The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Banjo-Fella 24th August 2005 10:56 AM

That black pattern is what appears when Freezeezy Peak's background passes through the game's draw distance. As a result, the N64 stops rendering the outermost part of the 3D background, which gives you that black shape where it's happening. You can try this out in most games, and you'll see a similar effect.

Benjo Koolzooie 24th August 2005 11:42 AM

Similar to Rogue Squadron? When you see for example, the background and it has no detail to it and looks one colour? Then as you draw closer it begins to detail itself?

hatrickpatrick 24th August 2005 07:19 PM

Only one easy way to try and solve THAT one...
Use the Walk through walls to try and get down there. I'm afraid, however, that it looks too far away to reach beforte the level resets, as it does when flying outside the backround, with walk through walls...

mrfleshcadge 24th August 2005 07:37 PM

I have fallen thu it and nothing happens

vaticandrummer 24th August 2005 07:57 PM

Well, it was fun while it lasted... :(

hatrickpatrick 24th August 2005 08:51 PM

Just tried it, and it is, indeed, the end of the backround...
I've been trying to test the RBB picture theory. Is the map we're talking about in the navigation room or the captains cabin? Because, in the PAL rom, there's no map in the captains cabin, just a pic of the ship. The map in the nav room weas confirmed, I thought, NOT to change colour?

micjohvan 24th August 2005 08:58 PM

The X on the map DOES DOES DOES change color. I got the pink egg on my actual cart and the X turned solid black when it was bright red.

dmoss 24th August 2005 09:17 PM

I can confirm that, as well. :)

vaticandrummer 24th August 2005 09:22 PM

Some pics, maybe?

hatrickpatrick 24th August 2005 09:25 PM

Ah
here's the difference: On mine, it was black all the time. On the ROM.

I wonder if that could be because I didnt use the sandcastle code? I warped into sharkfood island, I didnt actually raise it...

hatrickpatrick 25th August 2005 11:54 AM

Can someone give us a pic of the Map with a red X, and tell us which version (NTSC/PAL and 1.0 or 1.1) they were using?

Benjo Koolzooie 25th August 2005 01:29 PM

Yes this map thing needs to be cleared up, offically once and for all. Earlier in this topic it was confirmed to NOT change. So, pictures, game version and the method of collecting the secret item from Sharkfood island. Ie: Codes to warp inside there, sandcastle cheats to raise the island.

hatrickpatrick 25th August 2005 07:35 PM

Ok, I've just cracked the last address in the 1st batch of demo control codes I'm going to release. Just have to make a digits list now...
They'll either be up tonight or in the next day or so...

EDIT: Ok, it's going to take a little longer... These digits are impossible to work out... They do something different each time. With a bit of luck, I'll be able to have the digits list done in a few days. Sorry about yet another delay...

micjohvan 25th August 2005 08:43 PM

The X does change from red to black I have said that like 6 times now. I did it on my normal n64 cart version and I used the sandcastle codes to raise the island. So aside from telling you which version it is that covers everything I think. I would take a pic but I dont have a camera and its on the n64 and not a emulator so I really cant.

Chaos Angel 25th August 2005 08:51 PM

Mine's red and I collected the egg using sandcastle codes. Pic will come later, as I'm able to.