The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Banjo Kazooie Series (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   [ Ripping The Soundtrack - It's on the Main Page! ] (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22679)

Whyme123 1st December 2008 09:30 PM

Upload please, but make Kameo a higher priority!

The songs end like that so that they loop. If you chop off like half a second of the end and loop it, it sounds like a perfect loop, because it is much harder to loop a mp3 then it is to loop a synthsized music tcak

Byvar 1st December 2008 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whyme123 (Post 471254)
Upload please, but make Kameo a higher priority!

Well, I can't rip Kameo, actually, unless Kameo doesn't use XMA, but I doubt that. I don't have any XMA knowledge. Ice Mario would certainly be able to do that though.

Loser Conker 1st December 2008 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byvar (Post 471251)
Giant Conker Post

WOAH! :eek: Sweet, dude! Thanks! Upload it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whyme123 (Post 471254)
Upload please, but make Grabbed by the Ghoulies the highest priority!

Fixed

Whyme123 2nd December 2008 12:43 AM

Yea, sure GBTG would be good...

Byvar, ask ice about kameo pleeeeeease :'(

Byvar 2nd December 2008 04:31 PM

I'm uploading the Conker soundtrack, look at the Conker forum. ;)

And... well, maybe I'll take a look at Kameo and GBTG. ^^

I Ross H I 2nd December 2008 08:02 PM

Put BK:NaB soundtrack into one .zip?

TappyKatsuhiko 3rd December 2008 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlesmegger (Post 458922)
just so people know, I'm currently uploading a 50 track soundtrack I've compiled from Nuts & Bolts... doesn't include the little 3 second jingles, but it's still 2 hours long.

tagged, labelled and artwork all sorted aswell. so i'll upload it asap :)

Any idea where we can find this, easiest would be if you could share it here...thanks!;)

Since people are asking for the Grabbed by the Ghoulies score.....I've made a topic over here:
http://www.rarewitchproject.com/foru...272#post472272

where you can get all the Ghoulies music!

bcass 10th December 2008 12:56 PM

Is there any chance these new rips could be uploaded somewhere in FLAC format (using the original PCM/WAV files)? I haven't read the whole thread, but presumably, these tracks are multi-channel (like the Conker XBox rip that appeared a while ago) for surround setups?

gamer4250 10th December 2008 09:46 PM

Ask Ice Mario. I assume he got most of these.

weighta 24th January 2016 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Mario (Post 455932)
Here is some of my preliminary investigative notes on the CAFF. I cannot guarantee that the information here is exactly right, but for extracting data, it serves it's purpose. Hopefully I've not made any typos, but if I have then with a little investigation, it should be apparent what it is supposed to be.

CAFF (most likely stands for Common Asset File Format) and has been used by Rare since it's days on the original Xbox.

Code:

Header (size 0x78)
offset        size        desc
0x00        0x04        FourCC (CAFF)
0x04        0x10        Version (char) 07.08.06.0036
0x14        0x04        Size of header (0x78)
0x18        0x04        Header Checksum
0x1c        0x04        Number of Symbols
0x20        0x04        Number of File Parts
0x48        0x01        Type
0x49        0x01        Number of Sections
0x50        0x04        DataBase (offset from the end of the caff header (0x78) )
0x60        0x04        DataBase
0x64        0x04        DataOffs (add to DataBase to get start of section data)
0x74        0x04        DataOffs

Then follows a SectionInfo structure for each Section

Code:

Section Info        (size 0x21)
0x09        0x04        Data Length
0x1d        0x04        Data Length

Next follows the null terminated section names

0x00 0x04 Length of Symbols Buffer

Then follows an offset value for each Symbol. This is an offset into the Symbol Buffer

Then the null-terminated Symbols

Then follows a entry for each file part. So, if a file has data in more than one section, it would have multiple entries here, tied together by the FileID member.

Code:

FileInfo        (size 0x14)
0x01        0x02        FileID
0x03        0x04        Data Offset
0x07        0x04        Data Len
0x0B        0x01        Section

Then the data sections

It is fairly easy to extract section data by iterating through the sectionInfo structures, adding the lengths to make data offsets

Extracting actual files can be achieved by iterating through the symbols list, and then getting it's data from each section by using the FileInfo table.

TYPES

.data
Generic data. For example: information describing the texture, such as type, width, height

.texturegpu
The data that will be loaded into the gpu. i.e raw texture data that has been converted to the correct format for the target platform.

.stream
data that will be streamed. Information about this layout is likely to be described in the .data section

The are more types, but I've not had to look at any more yet, but obviously when extracting models the .gpu section will come into play

It must be noted that some sections can be compressed. This was the case on Perfect Dark Zero, but I've not come across any that are compressed in Nuts & Bolts.

HTH

What program can I use to view the offsets?

No sections are compressed in N&B.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Mario (Post 455932)
but I've not come across any that are compressed in Nuts & Bolts.

That should make it easy for me to maybe do a copy-paste my vehicle save data, to the 234cec file like mojo was saying. That caffextractors purpose was to extract data sections, then make them into files.. I think. So maybe HxD is easier considering I've never heard him talk about a CAFF injector.

Masked Hero 24th January 2016 02:42 AM

Please don't bump threads that are eight years old.