The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

jiggytron 17th April 2005 02:05 AM

Maybe when the cut scenes appear they wipe the codes out so you dont have to collect them first if you get me at all sorry but im not a game techie person lo

Did the older n64's have a slot thing at the bottom that was never used cos i remember some metal slots comingout of the bottom or were these used for the 64DD ?

Hakey Wake 17th April 2005 02:27 AM

That was for the 64DD.

As soon as you turn the N64 on it checks to see if somethings in the port on the top, then it checks the one on the bottom, they're both identical slots though I believe the top one may be a bit wider.

Hylian1 17th April 2005 09:42 AM

DK64 Manual. Cranky Kong: "Now where did they put that level i designed? Hmm... I can't seem to find it. It was called the "Great Girder Grapple" as I remember. Ooooh, I must have spent at least 3 minutes working on it. I even drew them a fancy little picture. Bah! It must have been too good for them. The kids would have refused to play their fancy 3-D levels once they'd gotten a taste of my 2-D girder action! Don't give up hope though; they might have hidden it somewhere like a precious gem, hoping that no one will ever find it..."

^THAT is your secret level everyone. 'Great Girder Grapple'. And where is it? Hidden somewhere in DK 64...

Also, on another note, is that mysterious pic from the Nintendo Power magazine that Subdrag scanned. You can see it on the RWP beta page for Banjo-Tooie. Very odd indeed as to how and WHY those letters are highlighted. And that's AFTER the game was released to boot, cause it's in a strategy guide...

Perhaps it's high time i revive Stop N Swop Station over at Rare-Elite ...

Shade 18th April 2005 05:24 AM

This is my first post here, but I've been visiting the site for years, trying to figure out the whole SNS thing myself, and reading all 16 pages of this one thread. Took me two sittings lol. Anyway, here's the ideas I came up with after reading all of this:

1. It's possible Rare only put 4 eggs in GBTG, knowing that only 4 are needed for the secret, but thinking we would never figure that out.

2. As for the eggs spinning, maybe they need to be collected in order from slowest to fastest egg, or vice versa?

3. As for the cutscenes when you kill the Big Cluckers outside of Lick Clock Wood- Is it possible that since the SNS eggs are EGGS that these birds were originally supposed to lay/hatch them? Were they supposed to reveal where each egg was or give you the codes for them? Or maybe each bird corresponds to one egg, and you have to kill the bird and then get the corresponding egg and continue the process until you have them all. Maybe you have to kill them in a certain order to get them to say where the eggs are. Seems like there could be a link here, but chances are there's no connection at all lol.

4. Someone posted this before I got to, but since Mumbo says they are the secrets you missed, maybe you have to get them before you beat the game, or you will only be shown the real way to get them from a certain character or event before you beat the game.

5. Has anyone tried to hack Conker's Bad Fur Day to get the windmill level? There are pictures of the windmill in the main room of Mad Monster Mansion. Could this be because Rare likes to make hints of their other games (i.e. the Jet Force Gemini posters in BT) or does it link to SNS? After all, pictures of Blackeye are in the same room. It's going out on a limb here, but maybe SNS involves BT, DK64, and CBFD. It will be interesting if the windmill level is in Conker Live and Reloaded.

6. That secret level that Cranky talks about in the DK64 instruction manual is just the original Donkey Kong Arcade game. It's 2D, has tons of girders, and isn't necessary to get 100% completion of the game. It may not be hidden well, but people without the strategy guide or the internet probably wouldn't have thought that it would give you a coin when you beat it.

7. Maybe the 2 eggs we don't need are the 2 in MMM since it's the only level with 2 eggs. Plus, the egg on Loggo seems non sequitur and the egg in the barrel has its own special coding and stuff, which makes them both the 2 odd ones out.

8. If I'm remembering correctly, the SNS eggs are the same colors as the Jinjos with one extra color. Could there be a connection there? Maybe if you fight Gruntilda with the eggs the giant Jinjo statues will do something different?

Well, it's all wishful thinking, but what isn't at this point. Hope I helped out and maybe got us closer to solving the mystery.

Hollow Note 18th April 2005 05:03 PM

If you pay VERY close attention to what mumbo says at the end of the game, he says in order for the "secret" to happen you have to first get the pink egg, the ice key, and then the blue egg. I wonder what happens if you only get those and then beat the game...

PaintGamma 18th April 2005 06:23 PM

Here's an idea! First, beat the game and let Mumbo show you the secret photos. Second, do what Hollow Note said and get the Pink Egg First, then the Ice Key, then the Blue Egg. Try beating the game again and see what Mumbo says.

Ratabulous 18th April 2005 06:57 PM

He says you need to get the pink egg, the ice key, and then the blue egg because they are chronologically in order.
Hey, what about only getting the secret items when your in that particular level? You know, wait until your IN Treasure Trove Cove, and then go get the pink egg? When you reach Freezeezy peak, go get the ice key, etc. See if Mumbo says anything different. It's possible. Of course...anything's possible at RWP.

MWAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

PaintGamma 18th April 2005 07:16 PM

I wonder why they never put an egg in Bubblegloop swamp ethier. Well, I'm guessing Banjo Threeie will solve the answer to the SnS...

Klungo 19th April 2005 01:37 AM

Has anyone ever wondered about the pointless room under the water in Wazza's Cave?

Ratabulous 19th April 2005 04:09 AM

Klungo, are we even in the same universe?
there's no pointless room in Wozza's Cave, *is there???*

Meow Mixer 19th April 2005 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shade
3. As for the cutscenes when you kill the Big Cluckers outside of Lick Clock Wood-

I don't know if theres a level where you Lick a clock. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratabulous
Klungo, are we even in the same universe?
there's no pointless room in Wozza's Cave, *is there???*

Ya know the one with the empty honey comb piece in it. It had no real big reason to be there.

Hakey Wake 19th April 2005 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meow Mixer
Ya know the one with the empty honey comb piece in it. It had no real big reason to be there.

I think you just answered your own question.

hatrickpatrick 19th April 2005 07:58 PM

Hold on, he has a point
There are some fairly useless rooms in BK, like the crews quarters in RBB, the room with blackeye's pic on it, the machine room...
I've always thought those doors in the machine room could be triggered, u know...

Banjo-Fella 20th April 2005 12:23 AM

You know, some of those rooms you mentioned did actually have some notes in them, making them far from useless, but there were some seemingly pointless rooms.

Banjo's Banjo 20th April 2005 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klungo
Has anyone ever wondered about the pointless room under the water in Wazza's Cave?

Been there, done that in normal BK mode (without the walrus morph you normally need to get back there.) without a GC. Trust me, there's nothing major back there. Plus the camera angle really sucks in there as well.

As for the other rooms, there always has to be various places that just serve as game filler in order to store notes and such. I wouldn't read too much into them really. (There are some exceptions however.)