The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Banjo Kazooie Series (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Banjo-Tooie Freezing (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49644)

Zeek 16th September 2012 02:35 AM

Banjo-Tooie Freezing

or simply getting stuck. I recently played through BK once again (something I haven't done since the game came out, give or take), and have moved on to BT. I've played through it so many times, I've lost count, and don't recall ever having any problems. However, this time around, I've encounter a couple of times where the game just freezes or hangs. Thus far:
  • Frozen at the black screen during the transition when entering the Dodgem games in Witchy World.
  • Got stuck in an infinite loop at Hailfire Pikes during the fire side boss (after the dialogue that happens when you shoot the wrong type of egg at him, Banjo and him stayed there "talking," but nothing happened).

Anyone else have this happen, or something else freeze up BT? My game might be a bit dirty, I imagine, since twice now it wouldn't boot up right away.

(this is on the N64, btw. Not the XBLA copy.)

Brian 16th September 2012 02:40 AM

Maybe you've got dust in your N64? I've been playing mine recently and haven't had anything of the sort. D:

Yellow Kazooie 16th September 2012 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeek (Post 1112416)
or simply getting stuck. I recently played through BK once again (something I haven't done since the game came out, give or take), and have moved on to BT. I've played through it so many times, I've lost count, and don't recall ever having any problems. However, this time around, I've encounter a couple of times where the game just freezes or hangs. Thus far:
  • Frozen at the black screen during the transition when entering the Dodgem games in Witchy World.
  • Got stuck in an infinite loop at Hailfire Pikes during the fire side boss (after the dialogue that happens when you shoot the wrong type of egg at him, Banjo and him stayed there "talking," but nothing happened).

Anyone else have this happen, or something else freeze up BT? My game might be a bit dirty, I imagine, since twice now it wouldn't boot up right away.

(this is on the N64, btw. Not the XBLA copy.)

this kind of stuff usually happens when you're using an emulator. The first problem you listed used to happen when I went through the 50 note door in BK. If you're on the n64 i have no idea why that happens

Ty-chan 16th September 2012 03:22 PM

Blow on the cartridge.

qwertykins76 21st September 2012 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeek (Post 1112416)
[*]Got stuck in an infinite loop at Hailfire Pikes during the fire side boss (after the dialogue that happens when you shoot the wrong type of egg at him, Banjo and him stayed there "talking," but nothing happened).[/LIST]

This is a totally normal glitch. I forget how you activate it but I've done it myself, and my game has no problems at all.
EDIT: Video found.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csb9W5QJuIo

DB19 30th July 2022 06:21 PM

My copy of BT freezes at the end of slumber talking

Pies 3rd August 2022 12:21 AM

I'm sorry for your loss.

Pstriple 3rd August 2022 03:02 AM

My copy of Banjo-Tooie freezes because I had it in the freezer too long.

Zondekel 3rd August 2022 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DB19 (Post 1305082)
My copy of BT freezes at the end of slumber talking

Howdy! Welcome to the RWP forums! :rwpunch

For future reference, it's generally preferred you don't bump a nearly decade-old thread, but instead make a new thread for the subject. No worries, though!

Aside from physical damage to the cart, or as suggested in the past possible emulation issues, I couldn't tell you why Tooie is freezing at such a specific point. Hopefully you get an answer!

Enjoy your stay on the forums!

Pies 4th August 2022 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pstriple (Post 1305100)
My copy of Banjo-Tooie freezes because I had it in the freezer too long.

I'm sorry for your frost.

Solid Snix 4th August 2022 11:23 AM

mine melts

Pstriple 8th August 2022 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Snix (Post 1305111)
mine melts

I'm sorry for your soft.

Pies 10th August 2022 08:32 AM

My copy is lukewarm at best.

dragon_kazoooie 11th August 2022 12:34 AM

A warm copy of Luke is the best.

Pies 11th August 2022 02:42 PM

Luke64 is not a RareWare game, we can't speak about the competition.

dragon_kazoooie 11th August 2022 05:58 PM

Oh shoot you're right, I just got so excited about it. I'll move the discussion over to the General Gaming Forum.

Pies 12th August 2022 10:34 PM

Even there it is banned, if we dare speak it's name it just makes all Rare N64 games look garbage in comparison to its glory. To protect Rare we must be silent.

dragon_kazoooie 12th August 2022 11:39 PM

This is a very serious topic that I was not aware of...I suppose for the good of the website-- Nay the world, I will hold my tongue on this glorious and wonderful game to keep chaos from reigning on high.

Pies 13th August 2022 01:40 AM

But talking about it is so tempting though. At the risk of being banned I will step forward and say:

Level 4 is the best level of Luke64. It is the only good water level in gaming.

Mr. Airplane 13th August 2022 09:31 AM

I know we only get three posts a day, but let's try not to derail threads so much going forward