The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Casey 8th September 2005 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tellyjelly
Stop 'N' Get a Life

You had no right to say that. *rolls eyes* If you don't have something nice to say, keep it to yourself. Thanks.

Fenikku 8th September 2005 01:57 AM

Sorry I haven't posted in a while guys, life has been crazy since school started. By the way, I feel obliged as he who restarted this thread to help with hacking in any way possible, and I have lately been Clipping most walls and whathaveyou. I'm here for help.

Kratos_Aurion 12th September 2005 08:31 PM

I just had a random thought while at school...considering I know pretty much nothing about how games work, I could be wrong, but couldn't the Beauty Room doors be similar to the pipe glitch in Super Mario 64? In case you don't know what I'm talking about, they used a Chuckya to go into the pipe in Wet Dry World, and the managed to set it so the loading point didn't load. They just had a blank background inside of the pipe, and they couldn't get to the city. No level geometry. All that they could do was swim. Maybe the Beauty Room doors are like that in reverse. You have to have something for the loading point to load behind the door.

The Jinjo Jinjo 13th September 2005 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kratos_Aurion
I just had a random thought while at school...considering I know pretty much nothing about how games work, I could be wrong, but couldn't the Beauty Room doors be similar to the pipe glitch in Super Mario 64? In case you don't know what I'm talking about, they used a Chuckya to go into the pipe in Wet Dry World, and the managed to set it so the loading point didn't load. They just had a blank background inside of the pipe, and they couldn't get to the city. No level geometry. All that they could do was swim. Maybe the Beauty Room doors are like that in reverse. You have to have something for the loading point to load behind the door.

Yes, This is called a trigger. :rolleyes:

banjooie 13th September 2005 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tellyjelly
Stop 'N' Get a Life

Without sounding rude.. I kinda agree. This whole SNS thing, as much as I was all for it a month or two ago is getting insanely boring and time consuming.. for what?

GameandWatch33 13th September 2005 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banjooie
Without sounding rude.. I kinda agree. This whole SNS thing, as much as I was all for it a month or two ago is getting insanely boring and time consuming.. for what?

I am also not trying to sound rude but, nobdy forces you to read up on this stuff or even click on the topic. That is one of the greatest things about most parts of the world today, your right to choose.

Isaac 13th September 2005 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameandWatch33
I am also not trying to sound rude but, nobdy forces you to read up on this stuff or even click on the topic. That is one of the greatest things about most parts of the world today, your right to choose.

No,I think that he means that there's not any advancement.
It's only theory and always theroy,we don't go far with only theory...

You'll maybe hate me but I really think that S'n'S has been removed from the game.
It's like searching for the Unicorn foutain (the old version of the fairy foutain) in OOT,it's Ereased,nothing else.

Yes,maybe they forget some stuffs like text or items,but nothing else.
I don't even think that the rooms of the S'n'S (if there's any) is still there.

The really job of the S'n'S for now was to try to find them.
That was the last step of B-K and nothing else.

Well yes,maybe in the past,there was a link beetween B-K and B-T and even D-K but now there's nothing.

We will never get farter with only theory,sorry to say that but it's true.

Benjo Koolzooie 14th September 2005 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac
No,I think that he means that there's not any advancement.
It's only theory and always theroy,we don't go far with only theory...

You'll maybe hate me but I really think that S'n'S has been removed from the game.
It's like searching for the Unicorn foutain (the old version of the fairy foutain) in OOT,it's Ereased,nothing else.

Yes,maybe they forget some stuffs like text or items,but nothing else.
I don't even think that the rooms of the S'n'S (if there's any) is still there.

The really job of the S'n'S for now was to try to find them.
That was the last step of B-K and nothing else.

Well yes,maybe in the past,there was a link beetween B-K and B-T and even D-K but now there's nothing.

We will never get farter with only theory,sorry to say that but it's true.

First of all, "You'll hate me but I think sns has been removed" ,what is new? A lot of people are made up on the fact it isn't there in full, a lot of just looking for ways it would have worked and any left overs. Yeah, maybe there will be some text etc, that is all most are searching for anyway.

Theories do get to new places, theories of gameshark codes and events, have actually lead to tiny more bits of knowledge about SNS.

hatrickpatrick 14th September 2005 12:46 PM

I've always said it's probably not fully in BK. All I'm trying to point out is that unless rareware lied flat our from the start, which I still doubt, then the BK end of it has to still be in there. I still dont believe it was removed before BKs release, rather after BK's but before BT's. Whether I'm right or not we'll just have to find out.

thebanjo 14th September 2005 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick
I've always said it's probably not fully in BK. All I'm trying to point out is that unless rareware lied flat our from the start, which I still doubt, then the BK end of it has to still be in there. I still dont believe it was removed before BKs release, rather after BK's but before BT's. Whether I'm right or not we'll just have to find out.

I'm agree with you, why Rare will have removed the S'n'S in 1998, when they thought it could be done.

In my opinion the SnS has been removed after the failure of the 64DD or the "special cadridge".

hatrickpatrick 14th September 2005 07:20 PM

In which case, the beginning of it still should be in BK

GameandWatch33 14th September 2005 08:30 PM

Right, just the BT trigger was taken out of BT, so....what was the code that was to stay in N64 memory from BT, and activate the SNS stuff in BK? Or even the code from DK64 that was to trigger it?

dmoss 17th September 2005 05:43 AM

Hi, guys. I apologize in advance, because I'm almost sure this subject has come up before. I was playing BK at BGS, and I can't remember exactly, but aren't there 4 Croctuses? Order: Blue, Green, Red, Purple. Incidently, these are the egg colors that are in the middle of the SnS screen. I dunno...perhaps we could try getting the eggs in this order? (Like I said, I imagine someone brought this up before...) Could someone at least check it out, though? I don't have a Game Shark. I hope maybe this was helpful in some way!

-daniel

hatrickpatrick 17th September 2005 12:53 PM

Right, folks, I'm back and well.

I dont think the croctus thing has EVER been mentioned, good job spotting it...
I'll have a look later on...

Fenikku 17th September 2005 01:47 PM

Wow, nice observation skills there, dmoss. I'm here to do whatever you guys need, so give me something to do or check with clipping and i'll get right on it.