The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Banjo Kazooie Series (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Nuts And Bolts Turns 10! (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55637)

Brian 11th November 2018 05:44 AM

Nuts And Bolts Turns 10!

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts was released November 11th, 2008 in the US!

Happy birthday, Nuts and Bolts!

Do you have any fond memories with NaB? What was your most inventive vehicle? Tell me about 'em!

qwertykins76 11th November 2018 04:03 PM

I remembered.

Tomajko 12th November 2018 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB Printer Paper Memorial Garden (Post 1284522)
Anyone want to play multiplayer

If I still had Xbox Live I totally would.

It wasn't the B-K game we wanted but I maintain it was still a good game. I have memories of fun times screwing around in Test-O-Track with friends, just building and testing random crap. Also brings a smile to my face when I remember my B-T Gruntling vehicle was one of the winners for the contest they held. I couldn't control my excitement back then. Good times.

Breegullbeak 12th November 2018 04:43 PM

I replayed the trilogy this year, and while my opinion on Tooie has continued to decline, my opinions on Nuts & Bolts have remained consistent. It's a great game. Most complain about it not being a collect-a-thon platformer, but that never bothered me. Banjo Kazooie is just as much about everything outside the gameplay. The music, the characters, the worlds. All of these are as great as ever. The game chose to go a different direction with it's gameplay and in my opinion it worked. Instead of adding on even more moves to an already overloaded move set or adding more characters to play as like the generally maligned DK64, they decided to forgo the old move pool all together.

Zondekel 15th November 2018 01:02 AM

This will always disappoint me because I really really loved Nuts & Bolts, and I think it absolutely deserves the recognition that Kazooie and Tooie get. Maybe some of the missions were repetitive, but there were also a lot of really good ones, and the vehicle creator was top-notch. I should dig out my 360 and take pictures of some of my designs. I'm sure they're, ah, worse than I remember, ha... I remember towards the beginning I built one car that was supposed to be used for everything, so I'd keep attaching more parts to it, like the floaters,wings, rockets, the bigger trolly bed, lasers, etc. I didn't really use it much for the main game, but it felt appropriate to pull it out for the final confrontation with Grunty.

I also took the heavy duty seat and just put springs all over it. "Zondekel's Spring Fever!" it was called. It did nothing but launch Banjo every which way. Good times..

Digital Mozart 16th November 2018 05:08 PM

I should actually finish it. It was a huuuge pull for me to buy Rare Replay, as I never had a 360, but I never did get around to it.

DementedSun 18th November 2018 03:11 AM

I still need that last achievement for all TT trophies in the DLC...I hate HATE the one race with those giant-ass monster trucks. Sure, I got them all with my own vehicles, but using LOG's is garbage hard when they flip over at a single touch and you have to restart the whole race because there's hardly enough time to even GET a TT doing it perfect... :(

Whyme123 20th November 2018 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DementedSun (Post 1284603)
I still need that last achievement for all TT trophies in the DLC...I hate HATE the one race with those giant-ass monster trucks. Sure, I got them all with my own vehicles, but using LOG's is garbage hard when they flip over at a single touch and you have to restart the whole race because there's hardly enough time to even GET a TT doing it perfect... :(

I think someone made a video showing you how to get TTs in every race. ;)

Except the Saucer of Peril. Because that sucks and thats the only one I never got. :p

DementedSun 20th November 2018 03:38 PM

Oh yeah you could miss one from the main game, right? I think that might be the one I skipped lol. I should go back and try for all the TT, but I haven't played in years, and if young me got too frustrated to get it, I'm sure old me will just straight up die.

Digital Mozart 24th November 2018 11:16 PM

Reporting back. N&B is so far incredibly dull, though I'm not too far, only about 10 jiggies. Will report further.

Digital Mozart 3rd December 2018 04:28 PM

Well, it's starting to grow on me at least. Starting to get into the flying vehicles now, so that's fun.

Brian 5th December 2018 10:58 PM

Frankie showed me how to make the best vehicle in the game. Just a balloon

TRBB 7th December 2018 07:45 PM

Man, I can't believe it's been 10 years since "Nuts & Bolts" because I remember waiting almost 10 years for "Nuts & Bolts" to come out. I'd go around high school and tell my friends how excited I was to play it even though non of them cared. :p :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whyme123 (Post 1284620)
Except the Saucer of Peril. Because that sucks and thats the only one I never got. :p

Same here. Thankfully, you don't need all of them to get all 131 Jiggies. You got a Jiggy for every 4 T. T. Trophies you earned and, if I remember correctly, you could get every T. T. Trophy except for 1 for 100% Completion.

I need to play this game again and look at all of my old vehicles.

I remember one of my vehicles being a recreation of the blue car in this music video and I called it "Super Driver" - this was back when "The Melancholoy of Haruhi Suzumiya" was huge.

TRBB 22nd December 2018 09:45 PM

I've never seen this Online before,, so I thought I'd share it here.
(I don't it needs to have its own thread though.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG0oVR3IIHw

weighta 31st December 2018 09:02 PM

Lololol happy birthday to the game I attempted to revolutionize with mods. Many forget there's still only one reason I'm on this site.