The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Celice 14th August 2005 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenquinDude
I think mcjohvan is saying that with the barrel, it's just the textures that aren't loaded until you trigger it, but with the doors, there's nothing, no level geometry.

That's also what I was trying to prove. The doors could act as the barrels: as in, a simple event could have a pointer(warp) to the said level/ area to be loaded, therefore creating the illusion that there's really nothing behind them, when actually, there is.

PenquinDude 14th August 2005 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celice
That's also what I was trying to prove. The doors could act as the barrels: as in, a simple event could have a pointer(warp) to the said level/ area to be loaded, therefore creating the illusion that there's really nothing behind them, when actually, there is.

Didn't mcjohvan say he just fell off the level though?

micjohvan 14th August 2005 10:53 PM

Quote:

I think mcjohvan is saying that with the barrel, it's just the textures that aren't loaded until you trigger it, but with the doors, there's nothing, no level geometry.

That is correct, thanks for putting into a nice short sentance for me lol. I have wireframed and clipped just about everything in the rom I have. If anyone has something that want clipped or wireframed just let me know and I will be glad to assist. In other news I just got done painting one of my 5 n64s. Its now snow white, and the power led is a high intensity Blue LED :D Im thinking about putting it on top of my 64DD insted of my normal black one thats there now.

zxzxi 14th August 2005 10:56 PM

Let's get back on topic here.

trevor 14th August 2005 10:56 PM

Why do you think its 4 out of the 6 anyway? far all you know it could be 1,2,3,4,5 or all 6 but its deleted. If its deleted would someone be able to re program it back in, like a level editor changes levels.

micjohvan 14th August 2005 10:59 PM

people are led to beleive there are 4 eggs because of a chalk board in Grabbed by the Goulies on the Xbox. The game was made by Rare and they put a little drawing on a chalkboard in the game. Im not going to explain the picture but Im sure someone else here will or will link to a picture.

zxzxi 14th August 2005 11:00 PM

Because in GbtG: there is a board that shows a picture of an ice key + 4 eggs = ?

micjohvan 14th August 2005 11:08 PM

I think it says =secret room or level

Tachi 14th August 2005 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zxzxi
Because in GbtG: there is a board that shows a picture of an ice key + 4 eggs = ?

Well, there are instructions under the picture of four eggs, plus the key, equals the question mark.

1. Collect 4 eggs.
2. Collect Ice Key.
3. Open Secret Level.

Celice 14th August 2005 11:48 PM

Quote:

Didn't mcjohvan say he just fell off the level though?

Doesn't mean it couldn't of shown a cutscene were Banjo slowly walked into the door. Objects in a scene don't have to go by clipping, otherwise Klungo would of fell through the ground the in said scene.

Fenikku 14th August 2005 11:53 PM

Why must you people fight over every little piece of speculation that each other comes up with? The only reasons we are doing this is to find out what stop 'n' swop is, see if it is really there or not, and stick it to Rare once and for all that we are a bunch of persistant little turds that want to know the answer to a simple question! We should be working together, not arguing over what is right and wrong. If you have your own theories, test them out, and give a freakin' report! If you want to debate it, go ahead, but don't say that stop 'n' swop doesn't exist because you don't know that; none of us do. That is what we are trying to prove.

hatrickpatrick 14th August 2005 11:56 PM

It's actually
1. Collect Ice Key
2. Collect 4 eggs.
3. Open Secret Level.
I've taken that to mean that if the key isnt collected before everything else, all is lost...

PenquinDude 15th August 2005 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celice
Doesn't mean it couldn't of shown a cutscene were Banjo slowly walked into the door. Objects in a scene don't have to go by clipping, otherwise Klungo would of fell through the ground the in said scene.

Or they could ahve stored Klungo at the beggining of the tunnel, or somewhere else and warped him there. He got to the end of the tunnel before he fell. I just don't think every single thing unused by Banjo is a key to Stop 'N' Swop.

Celice 15th August 2005 12:10 AM

Chances are, Rare was going to have you run up to the top of the tower, but scrapped it towards the end and left the door there.

Also, I'm not trying to start fights, just pointing things out as I go. Sometimes my posts are interpreted weirdly, simply because you can't emulate tones in speech.

Benjo Koolzooie 15th August 2005 04:40 PM

First of all, Stop And Swop DOES exist, there is proof of that in BK with the secret items present, and so on. However, what nobody knows of, is if the feature WORKS. There's a difference between its existance, and ability to work. I for one, and interested to find information and clues as to how SNS could have worked. If, it is found to be working then great, even better. Although I now think it won't be found in working order, I am as stated, interested in SNS's devlopment.

Secondly, has anybody thought that the: Collect 4 eggs. Collect Ice Key.
3. Open Secret Level business from GbtG is in fact a joke on Rare's part, just like the joke SNS included in Banjo Pilot?

If you ask me, the blackboard cries out "Joke!". - Rare are well aware that, instead of doing real homework from school, people were making searching for SNS, grabbing eggs and the key and opening a "secret" level, their "homework".