The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Gaming (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Pokémon Thread of Pokémon-Related Content (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54259)

N64DD 5th June 2018 10:25 PM

this is such huge news yet most of the pokefans I know simply shrug their shoulders at it

I know to each their own
but are you kidding me!?

N64DD 5th June 2018 11:09 PM

thank you yes exactly!

AndyNPC 6th June 2018 05:27 AM

I was wrong from before. The Gen 1 Pokemon sprites aren't just taken from Gen 1, some of them have been updated slightly. Some of them are close to but not exactly identical to the sprites in the final game, and that might mainly be due to moving over from original GB hardware to Color which gave them a larger palette to work with.
There's some neat things with the gyms and Elite Four too. Apparently Misty was one of the Elite Four in this version of the game, that probably got changed since she can now be battled in the Kanto revisit. Also Red is placed inside the gym in "Kanto", suggesting he might have been the gym leader for that "city".
It's too bad almost all the map script data is missing so we can only see as far as sprite placement and encounter tables. The collision data for most of the world is using an older format from the playable areas as well. Maybe the Japan world was already getting scrapped at this point in development?

This is probably one of the coolest prototypes I've seen in a long time. Not only is it a hugely prolific game, it's one which underwent a massive overhaul in development. I can't think of any other prototypes which are this different from the final game. Closest is probably Sonic 2.

qwertykins76 6th June 2018 10:26 PM

"Hey guys, hear me out. What if, when Chansey evolves, we give it TWO egg pouches?"

To be quite serious though. . . This is along the lines of, if not outright surpasses Stop 'N' Swop in terms of the level of intrigue in cut content of a video game. I am still gushing.

N64DD 6th June 2018 11:03 PM

pft lets see those mons in stadium 2 give the moders a real challenge

qwertykins76 6th June 2018 11:19 PM

I love vanilla Ariados a lot but why is the scrapped version so cool tho

N64DD 6th June 2018 11:27 PM

because theres sutch possibilities

sure in this game they are just pictures on a screen
but we know what they’d become
cards
pokemon on the show
3D models in the various stadium games
plus their graphics would improve with each game
people talking about these mons like they do the ones we know!

qwertykins76 7th June 2018 06:07 PM

There are two different kinds of people in this world. Those who see Xurkitree, and think of it as "nothing more than a bunch of wires" and, "an uninspired, lazy design," and those who see it, and think that this kind of design is among the most interesting and loveable in the franchise. Just oozing with personality.

https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/d...6Xurkitree.png

Which are you?

N64DD 7th June 2018 06:10 PM

I still think the pokemon names and designs are rather clever

qwertykins76 7th June 2018 06:15 PM

Yeah Delibird's name flies right over most people's heads. It's not "Delly Bird," it's de-lib-urd. As in, your package has been Delibird.

Small details like that are smart and interesting.

Zondekel 1st July 2018 12:07 AM

So, while I've had my tablet to sort of tether me from the vcr loving, mp3 player playing, crt watching technologically outdated past to the 21st century, I've been without a smartphone for.. er.. forever. I once said that when they introduced Hoenn Pokemon to Pokemon Go, that would be the final push for me to get a smartphone. They did and I... never bought one. But recently I've fully launched myself into the 21st century with a smartphone and now I'm the loser that plays Pokemon Go well after it stopped being popular. (In my defense, I was able to connect to enough wifi spots in my college campus in 2016 to play at least a little.. for a day.. caught a Seel. Wanted to make it a Dewgong but never played past that)

But, I'm playing it! It's neat! There are nature trails in my home town that I like to go on, and there are at least four PokeStops in the very beginning- and I wonder if there are more further out.. I caught an Aron, and that's pretty cool! Gonna make it an Aggron. I'm sort of glad I haven't played much until now, because now it's three generations of Pokemon to pull from instead of just the same generation (and depending on where you are, the same couple of Pokemon over and over again).

They added friends lists and giving gifts and trading recently, I guess. If anyone still plays, you could add me if you want!
Trainer Code: 3180 6892 4843

N64DD 1st July 2018 01:22 AM

I do love Pokemon GO however at the same time every missed pokeball, broken out of pokeball and runaway pokemon feels cheap since the entire game pushes twords the micro purchases

but I do still play and I love how the game transforms your town like every outing has a potential pokestop you can spin

FC: 8184 4045 4190

https://www.pokemongomap.info

a good site to find local pokestops even has a feature where you can see the best areas to farm pokestops

pastiche 3rd July 2018 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastiche (Post 1271023)
I drive around my quiet suburban neighborhood blasting trap music and rolling through Pokestops pretending I am a Mystic warlord, also my mom is level 20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zondekel (Post 1282340)
Trainer Code: 3180 6892 4843

Quote:

Originally Posted by N64DD (Post 1282342)
FC: 8184 4045 4190

hitchu both widdat naZzTy add

N64DD 3rd July 2018 06:09 AM

I actually need to get out and participate in raids and gyms and stuff but I really do hate leaving the house!

pastiche 3rd July 2018 06:11 AM

I haven't even opened the app since they first added gym raids, so I have a whole lot to catch up on