The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Gaming (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Pokémon Thread of Pokémon-Related Content (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54259)

qwertykins76 9th October 2015 06:48 PM

Y'know I'm only now just realizing that we're getting very close to 1000 Pokémon. Think about that. A thousand Pokémon! That's crazy!

Even if they only release 100 Pokémon for the next two generations, that'll bring the total up from 721, to 821, to 921. So generation 8, (or 9 if they really want to be conservative and clean,) will show us Pokémon number 1000.

I wonder what it'll be? Seeing as they've already done God.... Life an Death.... I think they'll create legendaries that have some degree of control over the Sun and the Moon eventually, but what would Pokémon number 1000 be?

I wonder if they'll retire the franchise then, or take a break from it for a couple years. It can't go on forever...but then, it isn't owned by Nintendo. It's the only thing that makes Gamefreak money. I see no forseeable end to this franchise, which concerns me.

N64DD 9th October 2015 06:54 PM

most likely 1000 and 1

Smouvy 10th October 2015 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwertyo76 (Post 1252932)
I wonder what it'll be? Seeing as they've already done God.... Life an Death.... I think they'll create legendaries that have some degree of control over the Sun and the Moon eventually, but what would Pokémon number 1000 be?

It'll be the Fishing Rod pokémon.

It'll replace the normal rods. Here's some bait for you

1UP 31st October 2015 12:23 AM

There's a new form of
Spoiler: (highlight to view)
Mewtwo
in Pokken.

Click.

Spoiler: (highlight to view)
Dark Mewtwo. Who knows how canon it is, but it looks like Mewtwo has a weird crystal shard embedded into it and it can still Mega evolve.

qwertykins76 30th November 2015 05:35 PM

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...pokemon/.95870

Also we're we're getting "major Pokémon news" some time in December, presumably the announcement of the next main series games. I know everyone was disappointed with the Direct but at least we know the announcement's coming.

qwertykins76 30th November 2015 06:23 PM

I don't actually. It's so big that there's always a younger audience coming in.

I think it'll start dropping in sales, but I mean the games are very lucrative in the first place and a lot of their fans are super hardcore about being fans.

Andre 30th November 2015 06:44 PM

I know that I've definitely had enough, unless they start changing game mechanics.

Smouvy 30th November 2015 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwertyo76 (Post 1256201)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...pokemon/.95870

Also we're we're getting "major Pokémon news" some time in December, presumably the announcement of the next main series games. I know everyone was disappointed with the Direct but at least we know the announcement's coming.

Do speak for yourself. I felt more than fulfilled with the anouncement of the VC games!

Crystal Mech 1st December 2015 12:47 PM

I bought X two days ago and I really like it. I like the small customization aspects for your character, and the new Pokemon so far are pretty nice and they don't look like spaghetti monster monstrosities like some of the ones in Black/White. I'm not huge into the series but I'm beginning to see why I enjoyed the old ones so much again, it's such a time-killer.

That being said, I'm still confused by the Pokemon-Amie/Super Training apps. I don't fully know exactly how either of them work - they're kinda tedious and I'm still not sure if I can go through most of the game without spending a lot of time with them.

As a side note, I'm curious as to whether or not anyone here plays any of the F2P Pokemon games on 3DS. I play Rumble frequently but I haven't touched Shuffle in quite a while. Is there any incentive to go back?

Brian 1st December 2015 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystal Mech (Post 1256376)
I bought X two days ago and I really like it. I like the small customization aspects for your character, and the new Pokemon so far are pretty nice and they don't look like spaghetti monster monstrosities like some of the ones in Black/White. I'm not huge into the series but I'm beginning to see why I enjoyed the old ones so much again, it's such a time-killer.

That being said, I'm still confused by the Pokemon-Amie/Super Training apps. I don't fully know exactly how either of them work - they're kinda tedious and I'm still not sure if I can go through most of the game without spending a lot of time with them.

As a side note, I'm curious as to whether or not anyone here plays any of the F2P Pokemon games on 3DS. I play Rumble frequently but I haven't touched Shuffle in quite a while. Is there any incentive to go back?

With super training, it's extremely useful if you do EV training. Like you just pick one of the events and it'll help raise the EV points of the stat event you chose. Helps with the potential of your Pokemon. Pokemon Amie, I never got into, you just play with your Pokemon and raise friendship of it. Kinda boring imo.

Smouvy 1st December 2015 05:35 PM

Raising friendship through Pokémon Amie makes the pokémon get boosted Exp and likely to shake off status effects and sometimes even completely evade moves. It's actually really cool!

Andre 1st December 2015 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smouvy (Post 1256389)
Raising friendship through Pokémon Amie makes the pokémon get boosted Exp and likely to shake off status effects and sometimes even completely evade moves. It's actually really cool!

This is worded like one of those nameless NPCs in a Pokemon Center. :p

Smouvy 1st December 2015 07:31 PM

1UP 1st December 2015 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andre (Post 1256210)
I know that I've definitely had enough, unless they start changing game mechanics.

I just want them to add a hard mode [that you can select from the get-go]; you never have to strategize in any of these games and can just stomp the competition. Heck, you can pretty much clear gyms with a single super-effective attack used over and over again.

Angry Ancestor 1st December 2015 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1UP (Post 1256403)
I just want them to add a hard mode [that you can select from the get-go]; you never have to strategize in any of these games and can just stomp the competition. Heck, you can pretty much clear gyms with a single super-effective attack used over and over again.

I liked how they gave Candice a Medicham, Volkner an Octillery and an Ambipom, Aaron a Drapion, and Flint a Lopunny, a Steelix, and a Drifblim in Diamond and Pearl. But turns out they only did that because the dex was lacking, so they made it all lame again in platty.

Angry Ancestor 3rd December 2015 03:54 AM

So dope, they re-released on the 3ds eshop like last year so I finally got another chance to play it again. I always wanted to join the Science club

Smouvy 3rd December 2015 08:01 AM

such a shame they never made a third one

Breegullbeak 22nd January 2016 05:51 PM

So Pokemon is turning 20 in about a month and starting next month they're doing a bunch of Legendary Pokemon giveaways on 6th gen games. I don't have one so which should I get?

qwertykins76 22nd January 2016 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breegullbeak (Post 1260028)
So Pokemon is turning 20 in about a month and starting next month they're doing a bunch of Legendary Pokemon giveaways on 6th gen games. I don't have one so which should I get?

What are your feelings for the original Ruby Sapphire and Emerald?

Angry Ancestor 22nd January 2016 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breegullbeak (Post 1260028)

Just get Omega ruby / alpha sapphire. They improved from XY and you can still catch the new gen 6 pokes with a cool new scanner item thing. Both ORAS and XY have shitty endgames though

Actually, ORAS had an ok endgame. I don't wanna spoil it but you can catch deoxys in a super cool way. And also flying around the skies of hoenn with lati@s is a blast. The abandoned ship is fun to explore, there's loads of legendaries, and there's a whole island that caters to competitive players. Damn alpha sappihire was really fun now that I think about it and my experience was ruined because I found out that my trainer name Pubes was legal enough to use for single player campaign but apparently too vulgar for multiplayer so all my EV trained shiny competitive pokes were tainted with my Pubic OT name and they're all useless. Thanks a lot Game Freak you ****ing nutsacks for having a totally inconsistent and retarded naming filter. Who cares though anyway? I lost my 3DS somehow a couple months ago so I'll probably never play a Pokemon game ever again. Kind of depressing :[

Breegullbeak 23rd January 2016 09:19 PM

I've done Emerald and Sapphire, but never Ruby. Emerald I actually got relatively close to getting a complete Pokedex, farther than any other game at least. I'd be down to do those games again, but I'm interested in what the general opinion is of X and Y. Did it turn sour like Black and White or is it still generally regarded as 2 good games?

Keegan 24th January 2016 05:17 AM

that new genie shit is the god damn stupidest looking pokemon in the ****ing universe

Angry Ancestor 24th January 2016 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breegullbeak (Post 1260122)
I've done Emerald and Sapphire, but never Ruby. Emerald I actually got relatively close to getting a complete Pokedex, farther than any other game at least. I'd be down to do those games again, but I'm interested in what the general opinion is of X and Y. Did it turn sour like Black and White or is it still generally regarded as 2 good games?

As far as I know and think personally, XY has held up well. The graphics are great and the game is just super refreshing overall. BW was a complete slog (although the sequels greatly improved on them) but I think XY is a solid gaming and Pokemon experience. Sorry for the shallow answer but I don't see anyone else trying to help you out.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Keegan (Post 1260174)
that new genie shit is the god damn stupidest looking pokemon in the ****ing universe

R U talking about Hoopa? In which case I would agree! But if ur talking about thundurus tornadus and landorus, those "new" genies are 5 years old now :x (in this case I still agree they r stupid as all shit)

you're def referring to a gen 6 poke. I dont mean to insult ur pokemon knowledge but I'm leaving my post how it is because how craaaazy is it that BW is over 5 yo?! wowzers....

Keegan 24th January 2016 06:24 AM

i was talking about hoopa, but all of the above

ttnn123456789 25th January 2016 12:05 AM

Anyone here likes the Mystery Dungeon series? I have been playing Super Mystery Dungeon this week and I think Chunsoft did a good job at balancing the difficulty of the game, too bad some items are OP and can be used to complete easily any dungeon XD

Breegullbeak 25th January 2016 12:27 AM

Yeah I've always been of the mind Black and White were the worst Pokemon games ever made in the main series. The sequels were an improvement, but pretty much nothing can fix the games major flaws in that almost every new Pokemon design is awful and that the region is the worst laid out in the series. It was made just to fill the gap until the 3DS. As long as X and Y are more than just prettier graphics and a few new Pokemon I'd rather go for the new experience, but if not I'll lean on the experience I've had before and know will entertain.

qwertykins76 25th January 2016 12:40 AM

Boy you're a right ray of sunshine, aren't you?

Smouvy 25th January 2016 07:22 AM

...Black and White are my 3rd fav series :(

If anything, I felt Black2/White2 were a bit of a let down.

Angry Ancestor 25th January 2016 04:04 PM

I heard XY was in development at the same time as BW. So it was probably two separate teams and it definitely feels that way graphics aside

project64banjo 26th January 2016 02:27 AM

"Pokémon channel" was the best Pokémon game.

Also what's Blue and Red? Never heard of those Pokémon games, they must not be all that popular.

1UP 26th January 2016 12:51 PM

Detective Pikachu is really real now.
Out Feb 3 in Japan.

EDIT: The voice is what makes this whole thing work for me.

Derek 26th January 2016 01:46 PM

That actually looks pretty cool, I'd play it.

Angry Ancestor 26th January 2016 02:48 PM

Pokemon always knows how to shake things up. This looks so stupid that it just might work. I do really wanna play it.

Angry Ancestor 2nd March 2018 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angry Ancestor (Post 1260037)
I lost my 3DS somehow a couple months ago so I'll probably never play a Pokemon game ever again. Kind of depressing :[

I just found it

qwertykins76 2nd March 2018 06:19 PM

I'm in yet another Pokémon hibernation period. It's healthy. One's mind can only handle so much Pokémania. And my interest in the franchise has dwindled over the years, if only a little bit.

If the Switch games end up being Gen VIII, I shan't seek to know anything about them. I intended to go in Pokémun and Pokémoon blind, but failed. Not this time! Nuh-uh. The second I receive wind that Gen VIII has been, or is about to be announced, I'm cutting off all ties to Pokémon-related news outlets til release.

I don't think I've ever gone into any Pokémon game completely without prior knowledge. I want that experience. I'm sure I'll accidentally end up finding out some stuff, but THIS time, I don't even want to know the starters. I don't want to know the region. If I can manage it, I don't even want to know the NAME of the game/s. I might not even be aware that the game/s have released, until several days afterward. We're aiming to be incognizant of what lies ahead, hardcore.

qwertykins76 3rd March 2018 05:51 PM

A lot of people say Heart Gold and Soul Silver are the best in the franchise. I don't know where I stand on that.

Also yeah a lot of people think 'pokémon' is an actual Japanese word that means pocket monster, when it's really just a portmanteau of poketto monsuta.

The Professional Griefer 4th March 2018 01:15 AM

I am probably one of those people who say Gold and Silver are the best of all the gens. I love Gold, Silver, and Crystal with a Passion. I actually need to go buy Silver now that it hit the nintendo eshop.

Not Pokemon game related but still pokemon have any of you seen the pokemon Megaconstrux sets? I have absolutly fallen in love with them. I wish these had existed when I was a child I totally would have asked my parents for them all.

N64DD 4th March 2018 05:10 AM

But you can buy them all now!!

I agree Crystal was my first official pokemon journey and nothing will beat the memory of my team saving the Radio tower!!

N64DD 4th March 2018 01:15 PM

I ended up loving black and diamond and pearl wete pretty good X/Y was a god damn tragidy hiwever

The Professional Griefer 4th March 2018 05:42 PM

I have yet to finish Sun and Moon....just something about it I do not fully like...maybe its trials I am not too sure or maybe because I feel like it is too easy like someone dumbed down my pokemon.