The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rare & Playtonic (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Donkey Kong Country Returns! FINALLY (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38625)

GameMasterGuy 1st September 2010 07:45 PM

Not sure, ask Geno. He was the one who re-typed the article.

Starblazer 1st September 2010 11:46 PM

No Cranky = WTF?

Sonic Colors is looking so good right now. :/

Mandolin 2nd September 2010 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameMasterGuy (Post 838962)
Not sure, ask Geno. He was the one who re-typed the article.

How 'bout it, Geno? ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galactic Mario (Post 839174)
No Cranky = WTF?

Sonic Colors is looking so good right now. :/

You're still blowing my mind, man.

How you can even consider buying a 3D Sonic game over a new goddamn Donkey Kong Country is beyond me, Cranky or no Cranky.

Starblazer 2nd September 2010 12:46 AM

Dude. DUDEDUDEDUDEDUDE. DUDE. Have you SEEN the gameplay videos? Have you HEARD the voice work and music? Have you WATCHED the trailers? HONEST TO GOD EFFORT. From Sonic Team-- SONIC TEAM! The same Sonic Team that's been delivering shit to our doormats for the last 10 years! THEY'RE WORKING HARD! FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE F**KING ADVENTURE 2! HOW COULD YOU PASS THAT UP? I know SEGA's been the bearer of shitty titles for the last decade, but Jesus, man at least RENT it!

Honestly, DKCR is... lackluster in my opinion. Sonic Colors features... EFFORT. 'Tis all I say.

Zondekel 2nd September 2010 12:50 AM

IT WASN'T CONFIRMING THAT THERE WERE NO KONGS.

I have the same article- all it says is that the team at Nintendo Power hadn't encountered any Kong members (which, if I remember correctly, they seemed pleased about). It doesn't confirm that there are no Kongs, just that the demo the Nintendo Power team played, which was probably the E3 demo, didn't have Kongs in it. No confirmation.

Mandolin 2nd September 2010 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galactic Mario (Post 839236)
Dude. DUDEDUDEDUDEDUDE. DUDE. Have you SEEN the gameplay videos? Have you HEARD the voice work and music? Have you WATCHED the trailers? HONEST TO GOD EFFORT. From Sonic Team-- SONIC TEAM! The same Sonic Team that's been delivering shit to our doormats for the last 10 years! THEY'RE WORKING HARD! FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE F**KING ADVENTURE 2! HOW COULD YOU PASS THAT UP? I know SEGA's been the bearer of shitty titles for the last decade, but Jesus, man at least RENT it!

Honestly, DKCR is... lackluster in my opinion. Sonic Colors features... EFFORT. 'Tis all I say.

But DKCR is a Donkey Kong Country game, and Donkey Kong Country has never delivered anything less than 100% pure, unadulterated, distilled awesome. The same goes, I understand, for Retro Studios, so put two and two together. Sonic Colors, on the other hand, has terrible precedent (I didn't really like SA2B, honestly), and whenever I look at promotional stuff, all I see is the first stage of the Sonic Fan Cycle again. I mean, I hope it delivers, but I wouldn't bet on it.

TRBB 2nd September 2010 01:28 AM

Ahem. What everyone is saying, GM, is that we haven't had a new DKC game since 1996. Sonic has at least one game a year and doesn't have a good rep right now. That's all. I respect your opinion of the Sonic series and so does everyone else. They just haven't seen a familar face in a long time. It's all hype. :)

HomsaHedgehog 2nd September 2010 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galactic Mario (Post 839236)
Dude. DUDEDUDEDUDEDUDE. DUDE. Have you SEEN the gameplay videos? Have you HEARD the voice work and music? Have you WATCHED the trailers? HONEST TO GOD EFFORT. From Sonic Team-- SONIC TEAM! The same Sonic Team that's been delivering shit to our doormats for the last 10 years! THEY'RE WORKING HARD! FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE F**KING ADVENTURE 2! HOW COULD YOU PASS THAT UP? I know SEGA's been the bearer of shitty titles for the last decade, but Jesus, man at least RENT it!

Honestly, DKCR is... lackluster in my opinion. Sonic Colors features... EFFORT. 'Tis all I say.

SC is looking bad. DKCR has effort done to it. Why promise this and not deliver something good?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRBB (Post 839268)
Ahem. What everyone is saying, GM, is that we haven't had a new DKC game since 1996. Sonic has at least one game a year and doesn't have a good rep right now. That's all. I respect your opinion of the Sonic series and so does everyone else. They just haven't seen a familar face in a long time. It's all hype. :)

This.

InTrepidCognito 2nd September 2010 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galactic Mario (Post 839236)
Dude. DUDEDUDEDUDEDUDE. DUDE. Have you SEEN the gameplay videos? Have you HEARD the voice work and music? Have you WATCHED the trailers? HONEST TO GOD EFFORT. From Sonic Team-- SONIC TEAM! The same Sonic Team that's been delivering shit to our doormats for the last 10 years! THEY'RE WORKING HARD! FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE F**KING ADVENTURE 2! HOW COULD YOU PASS THAT UP? I know SEGA's been the bearer of shitty titles for the last decade, but Jesus, man at least RENT it!

Honestly, DKCR is... lackluster in my opinion. Sonic Colors features... EFFORT. 'Tis all I say.

THE SOMETHING SOMETHING LIGHT
THE COLORS FEEL SO RIGHT

I gave up after that blasted on the Nintendo Channel. I highly doubt this or Sonic 4 will be anything interesting.

Kain Horward 2nd September 2010 07:07 AM

BOXART!!!!!!!!!!

http://gamefly.gameflycdn.com/images.../e/143765e.jpg

I see Rambi!!!

Your fears about the animal buddies can be put to rest Mando :D

Bottles98 2nd September 2010 08:15 AM

RAMBIIIIIIIIIIIII

I am so happy. :D

Tee-Hee 2nd September 2010 01:51 PM

Hotsauce :D I likey :3

Mandolin 2nd September 2010 06:04 PM

Oh, puh-raise Juh-HEY-sus!! Rambi!! I... cannot resist... must dance the happy dance...

WHO WILL JOIN MEH!!? :D

Dukemike 2nd September 2010 07:08 PM

I knew it all along.

You guys just don't get it.

Nintendo shows you the gist of a game at first, and to keep the hype up, they gradually release more classified content to let out your inner fanboy.

This may last several years.

But it works every time.

TRBB 2nd September 2010 09:13 PM

RANBI! He looks...kind of bored...Why didn't they just use his DK Barrel Blast design?

http://www.mariowiki.com/images/b/b9...rrel_Blast.jpg


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.