The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Theguyoverthere 27th March 2006 05:51 AM

Hey! I have a quarter-witted idea! Can someone with a gameshark pro test this out? Cause I have one but I'm too lazy cause the game always freezes and I'm not a very experienced hacker.

Put the code generator ON.
Go to Spiral Mountain.
Go to an area with a BK cartridge.
Break open the BK cartridge, but don't grab the egg.
Do an unknown value search.
Grab the "?" egg
Do a search for "greater than"
Repeat with the other "?" egg in Spiral Mountain.

Hopefully you'll get a low number of results and if you don't try throwing in some "equal to" searches in there.

Now what this does is that, if you can find the right code, that address might be the one that decides what SNS items you have. If the default value is one or two, or one or two hundred, then it might just be. Now change the quanity to something like 5 or 6 or 5 or 600 or just make it higher, and go to your "objects and items" totals page. Maybe you will have otehr secret items like the other three eggs not found in Banjo-Tooie! Kind of crazy, but hay, with a good enough hacker it might uncover something. Or not. Whatever. But consider it.

EDIT: Anyone consider it yet?

Theguyoverthere 29th March 2006 05:40 AM

BUMP even though it's a sticky come on someone has to try this

Yuoko 29th March 2006 12:55 PM

Decent idea, I just need to find my GS...
You know, I just noticed something highly random in the B-K Code Chamber...
You can spell 'Hax", and they're connected..

user1000 29th March 2006 06:07 PM

umm this is kind of off from what you guys have been talking about the last few pages, but i was playing GFF and the question was whos voice is this, the answers were :

captain blubber the hippo (correct)
someone else
Captain Blackeye the Pirate

weird no?

dmoss 29th March 2006 06:22 PM

Weird...that's kind of interesting. I think I do recall seeing that in the game, as well. I think the Rare squad likes to keep some original ideas in their final products, just for a retrospect view. An insider joke, if you will. :)

-Daniel, :banjo

Icy Guy 29th March 2006 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuoko
Decent idea, I just need to find my GS...
You know, I just noticed something highly random in the B-K Code Chamber...
You can spell 'Hax", and they're connected..

Back in the day (2002 - I feel old now), someone_cuckoo pointed out that you can also spell "hoax."

Naturally, everyone except me forgets about stuff like that. I only remembered it because I wrote about it in my school's literary mag a few years ago. ;)

hatrickpatrick 30th March 2006 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theguyoverthere
Hey! I have a quarter-witted idea! Can someone with a gameshark pro test this out? Cause I have one but I'm too lazy cause the game always freezes and I'm not a very experienced hacker.

Put the code generator ON.
Go to Spiral Mountain.
Go to an area with a BK cartridge.
Break open the BK cartridge, but don't grab the egg.
Do an unknown value search.
Grab the "?" egg
Do a search for "greater than"
Repeat with the other "?" egg in Spiral Mountain.

Hopefully you'll get a low number of results and if you don't try throwing in some "equal to" searches in there.

Now what this does is that, if you can find the right code, that address might be the one that decides what SNS items you have. If the default value is one or two, or one or two hundred, then it might just be. Now change the quanity to something like 5 or 6 or 5 or 600 or just make it higher, and go to your "objects and items" totals page. Maybe you will have otehr secret items like the other three eggs not found in Banjo-Tooie! Kind of crazy, but hay, with a good enough hacker it might uncover something. Or not. Whatever. But consider it.

EDIT: Anyone consider it yet?

This is EXACTLY what I've been trying to get done recently, both this and the hidden silos are my 2 main points of investigation at the moment...

Unfortunately, Doing this is impossible in BT until I can find a decent enable code - so far I haven't been able to get one but there IS one in the NTSC version, so there must be a PAL one as well...

Anyone have ny luck with the code for the silos?

Theguyoverthere 31st March 2006 01:01 AM

What's the one for the NTSC version? I have it and I can't hack Banjo-TOoie cause of stupid freezes! And I really wanna find the moon jump as well.

TwoFinger 31st March 2006 01:02 AM

you know what,I think that the eggs you can get in BT are the ones you dont have to get in BK

Theguyoverthere 31st March 2006 01:15 AM

That is a great idea!!! And it makes sense! If SnS actually took place then why transfer 6 eggs from BK to BT when you already have 3? I bet you were meant to transfer the ones that weren't in BT so u could have them.

GREAT IDEA TwoFinger!

TwoFinger 31st March 2006 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theguyoverthere
That is a great idea!!! And it makes sense! If SnS actually took place then why transfer 6 eggs from BK to BT when you already have 3? I bet you were meant to transfer the ones that weren't in BT so u could have them.

GREAT IDEA TwoFinger!

My first post, and I was complimented thx w00t

Theguyoverthere 31st March 2006 05:47 AM

Now that we have a theory, we need a way to test it. Now, who's a great hacker?

icegod 31st March 2006 10:52 AM

They were prob just added caus they promised you would get them in BK. I think they don't have anything to do with sns.

JaredDSMan 31st March 2006 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by user1000
umm this is kind of off from what you guys have been talking about the last few pages, but i was playing GFF and the question was whos voice is this, the answers were :

captain blubber the hippo (correct)
someone else
Captain Blackeye the Pirate

weird no?

Yeah, there are a lot of instances of this while playing GFF. I remember one being Who is the shaman that transforms you?" Mumbo Jumbo, Mingy Jongo, Humba Wumba. "Who are the little colorful things in every world?" Minjos, Jinjos, Frinjos These are not exact questions but the answers do give some BT names in it.

Theguyoverthere 31st March 2006 10:03 PM

But does anyone know the enable code for BT for the NTSC version?