The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

mikesgm6 5th October 2005 07:19 PM

I belive sns will be found someday

Ferminus 5th October 2005 08:05 PM

i'm sure about it, ut can pass years, but i'm completely sure that some day rare is going to reveal all this mistery around SnS

Rocketlex 5th October 2005 09:25 PM

While I would like to find whatever remnants of SnS are in BK, I'm mindful (in fact, pretty sure) that what we find is going to be underwhelming. Chances are whatever it is is fairly small, and is intended to unlock something in BT.

It's possible that, in finding Bottles' Revenge, we've already solved half the mystery. What we find in BK could simply be the thing which was going to activate Bottles' Revenge.

Zy0n7 5th October 2005 09:27 PM

Or maybe it's just a simple "put in bt" message or a "now you can use devil bottles (or wathever)" but anyway, it has to be there.

out of topic, regarding to your signature Ferminus, I can't add you to my msn list since your msn adress is not public

dmoss 5th October 2005 10:37 PM

Hmmm...here's another thought. What if we try playing the game straight through, however, while playing, we collect the eggs we believe are needed...in order. Even the Ice Key. Maybe we should only get them as the levels unlock...I dunno. Just another SnS "thought nugget"! ;)

Rocketlex 5th October 2005 11:41 PM

Ooh ooh! New idea just hit me.

I believe you can only enter a certain amount of SnS codes in a row without leaving the sandcastle before Grunty erases your game. How many is this? Is it four or maybe five? Perhaps the codes must be entered in a row. (sorry if this is an old theory)

Zy0n7 5th October 2005 11:47 PM

I really never understood that "erases your game " thing.
Does this really happen? It was so much time ago I can't remember perfectly, but I'd swear I put all 6 sns codes in a row, I'm pretty sure of that.
The only thing I do remember about "erase your game" was bottles either in bk or bt when you speaked to him again and again and again, but obviously he never did .

GameandWatch33 6th October 2005 01:46 AM

I have not actually had it erase my game. Well, let me rephrase that, I have never had it erase my game permanetly. I have had it do many other weird things though.

1. Erase my game, only to turn it off than back on in a few hours for it to be there.

2. It has subtracted jiggies a few times.

3. The thing that most often happens to me, is that I begin to forget moves. That is the weirdest one.

Ferminus 6th October 2005 01:48 AM

it was in BK but obiusly your game weren't erased, and i'm sure that my game wasn't erased when i put the SnS codes.

Quote:

out of topic, regarding to your signature Ferminus, I can't add you to my msn list since your msn adress is not public
send me a PM and then i give it

Yuoko 6th October 2005 02:49 AM

I beleive Grunty only erases your game if you use three of the progression cheats, like the Note Door cheats...

dmoss 6th October 2005 03:58 AM

Hmm...I don't recall this happening, but I think this is right. She definitely says something to you about it. If we weren't originally supposed to know these codes, why do you think they put in dialogue like this? Maybe we've been wrong about not using the codes the whole time! What if we're totally on the wrong track, looking for the eggs without the Sandcastle Codes?! Uggh! I hope I'm wrong...I'm almost sure that I am. Perhaps everything is okay, but I think we're making some awesome headway. I think we're in the right mindset, to continue looking for new, interesting things, and keep our morale up! Way to go everyone! It's things like this that keep us going! Great work!

Rocketlex 6th October 2005 05:37 AM

The dialouge indicates that they obviously knew the codes would be found at some point. This, however, does not mean that they lead to SnS. Rare in general seems to have been very hacker-conscious in constructing these games, and so it makes sense that they might stick little messages in there which could only be found such methods.

Zy0n7 6th October 2005 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferminus
send me a PM and then i give it

Sorry to post that out of topic, but hence pm is not working there isn't another place to post it.

To make my post less spamish I'll say that that grunty's dialogue is just there for fun of the cretors I assume.
The thing I really don't know is why are the cheats there. They can't be for testing and debuggin since they are way too long and tedious to type. And I think neither they are to be found, since they are kinda stupid (except for the sns ones) Raise pipe leading to clancker's cavern??? wtf? Opening note door X? And also even more useless ones: opening treasure trove cove???? you are already supossed to be there to type that...
I even dare to say they are not even good enough bonuses to be given let's say in bt to go back at bk and have fun since you are more or less supossed to have completed bk before playing bt..

Edit:

or maybe...with those codes you could get all sns stuff (6, 4 eggs, wathever you want) without having to collect a single jiggy/note after being able to enter treasure trove cove. It really doesn't sound stupid, hey maybe it has something to do, if not why put such a load of cheat with only 7 useful?

Rocketlex 6th October 2005 04:28 PM

It's possible then, that the codes weren't originally entered in the sandcastle, but were rather typed in order to get through the beta quickly. Once the testing was over, they added a feature which allowed players to enter these same debug codes in the sandcastle.

I'm 90% sure that the codes are debug, even for the SnS items.

hatrickpatrick 6th October 2005 05:45 PM

Grunty ONLY erases your game when you use one 3 of the "new" codes which arent related to the eggs and key. By new, I mean the ones ICe and Sub found in the same area of memory, IE: level unlocks, note doors, remove grilles, etc

Rocketlex 6th October 2005 06:24 PM

Hmmm, well THAT is interesting. The eggs and key codes seem to be in a seperate category from the others. Okay, two possibilities:

1.) The codes are that way because this is how we're supposed to get the eggs and key (unlikely).

2.) We were supposed to find the eggs and key this way so as to whet out appetites, but the actual activator of what SnS does is seperate and not activated by sandcastle (more likely)

Not that this hasn't been said a million times before; I'm just keeping this stuff in mind.

Kratos_Aurion 6th October 2005 07:38 PM

On the topic of Grunty erasing your game, is it possible to be unable to enter codes for whatever reason? I went back to enter the yellow egg code yesterday (have all of them except that, didn't enter the code before due to lack of interest), and when I went to enter Cheat, nothing happened. No Moo sound, nothing. When I finished, nothing happened. No egg. Maybe I did something right? Oh, and I never erased my SNS file, because it didn't let me. Possibly related? I doubt it, but still.
Edit: Hmmm...weird. Now the Moo sound happens, but the cheat doesn't work...

repobanjo 10th October 2005 01:04 AM

I thought of something! (finally) For the order of the eggs, maybe you start with the Red egg first?

Let's say you're a newbie to B-K.
While your in Rusty Bucket Bay (May God help you if you are there for the propeller Jiggy *shudders*), you get the Red egg somehow, and go to the navigation room. You see the map of TTC and think, "Why don't I go there? When you go there you see that Sharkfood Island is raised, and get the Pink egg. Something happens, and you continue your quest for SNS.

It's all them based, the level that you go to gives hints on the next egg you get. Now we just have to find out if this works if you get the Red Egg using sandcastle codes. If you can, my theory is this.

1. Get the Red Egg (don't know if you can use GS or sandcastle codes, maybe you have to find the legit way.)
2. Go to the navigation room
3. Look at the map (maybe you don't have to, but maybe the ship will move if you do! who knows?
4. Go to TTC and get the Pink Egg with the hopefully opened Sharkfood Island (If not open, maybe open it with the sandcastle or GS.)
5. See if anything happens.

This is my theory, try it please. I already have 4 of the Eggs, and the Ice Key. Don't worry, nothing happened to the cart since I got the supposed requirments. Just to tell you, I got them in this order. Pink, Blue, Ice Key, Green, Red. The Ice Key might have messed up the order, or I got the Red Egg after the Pink one.

Rocketlex 10th October 2005 02:01 AM

Now THIS is an interesting theory. If one egg triggers your ability to find the next, than it's possible that everyone's been screwing up the order. We may need to try entering the code for and collecting each egg indivdually (that is, without collecting anything else) and going around to see if anything's been triggered. It will take a while, but it could well lead to something.

hatrickpatrick 10th October 2005 09:27 AM

Quote:

2.) We were supposed to find the eggs and key this way so as to whet out appetites, but the actual activator of what SnS does is seperate and not activated by sandcastle (more likely)
I'm almost certain that this is the case, and that we will, eventually, find an "activator" for the true method of getting the items. Again, this has been said millions of times before, but I still think it's the most likely solution.

NinBan 10th October 2005 01:48 PM

I'm agree with repobanjo and I found a way to continue.

Quote:

1. Get the Red Egg (don't know if you can use GS or sandcastle codes, maybe you have to find the legit way.)
2. Go to the navigation room
3. Look at the map (maybe you don't have to, but maybe the ship will move if you do! who knows?
4. Go to TTC and get the Pink Egg with the hopefully opened Sharkfood Island (If not open, maybe open it with the sandcastle or GS.)
5. See if anything happens.
6.The way to climb for the Pink Egg looks like the way to climb in CCW, so I think we would go to CCW and get the Yellow Egg(I'm not sure if it's the yellow one) in Nabnut's house.
7.See if anything happens.

repobanjo 10th October 2005 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinBan

6.The way to climb for the Pink Egg looks like the way to climb in CCW, so I think we would go to CCW and get the Yellow Egg(I'm not sure if it's the yellow one) in Nabnut's house.
7.See if anything happens.

I thought of another path!

8. There is a door that is closed in CCL that leads to Nabnuts house. Maybe it's supposed to lead to Gobis Valley door.

At Gobis Valley, maybe something happens, like the Ice Key door breaks open upon collecting the Blue Egg. Also, blue can represent cold, and Freezeezy Peak is cold. And the Ice Key is in FP!

So Ninban and my order is Red, Pink, Yellow, Blue, Ice Key.

See if anything happens when you collect the Blue Egg or Ice Key. If nothing happens, there are multiple possibilities.

1.You're using a GS or sandcastle, and we need the legit ways before we can even try this.

2.This dosen't work.

3. You didn't look at the RBB map of TTC (you never know, it could be the missing link).

I already accidentaly collected the Green Egg, and I don't have a GS, so it's to late for me to try this. Can someone with GS try this? This teory seems like a preety good one to try out.

I thank Ninban for helping me think further on this theory, and whoever will try this out because they are gonna try it out.

Ciao

NinBan 10th October 2005 02:28 PM

I have an idea to continue:

9.After getting the blue egg and the ice key, to get the ice key, we have to break the ice, and for an egg(I think it's the green but I'm not sure) in MMM, we have to break a barrel.

repobanjo 10th October 2005 03:44 PM

NinBan,I think thats going too far. Unless the board was lying in GBTG, we are supposed to collect 4 eggs, get the Ice key, then go to the secret level.

If the board was lying, that is a good idea. The Egg thats in the cellar is Cyan, not Green. If you get all six eggs after all, then the last one is oviously the Green one. Its the only egg remaining, and the Cyan and Green Eggs aare in the same level. So the Reapobanjo/NinBan theory goes like this.

1. Get the Red Egg first.
2. Look at the TTC map in RBB (maybe)
3. Get the Pink Egg
4. Get the Yellow Egg
5.Get the Blue Egg
6. Get the Ice Key
7. Check to see if anything happened.
If step 7 failed,
8. Get the Cyan Egg
9. Get the Green Egg
If this fails, we might need the legit ways to get the eggs befor we can do this.

Hope this works. Thanks NinBan for the idea on the Yellow and Cyan Eggs.

Ciao.

NinBan 10th October 2005 08:11 PM

I want to do it, but I don't know the code to erase the Stop'n'swop so I can do the theory. Please, tell me the code.

repobanjo 10th October 2005 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick
w00tness! My AR arrived today. I've just collected the key (without getting or opening anything else, and the IDs are as follows:
(PAL)
81283220 0200 = open ice key chamber
81283220 0204 = open chamber and have key

So all we need to do now is revert back to that every time we get the combination wrong.
Now, about which 4 eggs we need to get: I did a few tests, by selecting random eggs and entering their sandcastle codes. I think we might be able to judge whether we've got it right by the key on the SnS screen: when I entered the codes for the desert + sharkfood eggs, the key stayed the same, but when I opened the cellar, it slowed down, a lot. I reckon if it keeps spinning at normal speed, we've got it right. If that's correct, we have to get the pink and blue eggs. I wonder which others we also need to get? I'll do some more tests tomorrow...

To NinBan. This is the code. If you have GS, you can use it. I have no clue what they are talking about, the only part is that you type this in whenever you get the wrong com. This might be wrong, since this is PAL. You might be NTSC.

Just typt the first one, I think.

NinBan 11th October 2005 09:30 PM

I found the code in the first page, I have the PAL version of the ROM and I can just do our theory friday afternoon(Hour of the East) because I can't play on the weak when I have school.

Ferminus 11th October 2005 11:23 PM

well, i was playing today banjo, still searching clues or something that could lead us to
sns, and i was activating the bottlesbonus cheats when i noticed that the places that the pictures show meanwhile you are doing the puzzle are this:

1-banjo's house
2-the iglu in FP
3-captain's cabin at RRB
4-nabnut's house in CCW
5-blackeye's room in MMM
6-zubas's hive in CCW

well, this is a bit odd, because, well, you don't think that is a little strange that just the places where SnS eggs that we don't know their existence without GS or the sand castle codes, including the blackeye's room, are included? and remember that banjo only talks with the 2 first eggs that you catch, maybe this are some clues of which eggs we must collect, and wath to do next, in blackeye's room and zubas's hive.

wath do you think?

PD: sorry if my ortografy is bad i do the best i can T_T

Rocketlex 11th October 2005 11:35 PM

If you unlock the yellow egg but don't collect it, will it show up on puzzle 4?

Klungo 12th October 2005 12:20 AM

It happened to me with the red egg so I guess so.

Kratos_Aurion 12th October 2005 01:45 AM

I haven't gotten the yellow egg yet, so I wouldn't mind testing it, if you don't mind waiting until late tomorrow.

GameandWatch33 12th October 2005 01:49 AM

Great, I would love to see how this turns out.

I am ready to get back to doing SnS testing again. I finally have time again. When Hatrick and GM2K are ready to get back to work, I will be here ready.

Good luck Kratos.

dmoss 12th October 2005 02:42 AM

Ladies and Gentlemen: I believe what we have here is a monster of an idea! There is utterly nothing "special" about the Captain's Cabin, except for the fact that a SnS egg shows up there. I think this is a very important discovery! However, my concern piques when we find the Zubba Hive as the final puzzle...what kind of connection does it have? Weird how the eggs show up in the pics, too...Good luck, everyone! I hope Hatrick and GM2K return soon, as well, Gameandwatch33; I hope they return soon as well...

samf 12th October 2005 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmoss
Ladies and Gentlemen: I believe what we have here is a monster of an idea! There is utterly nothing "special" about the Captain's Cabin, except for the fact that a SnS egg shows up there. I think this is a very important discovery! However, my concern piques when we find the Zubba Hive as the final puzzle...what kind of connection does it have? Weird how the eggs show up in the pics, too...Good luck, everyone! I hope Hatrick and GM2K return soon, as well, Gameandwatch33; I hope they return soon as well...

well don't the pics have the eggs in them too because it's live footage of the rooms?

Or do you mean Once you've made them appear in the room, even if collected, will show up in the bonus games!

Rocketlex 12th October 2005 03:24 AM

Yeah, it's live in the room. I was really just curious, not thinking it was a clue to SnS or anything.

Gaming Master2k 12th October 2005 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmoss
I hope Hatrick and GM2K return soon,

Where have I been? Did I enjoy the trip?

I have 3 months break starting in 4 and 1/2 weeks. Until then it's all exam revision, after that I have time. Also, it feels wierd people considering me when it comes to GS hacking and SnS theories and things like that. Good (;)) but wierd.

GameandWatch33 12th October 2005 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaming Master2k
I have 3 months break starting in 4 and 1/2 weeks. Until then it's all exam revision, after that I have time. Also, it feels wierd people considering me when it comes to GS hacking and SnS theories and things like that. Good (;)) but wierd.

I think that can be accredited to me. After all, you did help me with those codes. And, while I can do my fair share, you are more familiar with GS than I am.

Kratos_Aurion 14th October 2005 02:28 AM

Sorry for the delay. As it turns out, the egg does not show up on the table on the Bottles game.

Gaming Master2k 14th October 2005 08:00 AM

I decided to have a look at the SnS address and try values. I don't know whether this will help anyone EVER but it's here in case we need something.

81283400 XXXX --- Note same address as before so nothing new

0000 - Nothing
0001 - Nothing
0002 - Nothing
0003 - Nothing
0004 - Have Ice Key
0008 - Have Cyan Egg
0010 - Have Pink Egg
0020 - Have Blue Egg
0040 - Have Green Egg
0080 - Have Red Egg
0100 - Have Yellow Egg
0200 - Opens Ice Key 'Door'
0400 - Opens 1881 Wine Barrel
0800 - Raises Sharkfood Island
1000 - Opens Gobi's Valley Door
2000 - Places Green Egg on Loggo
4000 - Places Red Egg on Captain's bed
8000 - Places Yellow Egg on Nabnut's table

To get different combinations just add them together.

Example #1: Have Pink Egg (with Sharkfood Island still lowered) and Ice Door Open. Put in 0010 + 0200 = 0210

Example #2: Have Pink Egg with Sharkfood Island raised. Put in 0010 + 0800 = 0810

Obviously the common FFFF Opens them all makes you have them all and adds the 0003 (- Nothing) to them.

Don't know if this was already known or, like I said, if it's even going to be useful but there it is anyway.

From the way this is set out I think the only way order can actually matter is if it's placed in another address. As you can see on this address it doesn't matter whether you have Ice Key and Pink Egg (with areas open) because no matter how many different arrangements (Pink Egg + Ice Key or Ice Key + Pink egg) you still end up with 0A18

Rocketlex 14th October 2005 06:15 PM

But wait wait WAIT. Notice the order in which the numbers go. The first egg you collect is the cyan egg, and the first egg you unlock in the main game is the cyan egg (open the barrel). Moreover, the first three eggs are the only ones with special areas (the cyan egg counts here, because of how the barrel works) while the last three eggs just appear.

This means that, if any of the eggs are superfluous, they're likely the ones without special areas, and probably the red and yellow ones (since they come last).