The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Kratos_Aurion 23rd May 2006 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChillyDark
Sorry about what I said earlier, I was just saying Here it is summarized, the entire topic..

I believe they mean something more along the lines of all of the theories that have been disproven, proven, or ignored, and all of the discoveries in here. That's more of a summary of SNS in general as opposed to this topic.

pinkbull 23rd May 2006 02:55 AM

Well not all the theories but the ones of hign interest and the mysterious false and very engaging and belivable interview that has made plenty of people sad strucken and even an authers commentary and side stories and a plot twist so amazing* it will suprise you more than the Davinci code movie which had a count of around 25 plot twists. I am the teacher! no I am the teacher! There was no teacher! All in 3 minutes.Also I'll go through and rewrite all the possible theories that have not been tried. And once its done you will notice why it took so long. And if I still managed to keep your attention I'm on page 25 and I want you to put this thread back for what it's for, SnS! not my summarization

*plot twist not determined
EDIT:I'm sorry but I miscalculated how long it will take. I might not be done until the 31st mabe before but I think you can all wait

Yaridovich 23rd May 2006 10:21 PM

Personally, I think the Cyan Egg, the Green Egg, the Red Egg, and the Yellow Egg are real, and the Pink Egg and dark blue Egg are faked.

That's my opinion.

vaticandrummer 23rd May 2006 10:22 PM

...and your evidence is? People, theories/opinions are useless without some juicy evidence.

dmoss 23rd May 2006 10:28 PM

Had you not used the word, "juicy" in that sentence, I would have taken your comment for rude...:p

-dmoss, :banjo

maypep_necro 23rd May 2006 10:33 PM

I just thinking, maybe they put the secret in a audio subliminal message? Did you ever heared Led Zepplin satanic message? It might be the same with Banjo.

I just tested Mayahem music and it don't say anything special. Wich tracks contain vocals?

ReiraCofage 23rd May 2006 10:49 PM

Rain Dance, but... Would Rare be satanic?? BK is an everyone rated game...

maypep_necro 23rd May 2006 10:57 PM

Rain dance is beta but w/e, ill try it!

maypep_necro 23rd May 2006 11:11 PM

Ill let you hear it; http://media.putfile.com/Rain-Dance---Inverted

pinkbull 24th May 2006 01:14 AM

Ee hm eh hm eh hm *slap* gasp gasp. That sounds really awsome inverted. What about Advent. I would do that but it somthing is wrong were it wont let me download it. I remember a techno song that was all sounds that there were no voices in it but when played Inverted it made voices it was really amazing advent may have it so if you could try that it might make a major lead. like a microsoft speech program. And although I have no evidence for this what if we add an extra element like cyan ice key yellow then red. There is more than it being at the beginning or end. Note: I'm on page 35 so far and I'm going to try and get the sumery done by Friday night/Saturday morning

Theguyoverthere 24th May 2006 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maypep_necro
I just tested Mayahem music and it don't say anything special.

Really? I always thought I could hear the voice saying something like "You are a ah-hole, if u ee u off yoo go which translated could mean "You are an a-hole, if you eat him, off you go." which could mean... ???? I dunno, but that's what it sounds like to me. Listen to it again, I'm pretty sure I can hear something that weird voice is saying....

Yeah, I know, I'm crazy:rolleyes:

Yaridovich 24th May 2006 01:26 AM

I thought it was 'you need to eat your mommy d'oh'

Don't ask.

pinkbull 24th May 2006 01:40 AM

I think we should try all the songs. And how do you invert the music? I still can't figure out which program. Mabe it will lead to a new puzzle to figure out SnS?

maypep_necro 24th May 2006 02:23 AM

You can use Windows recorder but i use a buyed program. Or Audiogy. And i will reverse Advent. Ill post in 5-10 mins.

maypep_necro 24th May 2006 02:36 AM

There!

http://media.putfile.com/Advent-Inverted

No sign of speechs.

Want to i upload mayahem inverted?

qwertybub3 24th May 2006 01:10 PM

And now the disproven song http://savefile.com/files.php?fid=8094258

JaredDSMan 24th May 2006 02:35 PM

Hmm. I am not sure if doing anything to the songs will make us understand SnS any clearer. :confused: The Mumbo Chant just sounds like a ritual of some sort. How about when he has the flower at the Game Over screen? There was techically no reason for Mumbo to be there. LoL!

Oh yea, I am going to look for in-game text that may match the SnS codes.

kazooieguy 24th May 2006 04:26 PM

Hey everyone Im back! so whats this about inverted music? I might be temped to agree, but not on the inverse, advent's notes, they could be broken intom syllables, for inctence

first- the- cy-an-egg-and-then-the-blue

of course Im nuts lol so what do you guys think?

qwertybub3 24th May 2006 05:49 PM

Inverted music does nothing, especialy this song.

Yaridovich 24th May 2006 07:18 PM

Inverted music sounds funny... and that's....it...really.

shadowman's right...it has nothing to do with SNS.

maypep_necro 24th May 2006 09:34 PM

Well, it's a try! Who knows?

Go_Nosis 24th May 2006 10:16 PM

Out of complete boredom, I emailed rare claiming to be a dying child in search of the answer to Stop n Swop. I also am in the process of tracking down head of Rareware, Tim Stampers, phone number and address so I can hold his children for ransom in exchange for the answer.

in case you can't tell, im jokin. but i do have several ideas, but all of them involve serious game tweaking in tooie, something i'm not very proficient at.

so heres what I'm lookin at if anyone who IS good wants to give it a shot.

ok well, rather than post a list. one at a time, here. Bottles' house during the party sequence. The warp code takes you right into the house as it normally is, so this was dropped. But i'm not done yet. during the party sequence, the value of the house could have been changed ENTIRELY (think if there are decorations and all that) so i want to see someone get through that door using whatever means necessary!

so theres your homework, everyone.

digidestind 24th May 2006 11:16 PM

Finished!

I used the moon jump, and I fell right onto the hallway in the house. Then I proceeded to enter the house. What I saw was amazing.... It was bottle's family sitting around a dinner table. On the table was a black sns egg! Just kidding. Actually it was his normal house. and everything was as it was before they locked you out.

pinkbull 25th May 2006 01:10 AM

Hmmm... Inverted music is great and funny. But on a related note. I interwebed some mail to the Rare scribes. It was asking the reason why SnS was taken out a somewhat despirate plea for BK3 and noting how we were like chickens with chickens with feed whenever they put in SnS information in a quick last minute try for some information. The chickens being us and the feed being SnS info. And a good idea to save for later. If SnS is in a uncompleted form. Mabe just MABE we could hack and reprogram a BK and BT ROM to fill in the missing code. Of course this would be next to impossible without extensive programming, reverse engineering, coffee and time. Although it might not even be possible then even to do that. It's a good idea if people were payed for this. Sadly they don't.
Note:60 of 158 on The SnS summery. Expect the link this Saterday morning

samf 25th May 2006 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaredDSMan
Hmm. I am not sure if doing anything to the songs will make us understand SnS any clearer. :confused: The Mumbo Chant just sounds like a ritual of some sort. How about when he has the flower at the Game Over screen? There was techically no reason for Mumbo to be there. LoL!

Oh yea, I am going to look for in-game text that may match the SnS codes.

The mumbo chant is saying

"*** if you think you're hard enough" No I'm Not joking. That was revelealed some time ago.

When he talks, it's that, scrambled.

maypep_necro 25th May 2006 03:10 AM

No but seriously, wich1? Fan-Fare?

xtreme6789v2 25th May 2006 05:48 AM

In regards to this reversed music, there are plenty of freeware programs you should use to mess with these sound files. I suggest Goldwave. It comes with a free trial version that allows all the features (just a limit of clicks that only pops up screens). It can also be run under some Linux OS under WINE (older versions), or else Audacity is another good one in general.

Again, these may or may not have any relevance to SNS, so please refrain from posting further in this topic unless it is big and relevant to SNS as a whole. If a search continues, please do it in a separate forum. Not only that, but I believe I recall a similar suggestion before and nothing was found then.

Lately, I have not seen much progress in here. If Rare took out these features, or hid them extremely well, then there is likely to be remnants. Search both games, level by level, bit by bit. Try beating the game again, and then going after beating the game. If you are not willing to take your time in this process, then please do not say you are part of the "search for SNS." Keep at your work, keep coming up with ideas... ideas are good. Just make sure they are logical. Too much joking has been occuring in this forum, and it should probably stop. Only post relevant information. Message people elsewhere. Just remember, keep your mind and eyes open... happy searching fellow SnS'ers!

Go_Nosis 25th May 2006 12:37 PM

Wow, thanks digidestined. I don't think I have any other missions right now. Basic out-of-level scoping in some of the more suspicious areas discussed on the boards sounds pretty good, though. Try alot of the stages, because you can get out of pretty much any "world map" area with the bee transform code.

DavidNel 25th May 2006 05:21 PM

Hey, well this is my first post on this site, but I have been looking in here for a while. I was wondering if anyone has ever just gone to the SNS screen and just swiched the games?! I don't have BT, so I can't try. Just didn't know if anyone has tried this yet.

I noticed one other thing, in CCW I noticed a long green line in the background near mumbo's house in the fall. Don't know if it means anything, but it is the only thing helpful I can think to add.

slaphappy 25th May 2006 05:38 PM

Welcome.

Yes, it has been tried by many, unsuccessfully. I have hot swapped, held down reset and hot swapped, and cold swapped with no luck. The general consensus is that the coding to handle the swapping is not in BT.

pinkbull 26th May 2006 01:37 AM

Although this might not be anything but has anyone noticed how the Sandcastle code place is directly across from Sharkfood island? It think this is no coincidence but I really dont know. Mabe VP (the now official abriviation for viva pinata) will contain SnS referencees because of its gaining popularity and to fool with us. Just keep an eye out for it once it comes out for that.

ChillyDark 26th May 2006 05:40 AM

We should help hatrick, and slaphappy out, by getting a hacking program, one that isn't Emucheat, or Nemu, they are hard to use, if you can't use the memory editor that is.

Yuoko 27th May 2006 07:27 AM

Quote:

We should help hatrick, and slaphappy out, by getting a hacking program, one that isn't Emucheat, or Nemu, they are hard to use, if you can't use the memory editor that is.

I honestly see no purpose in doing so...
Banjo-Kazooie has been pretty much hacked to the point there's nothing left, and Banjo-Tooie?
Dynamic Memory, Incidental Fail-safe, etc. all play a factor as to why hacking Banjo-Tooie is not practical.
Unless, of course, you want Hatrick to dissappear for Five Years... :rolleyes:

pinkbull 27th May 2006 07:55 AM

Hmmm...Mabe Rare has a member on this site just to toy with us. And mabe just mabe they could be helping us by acting like an innocent and pointing us in general direction with different theories. Although this may be an idea created from running on pop-tarts and Mt. Dew at 2 AM in the morning. Also I'm going to try and finish the summery by 8 or 9 am Central US time. A little spoiler for you is that this theory branches out to not getting a certain 2 jiggies in BK and gets snapped of the theory tree very quickly.
EDIT:At the time of this writing I'm 1000 posts in

slaphappy 27th May 2006 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuoko
Banjo-Kazooie has been pretty much hacked to the point there's nothing left

It's hard to respond to this without flaming, but I'll do my best.

Unless I'm mistaken, this is a site dedicated to BK/BT hacking. People should be encouraged to do so, not discouraged. Just because many things have been discovered, it doesn't mean someone won't come along, take a different apporach and stumble on to something new. I personally feel there is more to uncover, and as the saying goes, I'd rather be an optimist and wrong, than a pessimist and right.

There, that wasn't so bad. ;)

ChillyDark 27th May 2006 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuoko
Banjo-Kazooie has been pretty much hacked to the point there's nothing left, and Banjo-Tooie?
Dynamic Memory, Incidental Fail-safe, etc. all play a factor as to why hacking Banjo-Tooie is not practical.
Unless, of course, you want Hatrick to dissappear for Five Years... :rolleyes:

I see what you mean, although it does seem hopeless, and many have given up on SNS, saying it is impossible and it was never meant to be, I am not one of them. If we don't find SNS soon or whats left of it, this site it self, will cease to exist, I know this has said more then a million times before, but Rare said themselves, "There is no such thing as Bottles Revenge, stop looking in things that don't concern you." Guess what, Ice found it. Same thing with the items, Ice found those as well. What about Glowbo Cave? It was found by Coolboyman.
I'm sorry if I don't see it your way, or am sort of flaming. But I won't give up until BT has been completely searched.

Go_Nosis 28th May 2006 01:21 AM

Quote:

I see what you mean, although it does seem hopeless, and many have given up on SNS, saying it is impossible and it was never meant to be, I am not one of them. If we don't find SNS soon or whats left of it, this site it self, will cease to exist, I know this has said more then a million times before, but Rare said themselves, "There is no such thing as Bottles Revenge, stop looking in things that don't concern you." Guess what, Ice found it. Same thing with the items, Ice found those as well. What about Glowbo Cave? It was found by Coolboyman.
I'm sorry if I don't see it your way, or am sort of flaming. But I won't give up until BT has been completely searched.

*claps*

wow. just, wow.

that deserved some applause!

And I agree, too many people here are thinking inside the box though. Hello? Donkey Kong Country 2 All Kremkoins cheat? So overelaborate that it was impossible to find by accident, and THATS with SNES technology! for all we know, the way to activate stop N swop could be a series of movements!

Is there any clue in either game that suggests this, or any other method that would NOT involve a super special trigger? or code? (<-- already determined years ago when EVERY kazooie code was found.)

There has to be something, somewhere.

Bottles98 28th May 2006 03:04 AM

Quote:

Hooooo boy. First, I'm-a break this down into bite-size pieces so I can address points individually.

Quote:

I see what you mean, although it does seem hopeless, and many have given up on SNS, saying it is impossible and it was never meant to be, I am not one of them.

Nothing to say on this except that I AM one of the nonbelievers.

Quote:

If we don't find SNS soon or whats left of it, this site it self, will cease to exist,

WRONG. This site is also a community. Not finding SNS doesn't mean the site will cease to exist.
I mean, really, I can't see Ice saying "oh gee well stop n swops is gone i close site now without caring about community". Sorry, but you didn't really make any real point there.

Quote:

but Rare said themselves, "There is no such thing as Bottles Revenge, stop looking in things that don't concern you." Guess what, Ice found it. Same thing with the items, Ice found those as well.

And once, I believe, they said Bottles' Revenge DID exist (and said it in 1337, too.)
Also, yes, the items were found. Five years ago. I'm pretty sure BK's defunct items and BT's lameo items are all that's left.

Quote:

What about Glowbo Cave? It was found by Coolboyman.

Wasn't it only TEXT that was found? I've said before, it could be an alternate name for an already-existing area in the game. I believe Banjo's house is refferred to as "Banjo's Cave" somewhere in BK's memory? There's an example there.

Quote:

1. I'm sure nobody minds if you have a different opinion. It's a public forum after all.
2. While your message did have inaccuracies and such, it's hardly flaming anybody. You stated your opinion, and now I'm stating mine (along with a few facts).
3. I'm pretty sure BT HAS been searched as completely as possible.

Yuoko 28th May 2006 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slaphappy
It's hard to respond to this without flaming, but I'll do my best.

Unless I'm mistaken, this is a site dedicated to BK/BT hacking. People should be encouraged to do so, not discouraged. Just because many things have been discovered, it doesn't mean someone won't come along, take a different apporach and stumble on to something new. I personally feel there is more to uncover, and as the saying goes, I'd rather be an optimist and wrong, than a pessimist and right.

There, that wasn't so bad. ;)

Oh, go right and flame me. I wouldn't mind, as long as you had a point.
I am not of the opinion that it's impossible that we'll find something. Sentence three, I couldn't have said better.
It's just my nature, I'd suppose. I'm rather againstnt spreading possibly false hope.
To each his own, I suppose.

kazooieguy 28th May 2006 06:47 PM

Well now mabey soemone can accually answer me on something, can anyone tell me, what in the heck the Text Attic lights reffers too ? yes its in BK and also, in the text ity was listed in an order similer to the following, the part I was you all to pay attention to is cappitalized

beach JUNGLE
cavern JUNGLE
swamp JUNGLE

the word JUNGLE is listed after every world type beach=TTC
Cavern=CC
swamp=BGS

note that that is not neccesaraly the order of the text it was however there in the test it listed all the enviorment types with the word JUNGLE following, now we all know about the Fungus forest but what if we were mistaken, it couldve been a jungle world and if that was the case, then is it possible that within eacha dn everyworld there is a fragment of a whole world, ? or that each egg, carried with it a part of the whole jungle world? if this has been disproven to be soemthing else can I please b todl so? thank you guys for reading the post
Kaz