The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

maypep_necro 24th May 2006 09:34 PM

Well, it's a try! Who knows?

Go_Nosis 24th May 2006 10:16 PM

Out of complete boredom, I emailed rare claiming to be a dying child in search of the answer to Stop n Swop. I also am in the process of tracking down head of Rareware, Tim Stampers, phone number and address so I can hold his children for ransom in exchange for the answer.

in case you can't tell, im jokin. but i do have several ideas, but all of them involve serious game tweaking in tooie, something i'm not very proficient at.

so heres what I'm lookin at if anyone who IS good wants to give it a shot.

ok well, rather than post a list. one at a time, here. Bottles' house during the party sequence. The warp code takes you right into the house as it normally is, so this was dropped. But i'm not done yet. during the party sequence, the value of the house could have been changed ENTIRELY (think if there are decorations and all that) so i want to see someone get through that door using whatever means necessary!

so theres your homework, everyone.

digidestind 24th May 2006 11:16 PM

Finished!

I used the moon jump, and I fell right onto the hallway in the house. Then I proceeded to enter the house. What I saw was amazing.... It was bottle's family sitting around a dinner table. On the table was a black sns egg! Just kidding. Actually it was his normal house. and everything was as it was before they locked you out.

pinkbull 25th May 2006 01:10 AM

Hmmm... Inverted music is great and funny. But on a related note. I interwebed some mail to the Rare scribes. It was asking the reason why SnS was taken out a somewhat despirate plea for BK3 and noting how we were like chickens with chickens with feed whenever they put in SnS information in a quick last minute try for some information. The chickens being us and the feed being SnS info. And a good idea to save for later. If SnS is in a uncompleted form. Mabe just MABE we could hack and reprogram a BK and BT ROM to fill in the missing code. Of course this would be next to impossible without extensive programming, reverse engineering, coffee and time. Although it might not even be possible then even to do that. It's a good idea if people were payed for this. Sadly they don't.
Note:60 of 158 on The SnS summery. Expect the link this Saterday morning

samf 25th May 2006 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaredDSMan
Hmm. I am not sure if doing anything to the songs will make us understand SnS any clearer. :confused: The Mumbo Chant just sounds like a ritual of some sort. How about when he has the flower at the Game Over screen? There was techically no reason for Mumbo to be there. LoL!

Oh yea, I am going to look for in-game text that may match the SnS codes.

The mumbo chant is saying

"*** if you think you're hard enough" No I'm Not joking. That was revelealed some time ago.

When he talks, it's that, scrambled.

maypep_necro 25th May 2006 03:10 AM

No but seriously, wich1? Fan-Fare?

xtreme6789v2 25th May 2006 05:48 AM

In regards to this reversed music, there are plenty of freeware programs you should use to mess with these sound files. I suggest Goldwave. It comes with a free trial version that allows all the features (just a limit of clicks that only pops up screens). It can also be run under some Linux OS under WINE (older versions), or else Audacity is another good one in general.

Again, these may or may not have any relevance to SNS, so please refrain from posting further in this topic unless it is big and relevant to SNS as a whole. If a search continues, please do it in a separate forum. Not only that, but I believe I recall a similar suggestion before and nothing was found then.

Lately, I have not seen much progress in here. If Rare took out these features, or hid them extremely well, then there is likely to be remnants. Search both games, level by level, bit by bit. Try beating the game again, and then going after beating the game. If you are not willing to take your time in this process, then please do not say you are part of the "search for SNS." Keep at your work, keep coming up with ideas... ideas are good. Just make sure they are logical. Too much joking has been occuring in this forum, and it should probably stop. Only post relevant information. Message people elsewhere. Just remember, keep your mind and eyes open... happy searching fellow SnS'ers!

Go_Nosis 25th May 2006 12:37 PM

Wow, thanks digidestined. I don't think I have any other missions right now. Basic out-of-level scoping in some of the more suspicious areas discussed on the boards sounds pretty good, though. Try alot of the stages, because you can get out of pretty much any "world map" area with the bee transform code.

DavidNel 25th May 2006 05:21 PM

Hey, well this is my first post on this site, but I have been looking in here for a while. I was wondering if anyone has ever just gone to the SNS screen and just swiched the games?! I don't have BT, so I can't try. Just didn't know if anyone has tried this yet.

I noticed one other thing, in CCW I noticed a long green line in the background near mumbo's house in the fall. Don't know if it means anything, but it is the only thing helpful I can think to add.

slaphappy 25th May 2006 05:38 PM

Welcome.

Yes, it has been tried by many, unsuccessfully. I have hot swapped, held down reset and hot swapped, and cold swapped with no luck. The general consensus is that the coding to handle the swapping is not in BT.

pinkbull 26th May 2006 01:37 AM

Although this might not be anything but has anyone noticed how the Sandcastle code place is directly across from Sharkfood island? It think this is no coincidence but I really dont know. Mabe VP (the now official abriviation for viva pinata) will contain SnS referencees because of its gaining popularity and to fool with us. Just keep an eye out for it once it comes out for that.

ChillyDark 26th May 2006 05:40 AM

We should help hatrick, and slaphappy out, by getting a hacking program, one that isn't Emucheat, or Nemu, they are hard to use, if you can't use the memory editor that is.

Yuoko 27th May 2006 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChillyDark
We should help hatrick, and slaphappy out, by getting a hacking program, one that isn't Emucheat, or Nemu, they are hard to use, if you can't use the memory editor that is.

I honestly see no purpose in doing so...
Banjo-Kazooie has been pretty much hacked to the point there's nothing left, and Banjo-Tooie?
Dynamic Memory, Incidental Fail-safe, etc. all play a factor as to why hacking Banjo-Tooie is not practical.
Unless, of course, you want Hatrick to dissappear for Five Years... :rolleyes:

pinkbull 27th May 2006 07:55 AM

Hmmm...Mabe Rare has a member on this site just to toy with us. And mabe just mabe they could be helping us by acting like an innocent and pointing us in general direction with different theories. Although this may be an idea created from running on pop-tarts and Mt. Dew at 2 AM in the morning. Also I'm going to try and finish the summery by 8 or 9 am Central US time. A little spoiler for you is that this theory branches out to not getting a certain 2 jiggies in BK and gets snapped of the theory tree very quickly.
EDIT:At the time of this writing I'm 1000 posts in

slaphappy 27th May 2006 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuoko
I honestly see no purpose in doing so...
Banjo-Kazooie has been pretty much hacked to the point there's nothing left

It's hard to respond to this without flaming, but I'll do my best.

Unless I'm mistaken, this is a site dedicated to BK/BT hacking. People should be encouraged to do so, not discouraged. Just because many things have been discovered, it doesn't mean someone won't come along, take a different apporach and stumble on to something new. I personally feel there is more to uncover, and as the saying goes, I'd rather be an optimist and wrong, than a pessimist and right.

There, that wasn't so bad. ;)