The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

hatrickpatrick 12th August 2005 01:43 PM

I'm going to try nabnut, the pink doll, and the acorns. If none of them work, I'll have to find a way of using the 2D item mod...

Fenikku 12th August 2005 01:57 PM

I hope you know, everyone, that the pink squirell is not a doll, but is in fact his girlfriend/wife.

Benjo Koolzooie 12th August 2005 04:07 PM

Yeah we know, but we for some reason it's just adopted the name of a "doll". Not sure how. Good luck with the experiments Hatrick!

hatrickpatrick 12th August 2005 05:56 PM

Right, well there's good news and bad news
good news: I modded the pink squirrel and it worked, gave me the egg
bad news: Nothing happened. But it could be that I have to complete the game 100% before it does, so I'ma try again tomorrow morning
I have another problem, however: CCW, winter, is, in fact, yellow, in the view totals list, so maybe thats NOT one of the eggs we need to get
I'm beginning to think I should switch my main focus from this kind of experiment to actually trying to directly find the activator in memory, which is a fairly daunting prospect >_>
I'm saving that as a last resort, though. I really do think we've come quite a bit closer to unlocking all this than we were when I first started this thread, so I suppose we just need to look a bit harder...

Also, does anyone think we should go through the freeze digits in the text editor? I mean, beta stuff was found that way in the level and backround mods, there could still be stuff in the text editor...

banjooie 12th August 2005 06:22 PM

To get closer to SNS:

Anyone know assembly, or anything of the sort? I've said a few times in this forum that the emulator Nemu64 is EXTREMELY good for debugging game code.

Maybe someone could analyse memory/assembly code when the sandcastle codes are entered and check to see what values are triggered. These then could be used to find alternative ways of activating SNS.

Just my $0.02

hatrickpatrick 12th August 2005 06:24 PM

I have a problem with nemu64 which I'm sure is easily fixed and I'm missing something extremely obvious
The memory debugger it has, is there any way to actually edit the values? I can only view them...

crosseyes 12th August 2005 07:14 PM

I think there is...if I remember it has something to do with an INI file?

Benjo Koolzooie 12th August 2005 07:56 PM

Why is the egg being yellow a problem? I don't follow?

Gaming Master2k 12th August 2005 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick
Also, does anyone think we should go through the freeze digits in the text editor? I mean, beta stuff was found that way in the level and backround mods, there could still be stuff in the text editor...

I can save you time, I have already tried that (in BK) nothing. I do have a mildly interesting story about it.

I'm trying all the freeze digits, none had worked so far then I get to one and something like the following text appears: You've discovered Mumbo's Secret
By this stage I'm almost dead from a heart attack.... then it just went on to talk about the T-Rex transformation and I came crashing back down to earth very hard.

Fenikku 12th August 2005 10:54 PM

Hahahaha, that must suck. Kudos for trying.

zxzxi 13th August 2005 05:27 PM

Now if only I came here in Feburary. Then I wouldn't have to read 40 pages.

Fenikku 13th August 2005 06:05 PM

Hahaha, hey, it was 30 pages long when I came into the picture and I didn't even read them all.

zxzxi 13th August 2005 09:45 PM

Finally, I finished reading all 40 pages of posts (took many hours). Everyone has interesting ideas. I think the real eggs may have something to do with time travel. Like the cavemen (ice key, pink egg are in caves), then move up to The ancient civilization times (blue egg is in a tomb), then move up to housing (yellow egg in a home) then move up to shipyards (red egg in a ship). Everything else I can think of has been said already.

EDIT: This means that I have thought up of a way to make it so that the red egg might possibly be one of the real 4 ones. Most of the other ones say no to the red egg.

crosseyes 13th August 2005 10:48 PM

nice idea. don't forget late 1800's to early 1900's (green and cyan are in what looks like an old mansion on a plantation.

zxzxi 13th August 2005 11:15 PM

I didn't forget about them, but you all are saying only 4 are real and I couldn't really think of anything relating to time travel with the two in Mad Monster Mansion. Although you have a nice point. I was at first trying to cross-reference the toliet and the barrel with 1881 on it. I couldn't tell if I had luck or not though. The info I got was too confusing.