The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Benjo Koolzooie 21st September 2005 10:06 PM

No, the tip tup choir's shells do not match exactly if I recall. I think their is a deep purple coloured shell present. And if it isn't that I am sure it is another colour that dismisses the idea.

dmoss 23rd September 2005 03:40 PM

BUMP...

Quick question. I want to join in with everyone on the search for SnS, but I don't have a Game Shark. Are they still in production? If not, is eBay my only real option? I feel kind of like a bump on a log, here. The only thing I can do is speculate, and hope for the best, while everyone else gets all of the fun! Hope the Croctus stuff works out!

-daniel

hatrickpatrick 23rd September 2005 08:14 PM

'fraid they ARE out of production
either ebay, or amazon, is the best shot at gettinjg one
Ok, well this ****ing headache thing has lasted a LOT longer than I hoped, but I'm really going to try and get back to hacking tomorrow. Sorry for the loooooong delay...

ChaoticTH 24th September 2005 07:00 AM

Ahem,may I contribute my idea?

I am thinking combining the theories that make the MOST Sense together,and playing Bk with the Combined theory.

Basiccaly,collect the Ice key,4 eggs,and Then if that doesn't work,pull out the trump card known as the combined theory

57 pages to friggin' read!

Congrats to me!
Took me 2 days! :eek:

dmoss 24th September 2005 10:05 PM

Hmmm...Hatrick, you should go to the doctor. It sounds as if you're suffering from severe Migranes. That can't be any good for your health! You get your rest, and don't worry about this until you're feeling well...:)

-daniel

ChaoticTH 24th September 2005 11:50 PM

I have a new Hypothesis to do with Vatican Drummer...
however,I shall let him report on it.

Also,maybe the secret level IS the SnS Room/level ever thought of that?

Yuoko 25th September 2005 04:13 AM

First Post...>_>
Anyway, Yeah, I made this in five minutes, as I read through this topic... o_O;
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/Zeldafan56/sns.jpg
So try not to make TOO much fun of it...
Yes, that's my theory...

vaticandrummer 25th September 2005 04:14 AM

This theory seems to be the new popular thing, isn't it? (I don't want to sound mean, but I've seen 3 threads where this has been mentioned)

Is there any evidence to support the hypothesis?

ChaoticTH 25th September 2005 04:18 AM

:cool: yeah,is there?

Yuoko 25th September 2005 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaticandrummer
This theory seems to be the new popular thing, isn't it? (I don't want to sound mean, but I've seen 3 threads where this has been mentioned)

Is there any evidence to support the hypothesis?

There's not much evidence to not support it, ne? ;)
Most of the ideas in this thread have either little evidence, or are just possibl ideas. ;)

ChaoticTH 25th September 2005 04:40 AM

Except my theory,and the still untested,Combined theory

Yuoko 25th September 2005 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaoticYoshi
Except my theory,and the still untested,Combined theory

True, true...
(BTW, I would try this myself, but whenever i boot my B-K game up with a game shark, it does this odd black fog thing...o_O; )

ChaoticTH 25th September 2005 04:50 AM

@Yuoko:well,crud

Yuoko 25th September 2005 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaoticYoshi
@Yuoko:well,crud

I'll get a pic when I can...
It'll still play, just... It's kinda weird.o_O;
About the only thing I've even done was glance through the Memory Editor, and used Moon jump for the Ice Key...

ChaoticTH 25th September 2005 04:56 AM

take your time

hatrickpatrick 25th September 2005 08:27 PM

Quote:

Hmmm...Hatrick, you should go to the doctor. It sounds as if you're suffering from severe Migranes. That can't be any good for your health! You get your rest, and don't worry about this until you're feeling well...
I went a few weeks ago, and it's a sinus infection. It's getting a lot better though, and I'm going to start trying out this new theory tomorrow. Sounds like a pretty good one. Getting the green egg to appear in the bathroom is a nightmare, but it CAN be done, with object mods... I'll try it tomorrow...

dmoss 26th September 2005 02:24 PM

Hmmm...what? What about the green egg in the bathroom? I'm not sure I'm following you...

Oh, and when did this new thing start? Looks like there's a new idea in the works! However, why do you guys think we don't need the Ice Key? Wouldn't that be important, since it's the only object you can actually see out of the seven?

-daniel

EDIT:

I mean, since you don't have to do anything to really activate it's appearance. You can see it the whole time...thought it set itself apart that way.

vaticandrummer 26th September 2005 07:20 PM

That was the first part of the theory; once you get the Ice Key, you start on the middle 4 eggs.

hatrickpatrick 2nd October 2005 01:37 PM

Well I've just done all 4 eggs, no sandcastle codes, what now do you think?
I got the key first, then the eggs.
I'm going to watch the end cutscene again and see if anything's different.

zxzxi 2nd October 2005 02:49 PM

Did you ever think that if it's hard to get the green egg to appear, then maybe that means it's not one of the 4 eggs you must get?

rare&swop 2nd October 2005 04:06 PM

WHOA!green egg?i tought you were supposed to get the cyan egg.

Kratos_Aurion 2nd October 2005 07:27 PM

You know...I have an uncle who works for Microsoft. His wife, my aunt, previously worked for Nintendo on a Donkey Kong help line. Both are coming out to visit in late October. Do you think I should ask them about Stop N Swop?

Fenikku 2nd October 2005 08:30 PM

Heck YES!! Finally, someone on the inside!

Ferminus 3rd October 2005 08:36 PM

mmmmhhhh..... i don't think it would help but... u don't lose anything triying ;)

pd: umm... can someone tell me where i can find a object mod, or if i need to use gameshark or something??

please, i'm not good searching for those things...

repobanjo 3rd October 2005 09:21 PM

Please ask them. They might not know since Rare wasn't working for Microsoft when Stop 'N' Swop was being thought of. Also, your aunt only worked a help line. It's worth a try though.

hatrickpatrick 4th October 2005 03:05 PM

Quote:

umm... can someone tell me where i can find a object mod, or if i need to use gameshark or something??
Which object do you want the object mod for? I'll find it for you. If you can hack, what you have to do is find the image mod for said object, and look at the byte which is 2 16-bit digits behind it. (in other words, find the image mod, and look 4 bytes behind it. The object mod is 2 bytes, same as image mod.

Jish 4th October 2005 11:02 PM

I just had a thought. It's grasping at straws, sure, but what SnS theories aren't?

You know how you finish the game with 2 Jiggies left if you fill in the honeycomb puzzle? Well, I thought maybe if you didn't collect 2 specific Jiggies, and then got the key/eggs, something could happen.

The first one to come to mind (which is actually what inspired this theory) is the one inside the Lockup in TTC. When you get it, Grunty says something along the lines of "That golden treasure was meant for me, now harder still the game will be!" Harder, as in it prevents you from getting the secrets? It seems a bit out-of-place to me that they would include that dialogue on such a seemingly random Jiggy. I can understand the Lockup yelling at you for taking it, but why Grunty?

Now I'm trying to figure out what the second Jiggy you avoid is. I'm thinking either the one that Napper guards (since Grunty says something after getting that one too), or less likely, the one under Tumbler. (both are in MMM, if you are unfamiliar with names)

If anyone thinks this theory is worth checking out, I'm going to play through the whole game without collecting the Lockup and Napper Jiggies, and then possibly collect some or all of the secret items. It's a rom, so I can delete the save file if something comes up. Or I can just save state before putting in the codes.

Andre 4th October 2005 11:22 PM

Intresting theory, but it's probably happened to somebody by accident. Not really going to be that easy.

dmoss 5th October 2005 01:22 AM

Really, Andre? You don't think it could work? I think it sounds like an awesome idea! Why else would Grunty say something about special Jiggies, anyway? I mean, the said Jiggies are found in the second level, and she had a lot of time to say something about finding a Jiggy before this, right? Perhaps you're on to something, Jish! Good luck with it! Perhaps before starting, we could list some possible Jiggies that are logical to possibly skip over.

#1: TTC - Treasure Chest (Lock-up)

I'm kind of at a loss, here...can anyone else think of some Jiggies we could skip over? Wait...the more I think of this, the harder I'm finding it will be. It never hurts to theorize, though, Jish! Way to go!

In other news, any luck with the Croctus stuff? Just wondering...

Andre 5th October 2005 01:52 AM

It's not that I don't think it would work, I just think that it would have been accidently triggered by now if that was it.

Kratos_Aurion 5th October 2005 02:20 AM

Waaaaiiiit a minute...aren't there three levels that Grunty talks in? I believe that it's TTC (stated already), MMM (several times, like when the church door closes before you get there, not including the ones mentioned), and RBB (when you go into the water). There are a total of 4 eggs on all the levels, and I assume we're still sticking to the 4 eggs theory?
Probably irrelevant. Just a thought that I would probably explode about if I didn't say something.

GameandWatch33 5th October 2005 02:29 AM

*Sigh* I finally got time to fully explore the theory I was working on, but to no avail. I got the Ice Key, than the 4 eggs in order. Finally I did some major exploring, both in-game and in-code. I recon that this is a dead theory.

Now, my thoughts on the new theory. It is probable, considering that she speaks in that fashion inthe level that arguably has the most to do with SnS. But on the other side of it, why would rare make things messier than they already were with SnS, and involve more elements?

Feel free to disagree with my logic and reasoning. This is just my view on the subject.

samf 5th October 2005 04:12 AM

Hey guys, this is my first post, but i've been reading EVERYTHING and am completley obsessed with Banjo Kazooie games and SNS. So I'm NO noob at this.

Now gameandwatch says the 4 egg theory is dead, which might have been one of rares attempts to point us in the wrong direction. But I have a theory that I don't believe I've seen. What if say, there were small clues in each level pointing to the answer of sns, maybe even including the intro. They could be clues that when put together (kind of like putting together jigsaw pieces ;). ) would give us another clue that would tell us the final answer...which could end in BK or in BT...parts of SNS could have been secretly put in BT I don't know i'm not saying it was. But i'm gonna go searching through all the levels now to find some clues..

dmoss 5th October 2005 05:05 AM

Hmm...what exactly are you looking for? Anything specific? Sounds logical...as logical as everything else we've been attempting lately! Good luck, and welcome, samf!

hatrickpatrick 5th October 2005 12:25 PM

Samf's theory is certainly a good way of finding more clues...
I remain convinced that only 4 eggs must be collected, and something will happoen if they're done in the right order. Rare like to point us in the wrong direction, but the board seems to likely to be true, for this reason:
When we first saw the board, everyoine said "ah, they're just messing with us." But what if they actually put in a real clue - in full knowledge that no one would take it seriously? It seems all too likely of rare to put in 2 fake eggs to confuse us, and then to mock us about it later...

Another good idea might be to compile some sort of list, of every clue, likely or otherwise, rareware have given us on SnS. It's possible that some of them were overlooked...

hatrickpatrick 5th October 2005 12:30 PM

HEre's an example. I just found this in rare's scribes, from "March 11, 2005":

Quote:

Originally Posted by the guy who sent it in
Also, can you believe (and I'm serious; I don't think these people were joking), that some people actually decided to go look for BK3 in Grabbed by the Ghoulies, due to Mr. Mayles' crack about it? I mean, Stop N Swop was fun to look for, but really - can't we all move on?

And the response:

Quote:

"No, I didn't expect anyone to look for BK3 in Ghoulies, but then again I didn't expect the ashes of the ashes of the ashes that was once Stop n' Swap to keep being raked over. The guys at the Rare Witch Project have come pretty close to solving that, but of course we're not going to reveal the whole truth to them as it would spoil their fun. They'll need all their hacking prowess if we ever release BK3 as not only will it connect to the first two games, but WOPPA from War Games and the NASA mainframe. Maybe even Captain Skyhawk 2.
While I really dont take the BK3 thing seriously, this now makes 3 times rareware have said we're getting close to solving SnS... maybe they're telling the truth?

Gaming Master2k 5th October 2005 01:12 PM

It also said ashes of the ashes of the ashes that was once Stop n' Swap which to me says it's gone while there may still be something small (and I mean very small) left in BK.

GameandWatch33 5th October 2005 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samf
Hey guys, this is my first post, but i've been reading EVERYTHING and am completley obsessed with Banjo Kazooie games and SNS. So I'm NO noob at this.

Now gameandwatch says the 4 egg theory is dead, which might have been one of rares attempts to point us in the wrong direction. But I have a theory that I don't believe I've seen. What if say, there were small clues in each level pointing to the answer of sns, maybe even including the intro. They could be clues that when put together (kind of like putting together jigsaw pieces ;). ) would give us another clue that would tell us the final answer...which could end in BK or in BT...parts of SNS could have been secretly put in BT I don't know i'm not saying it was. But i'm gonna go searching through all the levels now to find some clues..

Now, I didn't say the 4 eggs theory is dead. In fact, I believe that it is one of the best leads that we have.

By the way, Welcome to forums.

As for what hatrick said, I am completely with you. I don't like what rare is doing though, they seem like they are helping us with this. Then they seem like they are dodging the issue.

For example, here is a scribe letter:

Quote:

3) Everyone knows you guys just dropped the whole Stop N Swap thing (unless you guys are deciding to start it again). But will we ever see anything new from SNS again?
And here was the answer:

Quote:

3) Rare does not comment on rumours or speculation.
The answer is irrelvent, and far from the answer of the question. SnS a rumor? Rumors are fake, while SnS is very real.

Rocketlex 5th October 2005 05:41 PM

That particular Scribes answer was a joke. The person writing the letter asked that the question not be answered in a comical or sarcastic way, so he was given a bland, form response. (Those who read Gamespot's Rumor Control will know that this is what most companies say when they don't want to comment on or reveal something).

In fact, at the end of answer, readers were asked to "ask for the sarcastic version" next time. Still sounds like a glimmer of hope to me.

samf 5th October 2005 07:43 PM

I believe that maybe rare is saying we're narrowing all the theories down and getting close to the correct one, rather than we're actually getting the final answer.
But what makes the solving SNS the hardest is the fact that the answers to our theories could be in any of rares games. Though I have a feeling we will finally solve this Puzzle soon. but HOW soon?