The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

in_christ 22nd March 2006 02:31 PM

I don't think this topic is dieing just noobs trying to kill it, why? they can't be
dedicated or really don't care about sns. Just because you want to quit and give up,
don't try to get everyone else to quit. It wont work anyway. Like skill sphere said
is his post above ,there is alot more things to check and until we have exhausted
all avenues of research we will not stop. So if you guys want to quit , then quit.
But don't start this whinny crap again , We don't need it or want it.

JaredDSMan 22nd March 2006 02:39 PM

Exactly. Please inform me why pepole who do not want to talk about or work on SNS anymore "post" in this thread? Let alone in these forums? :rolleyes:

ChrisPBacon 22nd March 2006 03:10 PM

While fooling around in BK, I found something strange. If you keep circling around the old church in MMM, you will see a lot of stain glass windows. On one of the larger walls, there are 3 tall and narrow stain glass windows. One has a backwards S, the center one has a treble cleff sign, and the right one has a normal s on it. Why would they bother putting a treble cleff sign on it?

in_christ 22nd March 2006 03:34 PM

thats an interresting find ,i never noticed that before . It must have some hidden meaning.

ChrisPBacon 22nd March 2006 06:08 PM

I am going to speculate, what if you rotate the treble cleff diagonally? It looks like it might become an and sign. I'll try to get a screen shot of it.

in_christ 22nd March 2006 06:34 PM

I just went and looked at the three windows and it looks like it may be a
hint about stop n swop. Backwards s, then what looks like a & sign, then a
regular S. very suspect to me, what do you think.

Banjoman 22nd March 2006 06:51 PM

I'm back. Sorry I just can't leave SNS. ;___;

digidestind 22nd March 2006 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in_christ
I just went and looked at the three windows and it looks like it may be a
hint about stop n swop. Backwards s, then what looks like a & sign, then a
regular S. very suspect to me, what do you think.

possibly.

s.w.a.t 22nd March 2006 08:32 PM

You know, people have been talking about possible leads for RSA and stuff, but have people actually gone and done it? This topic is very theoretical. Someone needs go go and actually look at these things. We need a good hacker.

in_christ 22nd March 2006 09:18 PM

We are looking it takes time to go through the game memory. You have to look
in different places, under many different states. We don't have a magic wand, So
you have to have patients to hack properly. We're looking for it! Are you? If not then
quit complaining. If you are looking then you would'nt have to ask this question.

s.w.a.t 22nd March 2006 09:20 PM

I'm just saying, it seems as if noone is really doing much work on it. I was looking for it, until my gameshark broke.

Skill 23rd March 2006 01:49 AM

Well MMM is the area that really has the most to do with SNS, can you get into these rooms, if not can you have a look at them with wire frame mode and see if anything in the rooms, if there is nothing in the rooms then it is a good find but proberbly won't lead us anywhere

in_christ 23rd March 2006 02:38 AM

I used the wire frame mode and it showed nothing at all, but it showed nothing
in the secret room with bk picture on the stain glass. when your out side of the
secret room or the main house wire frame mode shows just empty rooms in
every structure in the level. So when you enter a door or window it loads the new
room from some where else. It looks like you just went inside but its loaded some
were else, then when you exit the new room, it puts you back in the main level.

Theguyoverthere 23rd March 2006 03:08 AM

Yeah... OK... Let's PRETEND I didn't understand what you said...

in_christ 23rd March 2006 03:47 AM

basicaly what i said is all the buildings in mmm are empty shells, there is nothing
inside of them. when you enter a door or a window, you don't go inside the
building in mmm, the door or window warps you to a different area, so that you
think your inside of the building in mmm. that how they make the rooms so over
sized. Have'nt you noticed how some of the room you enter are way tobig for the
building. I make pc games and we do the same thing, warp the player to a different
area.

Theguyoverthere 23rd March 2006 03:50 AM

O OK, but don't they do that on ALL levels?

in_christ 23rd March 2006 03:57 AM

ya on most of them, but not on all. what i was trying to show people is that
even though you see nothing in wire frame mode, that does'nt prove that nothing
is there.

Theguyoverthere 23rd March 2006 04:04 AM

OOOOO OK, cool!

What if we tried using a gameshark pro and using the memory editor to search for text like RSA? I tried but I don't have enough patience as the gameshark keeps freezing the game or not working iwth the code generator on! And that BT code that is supposed to reduce the freezing, actually made it worse by freezing every time when you start the game. GRR!!! WHy can't it just work!!!???

Skill 23rd March 2006 05:04 AM

Ok then i now what you mean in chirst is that the same with the walkthough walls code? Would that allow a warp into the posible area. Just thinking does wire frame show up the inside of the not so secret bonus room, the one with the stain glass with BK on it that has some feathers and eggs.

in_christ 23rd March 2006 01:24 PM

the secret bk room behind the church shows an empty room in wireframe mode.
So does every room in the whole level. I still have to try the walk thru walls code
to see what happens in these area's. The doors and windows are the triggers
that load the rooms. After I check the walk thru walls code , I think the next thing
to check would be all the warp digits to see if something was missed. Seeing that
they use a load system to warp the player to these area's. Every room with a trigger
should show up in the warp digits. Well thats my plan of attack.

shanjo 23rd March 2006 01:39 PM

131 pages...whos going to read all that

Pikachu025 23rd March 2006 02:00 PM

Rather say "1953 posts", sounds even bigger.
Besides, I only have 49 pages...

Ice Lightning 23rd March 2006 05:30 PM

Yeah I have 49 pages as well but there is 40 posts on each page.
Quote:

I think the next thing to check would be all the warp digits to see if something was missed. Seeing that
they use a load system to warp the player to these area's. Every room with a trigger

Sounds like a good plan, some of those Freeze digits have to have things in them. Someone found a spiral Mountain cutscene in one ages ago so others must have something.

Why do freeze digits even exist though. Is it where some information from the game was removed?

Pikachu025 23rd March 2006 05:37 PM

Actually a so-called "Freeze digit" is just a number that was never suppsed to be used, so it has no pointer-data. Means the place where the pointer-data would be for that digit is used by nothing/something else, so it loads something as a pointer that isn't one.

Benjo Koolzooie 23rd March 2006 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theguyoverthere
But does doing the beak bomb really work? And if you get the ice key that way will something happen?
Go here for more crack-pot theories:
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare.../contest3.html

Using this as a brief reference - Has anybody else ever tried using the running shoes in Freezezy Peak (the ones used to race Boggy) and running in to Wozza's cave? I have tried it before, it does nothing. You can jump high enough whislt running to get to the ice wall, but nothing. Just thought I'd share that little tid-bit.

Also, earlier in the topic, I and someone else used the Wire frame mode on Project64 to see that the ice key wall doesn't shatter, but simply retracts in to the walls, as 2 panels in 2 directions.

Does HatrickPatrick still post here...?

in_christ 23rd March 2006 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Lightning
Why do freeze digits even exist though. Is it where some information from the game was removed?

I think some of the freeze digit are there because items were removed
from the game , But some of the freeze digit still link to some area's that
can be opened. You just have to have the right circumstance's to make the
freeze digit work. Thats my theory anyway.

hatrickpatrick 23rd March 2006 08:09 PM

Ok I'm back. Again. Sorry I've been gone for so long, but I really haven't been able to avoid it, I've been incredibly busy.

I'll re-join this thread as soon as I've actually read everything that's happened since I was last here a few weeks ago! :D

hatrickpatrick 23rd March 2006 08:17 PM

Right, well I've *sort of* grasped whats happened over the last while, I'll read it in more detail tomorrow

I need help with my next experiment though: Does anyone know the gameshark code to activate the hidden silo names in BT? PAL would be better, but I could probably work with either...

Skill 24th March 2006 05:07 AM

F**K YES hatrick is back man its good to have you back

JaredDSMan 24th March 2006 02:38 PM

Wow, that is interesting about the windows in MMM. So it shows S-amperstand-S. S&S. Haha. Well, what levels do you get the items in. The numbers would be in order 2, 5, 6, 7 and 9. That is meaning 2nd world, 5th world, etc. Now that leaves you with 1, 3, 4, and 8. One thing I noticed is that only MM and BS are worlds and the others with no SnS items are just mainly one thing. There is Clanker and the Ship. Nothing more or less. 312-111 are the whistle numbers. Should you go to world 3 then 1 and 2, back to 1 three times? LoL!

Hakey Wake 24th March 2006 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jinjo Jinjo
The search isnt for S'n'S, its for half of it. The part left in BK before Rambus made N64's with less onboard RAM.

I suppose the chances of finding a fully Rambus-ized N64 are slim now, especially finding a U.S or PAL one.

Nobody has a launch (or close to) JAP model do they?

banjo nerd 24th March 2006 06:00 PM

Quote:

the secret bk room behind the church shows an empty room in wireframe mode.
So does every room in the whole level. I still have to try the walk thru walls code
to see what happens in these area's. The doors and windows are the triggers
that load the rooms. After I check the walk thru walls code , I think the next thing
to check would be all the warp digits to see if something was missed. Seeing that

Hmm.... if I understand you correctly you're saying that you think you can walk through walls from another room and that rom will load up? Now I can belive about their being other rooms their but something what I'm gonna bring up from.... well a long time ago. When Hatpatrick used walk through walls cheat ( I think it was him) to go get the egg in the cellar in MMM. It was just black or it diden't appear so, I'm gonna try to say this all togther. I think the only way to unlock every thing is to etheir find the right entrance by doing any thing. I'll try to help once again just gotta re-download something. Now maby you might not have to find the correct entrance or something but whatever.

Also this made me had a idea since the whistle numbers are well.. numbers (duh) what if we try those numbers on a gameshark? :confused:

s.w.a.t 24th March 2006 09:53 PM

I don't think that would work, since I make RPG's on the computer, and basic side-scrollers and Zelda type games. I think the way they worked is like this.
Diagram
So I don't think walk through walls would work, since I think the window warps you to a room away from the level. The room is not inside the actual house. I relize this last bit has been said before, just resaying it to strengthen my point.

GSHackerDude 24th March 2006 11:39 PM

Cool chart. Kinda accurate too.

I think you guys are spending a bit too much time on this. But I admire your perservearance.

Hi. I'm Controversy. 24th March 2006 11:42 PM

Yeah. Seven years too much time. It's gone. Suck it up.

digidestind 24th March 2006 11:57 PM

Go away. :)

s.w.a.t 25th March 2006 12:02 AM

Even I wasn't that direct....

Theguyoverthere 25th March 2006 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi. I'm Controversy.
Yeah. Seven years too much time. It's gone. Suck it up.

You know, I'm really starting to get irritated with you.

Anyway, whoever said that RBB doesn't have an egg is wrong, as it has the ??red??? egg in the captains cabbin.

Here are the levels that DO have ANY type of secret:

Here are the levels that DON'T have any type of secret:
1,3,4,LAIR (if that counts)

Here are the levels WITH mystery eggs ONLY

Here are all the levels with the ice key: only one, #5

Level with 2 items: MMM, #7

Levels that Mumbo specifies at the end of the game:

Levels that Mumbo DOESN'T show at the end of the game:

Levels with mystery eggs that mumbo shows:

Areas in Banjo-Tooie that have the eggs and ice keys:
1 (Spiral Mountain), 2 (Jinjo Village), 1b (Waterfall cavern)

I'm just puting a bunch of numbers out on the ground and see if there's any recognizable pattern or coincidences. See any?

Skill 25th March 2006 01:38 AM

Oh please people not this **** again i'm really sick of all the people that join here and then strait away post in this topic and say " You know what SNS isn't in the game" or " SNS is over you guys are wasting time" i honestly do NOT care what you think your just really annoying and if you want to join just to say that then please don't, it just looks like your stupid and don't understand how to read proberbly as that must be the reason because people have said that SNS doesn't exsist since about post 12 of this topic so please just do yourself a favour and don't post rubbish in this topic because it will only irritate me and all the other members.

Upsilon 25th March 2006 01:02 PM

Incidentally, how many times in the history of this topic has someone posted to say that SnS is gone and everything's futile? Perhaps a form response should be created.