The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Grey Jinjo 2nd March 2005 02:27 PM

You know, there are three game files. He comments on the first two eggs.

If you get two eggs on gamefile one, then two on gamefile two, then two on gamefile three, will they comment for all of them? Not saying it would be to any benefit, just curious.

hatrickpatrick 5th March 2005 06:48 PM

Damn, I wish I had a cheat cart
I'm gonna buy one next week on ebay and try some of this out...

The Pizza Boy 7th March 2005 03:13 AM

I thought about this for a while, here's what I came up with:

What on Earth would collecting 4 giant eggs have to do with melting an Ice Wall to get an Ice Key?

We know you get unlockables for the eggs and Dragon Kazooie for the Key in BT. But, what if it was originally meant for you to give the eggs to heggy to get dragon kazooie, take dragon kazooie back to BK and melt the door to the ice key, bring the ice key to BT, and get something really really rare?

Of course, I still believe Rare made SNS so they could use it at any time in any game in any way, They started to use it in Donkey Kong, canned it, and decided to use it in BT.

Asterix 7th March 2005 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pizza Boy
We know you get unlockables for the eggs and Dragon Kazooie for the Key in BT. But, what if it was originally meant for you to give the eggs to heggy to get dragon kazooie, take dragon kazooie back to BK and melt the door to the ice key, bring the ice key to BT, and get something really really rare?

wouldn't BK need the image and fire support for dragon kazooie then? which we have no reason to think it has?

Benjo Koolzooie 7th March 2005 11:25 AM

Yes it probably would need it.

I still wonder why Wozza isn't present on the photo mumbo shows? What explinations for this are there?

hatrickpatrick 7th March 2005 06:40 PM

Hmm, never noticed that benjo
An interesting thing is that if you look at the ice wall after typing in the code, it still has glass fragments around the edges
Which implies that there is a cutscene of it being smashed...
A cutscene editor would really,really help us here, but it's damn impossible to find

dmoss 7th March 2005 08:03 PM

Hmmm...

*scratches chin*

Intriguing...I never thought of anything like that; you guys are awesome... :cool:

Benjo Koolzooie 8th March 2005 09:17 AM

Yes, and the ice panel that covers the door is in 2 halves if you use an image mod to change banjo in to one.

Ice Mario 8th March 2005 03:28 PM

Havent any of you seen Gorilla Adventure.avi? :p

hatrickpatrick 8th March 2005 05:34 PM

Yeah actually how did u do that? (where it's there one minute, gone the next)
Most image mods dont take effect unless you exit/ re enter the area...

Banjo-Fella 8th March 2005 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjo Koolzooie
I still wonder why Wozza isn't present on the photo mumbo shows? What explinations for this are there?

Well, I've had a mini-theory about the whole Wozza's Cave thing. If you somehow manage to get into the cave before you get the jiggy from Wozza (something I don't think is possible normally), Wozza won't actually be in the cave. Well, maybe Banjo-Tooie was planned to interact with a lock-on cartridge which would stick between Banjo-Tooie & Banjo-Kazooie. Data such as Wozza's Cave could be loaded into Banjo-Tooie from Banjo-Kazooie's cart, and it could allow you to play there with Banjo-Tooie's physics. I thought at one point that you might be able to get Banjo in there, and use some fire eggs on the Ice Key door, or possibly use the egg aiming to aim an egg through the fire in Wozza's Cave, right at the icy slab blocking entrance to the Ice Key chamber...

Asterix 8th March 2005 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banjo-Fella
Well, maybe Banjo-Tooie was planned to interact with a lock-on cartridge which would stick between Banjo-Tooie & Banjo-Kazooie. Data such as Wozza's Cave could be loaded into Banjo-Tooie from Banjo-Kazooie's cart, and it could allow you to play there with Banjo-Tooie's physics. I thought at one point that you might be able to get Banjo in there, and use some fire eggs on the Ice Key door, or possibly use the egg aiming to aim an egg through the fire in Wozza's Cave, right at the icy slab blocking entrance to the Ice Key chamber...

that's possible... wasn't BT a 64DD game when it was first originally planned? DD or lock-on, either could work the same way...

Zeanith 8th March 2005 09:45 PM

Was it?

Benjo Koolzooie 9th March 2005 10:30 AM

I always imagined (when I first saw the eggs and key secret ending), that the reason Wozza wasn't there is because he was supposed to have perhaps ran in to the glass slab and broke the ice wall.

Those images at the end used on the photographs mumbo shows - how were those scenes created? Does anyone know if they were played by a member of rare and "recorded" then implemented to the ending, or was it programmed? (The fact Wozza isn't there makes me think it was programmed).

Banjo-Fella 9th March 2005 03:20 PM

They were done exactly like the demos were, as far as I know. Somebody acted out those videos by moving Banjo around as you would while playing, and the controller actions were recorded. That's how it's done usually, as far as I know. I've seen them glitch up on occasion, by the way. I once saw Banjo fall all the way to the bottom of the centre pillar of Sharkfood Island while on his way to the top. Naturally, he kept jumping and flip flapping, but seemingly randomly.

I'm not sure about the whole 64DD thing, but it'd make sense. The lock-on cartridge thing would probably work, unless there were some annoying RAM restricitions which would make it hard to do. It's been done before with Sonic & Knuckles...