The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   DK64 Levels, could they be originally for BK1? (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29782)

SILENCE!!! 24th May 2009 05:25 PM

DK64 Levels, could they be originally for BK1?

I was just going through my mind when I found Dk64. The Levels were aewsome, especially FungiForest, CrystalCaverns, and CreepyCastle. But then I remembered that FungiForest was possibly orignially made for the First Banjo-Kazooie. So, ok, that was interesting. but then i realized, The other two levels, CrystalCaves and CreepyCastle, since those two levels don't seem "Dk-ish" could they have been levels originally for BK1?

Angry Ancestor 24th May 2009 06:37 PM

Well what determines a level to be "Dk-ish" or not?

Breegullbeak 24th May 2009 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bessie-higgen (Post 599040)
Well what determines a level to be "Dk-ish" or not?

Code:

Bananas x trees^2 is > 472
It must make this formula true.

Banjo-Korezooie 24th May 2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SILENCE!!! (Post 598995)
I was just going through my mind when I found Dk64. The Levels were aewsome, especially FungiForest, CrystalCaverns, and CreepyCastle. But then I remembered that FungiForest was possibly orignially made for the First Banjo-Kazooie. So, ok, that was interesting. but then i realized, The other two levels, CrystalCaves and CreepyCastle, since those two levels don't seem "Dk-ish" could they have been levels originally for BK1?

Doubtful, considering those levels are common themes on any Nintendo 64 game and there's really no other reason to think they would have been in Banjo-Kazooie.

Besides, Donkey Kong Country had caves, don't you remember the mine cart levels?

BTW, Fungi Forest was announced to originally have been for Banjo-Kazooie, so it's official.

Silver Glaceon 24th May 2009 08:40 PM

This Does Make Sense,Creepy Castle Is Far Too Puzzle-ish for DK64

Deebs 25th May 2009 02:22 PM

Of course they're similar. Both games were made by Rare!

SILENCE!!! 27th May 2009 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banjo-Korezooie (Post 599111)
Besides, Donkey Kong Country had caves, don't you remember the mine cart levels?

not made of cryatal, besides, the mine cart levels, if they were originally form BK, could have been added...

Banjo-Korezooie 27th May 2009 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SILENCE!!! (Post 600641)
not made of cryatal, besides, the mine cart levels, if they were originally form BK, could have been added...

Actually, if I recall there are crystal segments in some of the cave/mine cart levels (or maybe they were just purple stalactites), though I hardly see how crystals being in the cave levels really matters in terms of the level being "DK-ish" or not in the first place..

What? How could the mine cart levels be from Banjo-Kazooie? They were made before the game even came out, in sidescrolling form, on the SNES..

As DragonBottles said, both games were made by Rare. They were also made around the same time, on the same system, with the same genre, and the same basic universe style. So of course they're going to be similar (especially since that was the DK universe's first 3D conversion).

runehero123 27th May 2009 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SILENCE!!
The other two levels, CrystalCaves and CreepyCastle, since those two levels don't seem "Dk-ish" could they have been levels originally for BK1?

Why don't they seem "DK-ish"? Those two types of levels have appeared in past DKC games.

How could you tell these levels were originally from BK? Let's assume there was no mention of Fungi Forest as a level originally in Banjo-Kazooie. What are some things you would point out that seperate it from the rest of the levels in DK64?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Glaceon
This Does Make Sense,Creepy Castle Is Far Too Puzzle-ish for DK64

Probably because it's the last full level in the game(not counting hideout helm). As you progress through a game, the difficulty should increase as well as having more complex puzzles to solve...