The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Fifth Part of SNS II (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28876)

BanjoPL 30th April 2009 07:29 PM

He didn't reveal much...the clue is in the name...???

Weldar-Kazooie 30th April 2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TowerOfTragedy (Post 580884)
People, he works at Microsoft, listen to this guy.

He sure does, but he hasn't given us something to listen to.

What he's said has already been established :) It's just a confirmation! :p

TowerOfTragedy 30th April 2009 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldar-Kazooie (Post 580891)
He sure does, but he hasn't given us something to listen to.

What he's said has already been established :) It's just a confirmation! :p

No it's not. He's a ****ing Microsoft / Rare employee. If you don't know a damn about them, then please don't bother replying to my post.

Rare is known to behave 'strange' when it comes to hints, etc.

Yes, I'm still being nice, no hate ;)

Mandy 30th April 2009 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TowerOfTragedy (Post 580894)
No it's not. He's a ****ing Microsoft / Rare employee. If you don't know a damn about them, then please don't bother replying to my post.

The other two are mentioned in the second post

TowerOfTragedy 30th April 2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandy (Post 580896)
Read the second post in the thread ;)

I have, but what does that have to do with the hints Pops gave us?
I'm confused...

Mandy 30th April 2009 07:46 PM

I thought you were talking about the other two unlockables.

Weldar-Kazooie 30th April 2009 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TowerOfTragedy (Post 580894)

Whether it's a confimation or not, we still suspected it before his post.

You can take it as a confiration or a mere post, your choice entirely. :)

Silly Rare Employee! :p

I'm still being nice as well. :D Absolutely no hate or flaming! ^^

Edit: Yes Mandy, I was. :D

TowerOfTragedy 30th April 2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandy (Post 580900)
I thought you were talking about the other two unlockables.

No, I was talking about Pops' hints towards the names. They have something to do with actually unlocking SNSII :)

Ice Mario 30th April 2009 07:56 PM

It's a given though. Obviously the clues are in the name.

TowerOfTragedy 30th April 2009 07:57 PM

Well, no one figured it out yet. So I guess that it isn't so obvious :p

J@mie 30th April 2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Mario (Post 580904)
It's a given though. Obviously the clues are in the name.

Exactly. They aren't going to call it something absoloutley different from what you had to do to get it. Otherwise how the hell would anybody know what to do?

Ice Mario 30th April 2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TowerOfTragedy (Post 580906)
Well, no one figured it out yet. So I guess that it isn't so obvious :p

I didn't say they were obvious, I said it's obvious the name relates to the unlock.

BanjoPL 30th April 2009 08:13 PM

The 6th SNS II icon is sword or cross? What you think guys?

Mandy 30th April 2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BanjoPL (Post 580920)
The 6th SNS II icon is sword or cross? What you think guys?

It's a sword.

eioozak ojnab 30th April 2009 09:13 PM

Who's Boss now... Only thing I can think of is an after boss after you beat Grunty? Kinda of like "who's the boss now that Grunty's gone"... unlikely...
Heroic Failure... Maybe kill yourself in order to kill an Enemy? Like what Ice said about the enemy at the bottom of the cliff, Jump off, attack and kill the enemy, die?

BanjoObsessed 30th April 2009 09:34 PM

Just thought I would bring this up -though I doubt it is useful

Banjo was holding a crown in the 2007 (i think) Rare Christmas Card....Yeah :P

glitchman 30th April 2009 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BanjoObsessed (Post 580970)
Just thought I would bring this up -though I doubt it is useful

Banjo was holding a crown in the 2007 (i think) Rare Christmas Card....Yeah :P

it was the gyroscope vehicle part

BanjoObsessed 30th April 2009 10:02 PM

was it? Oh... I dunno :P

glitchman 30th April 2009 10:03 PM

has anyone tried beating all the bosses in under 20 minutes yet?

Neodynamics 30th April 2009 10:08 PM

Maybe the heroic failure is beating Gruntilda without answering any of her questions right. That way she throws all the fast harder spells at you. You would be heroic, but also a failure. :P

repaidfuzz 1st May 2009 12:02 AM

Wait i sec guys. "Now Who's Boss"
That doesnt neccesarely mean Now who is THE Boss....When they say "Boss" They could mean the slang term of Boss, Boss: Incrediably Awesome; miraculous; great.
Maybe, Maybe not? Any thoughts?

repaidfuzz 1st May 2009 12:06 AM

Sorry i meant to say "Who's Boss Now" but you get what i mean.

xxnekrosisxx 1st May 2009 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neodynamics (Post 581000)
Maybe the heroic failure is beating Gruntilda without answering any of her questions right. That way she throws all the fast harder spells at you. You would be heroic, but also a failure. :P

Confirmed that it doesn't work...coolboyman tested it out nothing happened.

BanjoMan1987 1st May 2009 12:48 AM

Someone said freezing the enemy below the ice egg silo (the silo where you get given ice eggs) and jumping off the cliff and stamping on it might do something. I just tried this landed bang on the enemy just as it was unfreezing killed it and fell to my doom. No heroic failure award.

xxjoesusxx 1st May 2009 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BanjoMan1987 (Post 581146)
Someone said freezing the enemy below the ice egg silo (the silo where you get given ice eggs) and jumping off the cliff and stamping on it might do something. I just tried this landed bang on the enemy just as it was unfreezing killed it and fell to my doom. No heroic failure award.

Coolboyman already tried it.

Madous 1st May 2009 01:12 AM

This is great, it's like looking for Stop 'n' Swop all over again, because, well, that's exactly what it is. o-O Can't wait to see what the rewards are...

Dylan Yoshi 1st May 2009 01:34 AM

Has anyone tried losing to Grunty as Banjo in multiplayer? That might work for either Heroic Failure or Now Who's Boss.

Pikminpicker 1st May 2009 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatman3388 (Post 581163)
This is great, it's like looking for Stop 'n' Swop all over again, because, well, that's exactly what it is. o-O Can't wait to see what the rewards are...

You've totally nailed my thoughts. This is great! What's gonna happen once we get all of the achivements? I'll keep watch and search for info from other sites about the remaining two since i don't own a X-Box.

STOP 'N' SWOP you're giving us the challange once again! ^_^

Coolboyman 1st May 2009 02:32 AM

Here's what I did today:
- Beat Grunty while getting all her questions wrong in Replay mode
- Hit Zombie Jingaling to get him to talk about all the bosses

What others have done:
- Beaten Mr. Patch in less than 2 minutes
- Kill Grunty as Banjo on local Multipalyer

I am going to break more records to see if it unlocks something. Perhaps you have to beat all the bosses under a certain time? The current world record is about 16 minutes, and I'm at 17 minutes. I'll try...

15 Minutes?

Ice Mario 1st May 2009 02:32 AM

I think it's going to be something like that. Total personal bests on bosses less than x

Also, I've beat Mr. Patch while not leaving the ground :p No joy.

Coolboyman 1st May 2009 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Mario (Post 581228)
I think it's going to be something like that. Total personal bests on bosses less than x

Also, I've beat Mr. Patch while not leaving the ground :p No joy.

Lol, I forgot to mention. One of my party members beat Mr. Patch without using any eggs, just beak bombing his patches.

Tooie 1st May 2009 02:39 AM

Has anyone tried dying as you beat an enemy for Heroic Failure?

Ice Mario 1st May 2009 02:42 AM

I tried dying when Targitzan explodes, but I couldn't get any of the darts to get me.

repaidfuzz 1st May 2009 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatman3388 (Post 581163)

YEAH! i really like how everyone is coming together and try and figure this out. It shouldnt be something incredibly hard though because everyone should be able to access Stop N Swap, but who knows. Maybe you do have to beat all the bosses under a certain time.

BanjoMaster 1st May 2009 02:55 AM

I was just fighting Mr. Patch and noticed that before the battle he says something along the lines of "I'll show you who's boss!" that made me think of this.

Ice Mario 1st May 2009 02:58 AM

Yeah, that's what made us think of Mr. Patch.

Dan 1st May 2009 03:07 AM

Hmm, well boss means in charge, and the icon is a sword, but the icons are sort of twisted hints, I mean chamelon can change its colours, and you get it for all transformations, but "and the winner is" was for 1st place as the clue, but thats just for gold, not for egg. Whos boss now would be looking at "now" as in wasnt boss before, if its asumed its banjo saying it, it would have to be someone in charge of banjo, (or kazooie), who would now be the one in control, sort of like kazooie having banjo in the backpack, or Banjo becoming the king of some place perhaps, the sword is the clue to that answer, as for heroic failure, everyone has just asumed Banjo is automatically a hero, He'd have to do something heroic, and fail at it, the best idea i saw was the getting all grunty questions wrong, since he's THEN a hero, but fails. Perhaps something to do with bottles' party you dont ever get to go to, since at that point you're considered a hero, but have failed to finish off the witch, Im still only at Terrydatcyl land so there isn't much I can try. (HOW THE HELL DO YOU BEAT THE GAME IN ONLY 6 HOURS? O_O?)

Grey Jinjo 1st May 2009 03:10 AM

How about fighting Minjy Jongo with Mumbo? "Who's the boss now" would be Mumbo. Get it, because Minjy is the boss... but... when he is defeated... :p.

That is way out of left field, though :p.

drumbum007 1st May 2009 03:11 AM

ok I don't have BT-XBLA yet but reading Dan's post makes me think that shooting Banjo with some type of egg while Kazooie by herself will get Who's The Boss Now?

SOMEONE TRY IT!!!

BanjoMaster 1st May 2009 03:15 AM

good idea greyjinjo but can it be done

as to drumbum i wish i would have read your post sooner i just turned my game off like a minute before i read this and i have to go do something