The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Upsilon 18th March 2006 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theguyoverthere
It's like Ng... something with an N

Nuganip. I can't make any sense of that one.

Banjoman 18th March 2006 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skill_sphere
Don't worry about the stonies there not going to lead us anywhere, why arn't the hackers tring to get the silo's and RSA to work isn't that what we should be doing?

I agree. Except if we had some good hackers we'd be making good progress.

s.w.a.t 18th March 2006 05:19 PM

Anyone who is a hacker please post, so we know who you are.

Icy Guy 18th March 2006 09:01 PM

Quote:

However i'm pretty sure Nintendo own the rights to Bk and Banjo tooie so i don't think microsoft will be alowed to use the games.

Rare/Microsoft owns the rights to Banjo.

swopandstop 18th March 2006 09:30 PM

Can somebody help me? I know you guys know this.

The code to get rid of the ice key/eggs in BK

Skill 18th March 2006 10:01 PM

GM2K posted this a while ago it should be of some use to you Swopandstop
81283400 XXXX --- Note same address as before so nothing new

0000 - Nothing
0001 - Nothing
0002 - Nothing
0003 - Nothing
0004 - Have Ice Key
0008 - Have Cyan Egg
0010 - Have Pink Egg
0020 - Have Blue Egg
0040 - Have Green Egg
0080 - Have Red Egg
0100 - Have Yellow Egg
0200 - Opens Ice Key 'Door'
0400 - Opens 1881 Wine Barrel
0800 - Raises Sharkfood Island
1000 - Opens Gobi's Valley Door
2000 - Places Green Egg on Loggo
4000 - Places Red Egg on Captain's bed
8000 - Places Yellow Egg on Nabnut's table

To get different combinations just add them together.

Example #1: Have Pink Egg (with Sharkfood Island still lowered) and Ice Door Open. Put in 0010 + 0200 = 0210

Example #2: Have Pink Egg with Sharkfood Island raised. Put in 0010 + 0800 = 0810

Obviously the common FFFF Opens them all makes you have them all and adds the 0003 (- Nothing) to them.

Yes icy guy i know i have been corrected before, i knew they owned the rights to banjo but i got confused about the games that were released for nintendo, but know i see it works much the same as conker's bad fur day being remade, in saying that though i don't think they will re-release the BK and BT.

swopandstop 19th March 2006 12:03 AM

So that just clears them off my file right? It wont delete my saves?

I just want to have them all gone, type in the codes again and get them through my next playthrough. :p

Ice Lightning 19th March 2006 12:30 AM

It just deletes the eggs. It doesn't delete the file.

T.H.A. 19th March 2006 06:06 PM

My friend Micheal is a good hacker I'll ask him tonight and tell you tomorrow if he will do it.

Theguyoverthere 19th March 2006 07:44 PM

I heard that you can get the ice key without gameshark or by typing in sandlecastle codes. It has something to do with beak bombing into the entrance of Wozza's cave without hitting the sides and that it will move the sheet of ice blocking the key a bit backward. Do this over and over until the ice is completely gone.
Anyone ever heard of this?

Ice Lightning 19th March 2006 07:56 PM

I heard it years ago, it won't work...at all.

Rocketlex 19th March 2006 09:31 PM

It's interesting that there are several codes which give you "nothing." It makes me think...if you use the eggs/key, they would probably be taken from your inventory, and so there would need to be a section of code which empties your SnS screen for that purpose. I don't know if this is related to THOSE "nothings" but it's just a thought.

Theguyoverthere 19th March 2006 09:43 PM

By NOTHING does that mean it erases all of ur SnS items?
What's really weird is that there are exactly FOUR "Nothings", just the amount of eggs people think we need.

Yuoko 19th March 2006 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Lightning
I heard it years ago, it won't work...at all.

All it does is push the Ice "Back", if you're lucky.
Quote:

What's really weird is that there are exactly FOUR "Nothings", just the amount of eggs people think we need.
It's possible, but unlikely...
Perhaps there are four instances where the game needs you to have 'nothing'?

Theguyoverthere 19th March 2006 10:26 PM

But does doing the beak bomb really work? And if you get the ice key that way will something happen?
Go here for more crack-pot theories:
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare.../contest3.html

Yuoko 19th March 2006 10:29 PM

Yes, it works, but it won't allow you to get the Ice Key.
The wall forms a 'circle' around the Key once it's reached as far as it will go.
~~
I've heard enough theroies about Banjo in my lifetime...
Anyone go to Nsider 1999-1998?

Theguyoverthere 19th March 2006 10:30 PM

Weird.... WHy would rareware program it that way?

Yuoko 19th March 2006 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theguyoverthere
Weird.... WHy would rareware program it that way?

Because they're Rare.
You don't question Rare's strange-ness. You just nod, and curse. Then, you curse more.

Theguyoverthere 19th March 2006 10:49 PM

Funny, it didn't wokr for me though. i have version 1.0 i think and the american version. DO I have to beak bomb like 10 or 20 times?

Yuoko 19th March 2006 10:58 PM

You have to hit it squarely.
It takes practice to get IN the cave, let alone hit the wall.

Theguyoverthere 19th March 2006 11:01 PM

what do u mean hit the wall? I'm confused. Once you do a beak bomb into the entrance of the cave, banjo returns to his feet inside the cave.

s.w.a.t 19th March 2006 11:19 PM

Has anyone tried Beak Bombing the actual wall with the Fly Anywhere code?

Theguyoverthere 19th March 2006 11:22 PM

Why? If you're gonna use a game shark, just use the moon jump cheat

s.w.a.t 19th March 2006 11:51 PM

To see if it does anything, duh.

Skill 20th March 2006 02:25 AM

You could do that as much as you like but i really don't think it will change the address in the memory so it won't matter and more importantly the 100% ending which show banjo collecting the iteam's "officaily" shows him running in to the ice key chamber not bombing the front of it

Theguyoverthere 20th March 2006 02:27 AM

Anyway,
Does anyone think that there is another way to get the door in GV to open and Sharkfood Island to raise and to get the ice key and open the unbreakable X barrel besides the codes? Cause I heard that the sandcastle codes were just debug codes incase the whole SnS thing had bugs or something like that...

Skill 20th March 2006 02:32 AM

^ That is a theory and it may be correct that is why Hackers use the code list i posted before as that is the way only other way of collecting the iteams that game may see the difference in

ultramegadude 20th March 2006 04:37 AM

speaking of the sandcastle codes and stuff, my project 64 wont even let me enter the word cheat (theres no moo) let alone the codes. any ideas to why this is?

Theguyoverthere 20th March 2006 04:40 AM

i've heard somewhere that if you use certain cheats or hack it won't let you do that. I think it's a common bug. Ask a good hacker, as I'm just remembering I read it somewhere over the rainbow...

ultramegadude 20th March 2006 04:45 AM

lol over the rainbow huh, alrighty then ill find some info on it

Theguyoverthere 20th March 2006 02:55 PM

I still don't get what people mean the by the color of the letters in the totals screen. They're always blue when ur not in them, and pink when u are, aren't they? Or the firsat time you enter a level, does it say that levels name in blue or yellow on the screen?

Banjoman 20th March 2006 08:12 PM

I'm giving up on SNS guys. It's become to much work for me.

ultramegadude 20th March 2006 09:06 PM

I personally think that ill just wait til the release of banjo-threeie to see if it will shed some light on stop n swop. if not then well... its back to the drawing board

Skill 21st March 2006 06:04 AM

^ That day might not come, and if it does it won't be anytime soon.

Theguyoverthere 21st March 2006 10:34 PM

Everyone pretty much knows deep down that SnS is gone. If rareware put it in there and someone found it and it was by hot-swapping, rareware would get sued. They wouldn't implement an idea that could get them sued. But we should DEFINITLY keep searching for more mysteries as there must be tons other out there we haven't discovered.

s.w.a.t 21st March 2006 11:11 PM

I think we should let this topic die, keep up a fairly low search for stop n swop, and post discoveries like how before this topic. If another SNS topic arises, good for ir. For now, we've bled it dry.

The Jinjo Jinjo 22nd March 2006 01:23 AM

The search isnt for S'n'S, its for half of it. The part left in BK before Rambus made N64's with less onboard RAM.

s.w.a.t 22nd March 2006 01:26 AM

I know that. But this topic is, well, I think it is past it date of death, if you know what I mean. It had a good run, and we should not try to keep it alive.

Skill 22nd March 2006 09:01 AM

Wow you guys can give up if you like no one stoping you, the thing is though don't try and let this topic die it one day but right know there are still some things left to look into for example the silos, RSA, and ofcause the trigger to start/continue/end the SNS process i wont give up untill those things have been investigated and looked into fully when they have than SNS will be forever done for me.

Yuoko 22nd March 2006 11:50 AM

Quote:

Wow you guys can give up if you like no one stoping you, the thing is though don't try and let this topic die it one day but right know there are still some things left to look into for example the silos, RSA, and ofcause the trigger to start/continue/end the SNS process i wont give up untill those things have been investigated and looked into fully when they have than SNS will be forever done for me.

A halfway decent Cutscene Modifier...