compose the soundtrack?

Mandolin 16th June 2010 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron Anderson (Post 806336)
Great, but who will compose the soundtrack?

Oh, right, the soundtrack.

The fact that it hadn't even crossed my mind must mean that I have low expectations for it. I haven't ever heard video game music as good as Rare's stuff, but since I've never played the Metroid Prime trilogy, I don't know how well Retro has typically done. I guess we can expect DKJB level and style, but I'm really hoping for more.

Dylan Yoshi 16th June 2010 11:04 PM

According to Iwata Asks, they want to make the music as much like the original games' music as possible.

Jinjo Chao 16th June 2010 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Yoshi (Post 805881)
I'm calling it. K. Rool convinced the tikis to raid DK's banana hoard and will turn out to be the puppet master. Remember DKC3? Until the end, the main villain was supposed to be a robot named KAOS. I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happened here.

But DKC3 still had random Kremlings, this doesn't appear to.

Dylan Yoshi 17th June 2010 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinjo Chao (Post 806380)
But DKC3 still had random Kremlings, this doesn't appear to.

But they weren't the same Kremlings as in the first two games- They were from an entirely different country. Normal Kremlings wouldn't show up in a case like this- It takes place on DK Isle again and if Kremlings appeared, it would make it obvious that the villain is K. Rool. It'd be like if you included the Koopalings in a Mario game and Bowser was expected to be a surprise.

Twi 17th June 2010 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Yoshi (Post 806357)
According to Iwata Asks, they want to make the music as much like the original games' music as possible.

Hey, isn't David Wise free now?

TRBB 17th June 2010 01:59 AM

^ HE IS ISNT HE?!? DDSTGOBDJYSREFXXNBTDR DAVID WISE NOA!

Esteban Colberto 17th June 2010 02:00 AM

Cool but why is this is New Rareware? New Rareware is now for Kinect Sports discussions.

Edit: Never mind. Until today I never even knew a "Donkey Kong" sub-forum existed.

Cheesy9 17th June 2010 03:04 AM

Game looks awesome, Day 1 for me. Still though, the lack of animal buddies (Rambi, Enguarde, Squawks), and classic enemies like Zingers, Gnawtys, and Kremlins is a little disheartening. I have faith though that regardless, Retro will deliver a great Donkey Kong game.