The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Dylan Yoshi 5th April 2006 11:11 PM

I just noticed something. It's pretty small and probably means nothing, but I find it interesting...

In Banjo-Tooie (And I think in Kazooie as well), the option in the pause menu, "Save and Quit" only quits the game, but doesn't save it. The game saves automatically. You can turn the power off on the N64, and still have everything you've done saved.

HomieG 5th April 2006 11:28 PM

Hmm...I just though of something incredibly cool, but I doubt it'll happen.

If Rare were to release BK and BT remakes seperately for DS, they could do some sort of SNS using wireless transfers. I really doubt that'll happen, but one can dream.

Theguyoverthere 6th April 2006 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Yoshi
I just noticed something. It's pretty small and probably means nothing, but I find it interesting...

In Banjo-Tooie (And I think in Kazooie as well), the option in the pause menu, "Save and Quit" only quits the game, but doesn't save it. The game saves automatically. You can turn the power off on the N64, and still have everything you've done saved.

Umm... Maybe but I think Banjo TOoie SAVES it WHEN you press save and quit because when you press it, you have to wait like 2 seconds before it says "are you sure?" and I'm betting in that 2 seconds, the game is saving. Why would rare put a "Are you sure?". To save a game without quitting it, that's why. Maybe SnS had to do with where you hit save and quit in BT, then when it says "Are you sure?" to do the swap.

Just an idea.

Dylan Yoshi 6th April 2006 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theguyoverthere
Umm... Maybe but I think Banjo TOoie SAVES it WHEN you press save and quit because when you press it, you have to wait like 2 seconds before it says "are you sure?" and I'm betting in that 2 seconds, the game is saving. Why would rare put a "Are you sure?". To save a game without quitting it, that's why. Maybe SnS had to do with where you hit save and quit in BT, then when it says "Are you sure?" to do the swap.

Just an idea.

Nope. I've turned the game off without even pausing it and it still saves.

Theguyoverthere 6th April 2006 12:08 AM

Then what's with the delay?

s.w.a.t 6th April 2006 12:40 AM

It's the game loading. The N64 is just slow like that. And the ARe you Sure? is so that you don't accidentaly quit the game.

Pikachu025 6th April 2006 02:10 PM

No, the game is actually saving everytime you collect a important item, PLUS when you press "save and quit". So if you collect a Jiggy and then turn off, you still have everything up to the Jiggy, but when you collect a red feather after the Jiggy and you turn off, you don't have the feather when reloading. Same with DK64, saves at every Golden Banana, but not at the small bananas.

slaphappy 7th April 2006 02:12 PM

Any idea if it autosaves when a "secret" item is collected?

Ice Lightning 7th April 2006 02:22 PM

I'd find out now if I could find the code to take me to the secret areas. I just looked for it on GScentral but couldn't see it. Does anyone know what it is?

Ice Lightning 7th April 2006 03:26 PM

The code didn't seem to work, so I used the sandcastle code (I forgot about them).

So to answer your question, yes. The game saves after you collect the secret items. I got the pink egg and turned off after Banjo said his line, turned back on and I had the Jiggy I got from the Sandcastle and the egg.

Ice Lightning 7th April 2006 04:57 PM

Yes, I think so.

hatrickpatrick 7th April 2006 07:07 PM

yes, you can.
81283220 0000 - PAL, reset all secrets
81283400 0000 - NTSC, reset all secrets

I'm not too sure about the NTSC one but I'm 90% sure that's the right code...

Theguyoverthere 7th April 2006 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slaphappy
Any idea if it autosaves when a "secret" item is collected?

Great idea! Someone NEEDS to test this. If it does save then that means that hot-swapping BK and BT is possible! I'm excited! Just wait till I hear the bad news though....

Someone try it now! :eek:

We have hope! o-O

Ice Lightning 7th April 2006 07:49 PM

I already tested it, the answer is five posts above yours.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Lightning
The code didn't seem to work, so I used the sandcastle code (I forgot about them).

So to answer your question, yes. The game saves after you collect the secret items. I got the pink egg and turned off after Banjo said his line, turned back on and I had the Jiggy I got from the Sandcastle and the egg.

Theguyoverthere 7th April 2006 07:54 PM

OOPS sorry, remember you can always refer to my sig before pointing out my mistakes.

So that's odd, why would they program it to save after the mystery items unless they were important which apparently they aren't. Or are they?????:confused: :confused: Before you reply, refer to my sig.