The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Gaming (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Pokémon Thread of Pokémon-Related Content (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54259)

qwertykins76 5th July 2015 02:50 AM

Pokémon Thread of Pokémon-Related Content

I dunno.... We have one of these for Ponies.... Do you think a general-subject thread would work for this?

I already know for a fact that there are a ton of people on the site who like Pokémon. What I don't know, is whether that extends enough that any of those people are interested in talking about the (whole bunch of) mundane intricasies surrounding the franchise. ...Like how Snowpoint City is in the shape of a snowflake. That's worth bringing up, right? Or like, "I found a shiny Vileplume today!"....stuff like that.

Just talk Pokémon in the feed below. General subject matter. There is a metric crud ton of things to talk about in this franchise, if you want to.

Smouvy 5th July 2015 09:50 AM

This is my new hub :> Manectric is due to end by today btw @PokemonShuffle

N64DD 5th July 2015 04:15 PM

any one else spend time killing your "friends" in pokemon when you're forced to team up in battle?

The Colonel 5th July 2015 07:54 PM

somebody post that fanart of a sexually attractive gardevoir from that one thread a few years ago i can't remember what thread it was in but i think it's a necessary contribution

i know at least one of you has it saved to your computer, don't lie to me

The Colonel 5th July 2015 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yiffgurl (Post 1244771)
i mean, i have like 100+ sexy gardevoirs saved on my computer, so i don't know specifically what you're referring to but i can try to help if you narrow it down a bit

the one that was down on its hands and knees against a flat-colored background while looking forward andre don't ban me

The Colonel 5th July 2015 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yiffgurl (Post 1244773)
i shall look for you the next time im on my laptop

thank u

qwertykins76 5th July 2015 08:46 PM

Somehow, knowing RWP, I figured this would turn to Poképhilia at some point. Yet, somehow, knowing RWP, I didn't expect it a couple posts in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yiffgurl (Post 1244763)
im always down to discuss gens I & II stuff but i pretty much check out of any post-gsc discussion at this point

I never understood this, how there's so many people who are still fond of gens I and II and yet don't so much as glance at the new generations. I mean...why? If you still like the old ones, then what isn't to like about the new ones? I'm genuinely confused.... But the Pokémon was a worldwide phenomenon, so, whatever.

I mean people generally like some generations better than others but I mean I don't get why 'everything after Crystal = BAD' in so many people's minds.

Smouvy 5th July 2015 08:57 PM

I don't understand either. On one hand there's people complaining every new Pokémon game is the same game all over, on the other hand people say that every game post 'insert gen here' is crap.

Those are two completely contradictory statements.

That said, there is one set of main pokémon games that I consider to be abysmal.

Diamond and Pearl. I just couldn't get into that, its region, or its new Pokémon. To me it still holds up as the weakest gen to date. HeartGold and SoulSilver were saving graces though. They made me forget about D/P instantly.

qwertykins76 5th July 2015 09:24 PM

D/P/Pt is definitely the majority of people's least favorite generation. It's my favorite, though. I know it has plenty of faults, but I don't care about them too much.

I quite like the idea behind the Sinnoh region. Picture this: It's a large island-nation far up north, relatively far away from everything else. The climate is cold and snowy, and the environment is full of desaturated colors. The entire region is split down the middle by a massive mountain range which looms over everything, and right in the middle, at the top of that looming peak of perhaps the tallest mountain in the world, though nobody knows they're there, are the gods of that universe. And they're hiding in plain sight, visible whenever you look up.

I just love how sequestered and..I dunno, special, the region feels. It always feels like there's someone watching you.... Though I may not play D/P/Pt very often they're still my favorite thematically and overall.

N64DD 5th July 2015 09:24 PM

I enjoyed black and white more than I thought I would

Smouvy 5th July 2015 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N64DD (Post 1244794)
I enjoyed black and white more than I thought I would

Me too, it's among my favourites. Black2/White2 was just a little overkill for that generation though.

Eggbert 5th July 2015 10:29 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--lF4YM4j5W...chopsprite.png

green had the best sprites.

N64DD 5th July 2015 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smouvy (Post 1244798)
Me too, it's among my favourites. Black2/White2 was just a little overkill for that generation though.

I actually found a team I was real happy with consisting of mainly the new gen pokemon also golurk is an awesome pokemon

Andre 6th July 2015 03:33 AM

I also have trouble caring about generations past Gen II; I've played every Pokemon game since then, but I rarely complete them and then wonder why I keep buying the games. I do think that X/Y made a huge effort to make the games more enjoyable (EXP Share fix especially,) but maybe I just outgrew it. I'll still probably keep buying Pokemon, but I definitely don't care like i did with Red/Blue and Gold/Silver.

Brian 6th July 2015 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smouvy (Post 1244733)
This is my new hub :> Manectric is due to end by today btw @PokemonShuffle

CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE MINE

N64DD 6th July 2015 08:01 AM

I just hate in the last two games (black/White X/Y) you're forced to have friends kinda ruins the whole just you and your pokemon feel that the old games had..also your pokefriends are usually a bunch of weak pansyasses and by the time you're forced to team up with em to take care of the baddie grunt you can pretty much beat both pokemon on your own

Smouvy 6th July 2015 08:26 AM

I always used those teamup moments to grind for exp cuz they heal your pokemon after every battle.

Also, this was a thing in Diamond/Pearl too, so it goes back all the way to Gen 4)

N64DD 6th July 2015 08:28 AM

oh I did forget about that one!

qwertykins76 6th July 2015 05:56 PM

Why Gamefreak thinks that Pokémon fans want to have friends is beyond me.

N64DD 6th July 2015 07:57 PM

they're really lame though

qwertykins76 6th July 2015 09:54 PM

The next Pokémon movie was just revealed to have something to do with Zygarde. This all but confirms to me that the next game they make is going to be Pokémon Z, or X and Y 2. I already kinda thought this. But it does beg the question....Will they be doing Kanto remakes for Pokémon's 20th anniversary?

I don't think so. They've never released two games in a year as far as I remember although they could simply have delayed Pokémon Z. If you ask me, the X and Y sequels are what they're celebrating the anniversary with. We might even get them on February 27th. Who knows.

N64DD 7th July 2015 12:05 AM

I do wish to know z's purpose also I still have a bit of a guilty pleasure with the pkmn movies

Smouvy 7th July 2015 08:57 AM

Odds of Z happening are way higher than a Kanto remake.

I mean, why would they? We already have FR/LG. It would just become a cluster**** if they started to remake the remakes :p

DementedSun 7th July 2015 10:02 AM

Kanto Remake in full 3D with live battles on Wii-U, please? <3

N64DD 8th July 2015 03:42 AM

Sexiest gym leader?

N64DD 8th July 2015 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yiffgurl (Post 1244986)
flannery

but jasmine is my waifu forever

aww ye bastardo well I will take the new fairy gym leader shes totes adorb yo!

as for sexiest....I like the poison gym leader in diamond I believe the one that really liked brock in the anime

The Colonel 8th July 2015 06:13 AM

i have not actually played pokemon black or white but skyla has cute boots

Smouvy 8th July 2015 07:13 AM

Dude even I consider Flannery the hottest gym leader. That should say nuff.

N64DD 8th July 2015 08:08 AM

bada ch~

Smouvy 8th July 2015 09:33 AM

Also for the males I'd say Cress.

...or Bugsy o-O

Smouvy 9th July 2015 08:26 AM

can't say I ever played puzzle leage, but I certainly love the GameBoy Trading Card Game... Game :)

Seriously that's my shit and I'd buy a new one in a heartbeat if they ever made a similar one but more up to date for 3ds

N64DD 9th July 2015 08:28 AM

Crystal was sutch an amzing journey

Just me and my meganium Vs the entire Team Rocket

qwertykins76 14th July 2015 05:07 AM

Why isn't Ice super effective against Bug

Smouvy 14th July 2015 11:03 AM

Why is Rock super effective against Bug?

Bugs love living under Rocks...

qwertykins76 14th July 2015 05:11 PM

Yeah well they don't like being attacked with rocks.

Honestly I think Ice doesn't do anything to Bug for type balance reasons. That type has enough problems already. Plus Bug/Flying types would then have two double weaknesses which is a bit much.

Masked Hero 16th July 2015 01:25 PM

Blaziken Trailer for Pokken Tournament!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5CwxZE0ig8

Crystal Mech 16th July 2015 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalHeroOfTime (Post 1245799)
Blaziken Trailer for Pokken Tournament!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5CwxZE0ig8

Blaziken is Marshall Law confirmed

The Colonel 24th July 2015 11:22 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiXYK-GAn4c

N64DD 24th July 2015 11:23 PM

well now I have seen it all

Brian 10th September 2015 12:58 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=154&v=2sj2iQyBTQs

POKEMON GO