The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   effect on your psyche? (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=717)

cyberen 14th March 2004 04:50 PM

effect on your psyche?

I was wondering if the news that SnS is no more has affected your mind in any way. If it is I must be very hardcore.

I had a couple of dreams:

The first one was discovering in another part of Grunty's Lair that the key to Stop n' Swop was these giant stone rings behind the gates.....

The one I had last night was where I took a tour of Rareware myself and asked the tour guide "was Stop n Swop abandoned because of the absence of the 64DD Disk Drive?" and he said "yes".

I've had so many B-K related dreams over the years it's frightening.

Coolboyman 14th March 2004 06:17 PM

i had a few dreams 2 years ago. Very crazzie dreams too...

EvilPsycho 14th March 2004 08:09 PM

that news about SnS doesn't disappoint me i doesn't exactly mean SnS is gone.

Besides it still hasn't affected my lifestyle besides the fact that i am................

*hey pass me a glass of rwp punch NOW!*

Hakey Wake 14th March 2004 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bullcrap1009
i doesn't exactly mean SnS is gone.

What you say?

Gold Jinjo 14th March 2004 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hakey Wake
What you say?
He set up us the bomb.

Casey 14th March 2004 09:27 PM

All your base are belong to us. :p Couldn't resist.

Anyways... I say that SnS is over and done with. I really didn't worry too much about it in the first place... but still, it was pretty interesting. :p

EvilPsycho 14th March 2004 11:37 PM

Has every member of RWP drinked the punch because everyone thinks SnS is gone!

breegull_master 15th March 2004 12:30 AM

:eek: :eek: :eek: Well, I think you've had enough punch for today...

Coolboyman 15th March 2004 01:22 AM

well it defidentally worked for rareware, it got us to play more.

EvilPsycho 15th March 2004 03:08 AM

i think there should be a petition to stop the creationn of the RWP punch!

Gold Jinjo 15th March 2004 03:16 AM

Quote:

i think there should be a petition to stop the creationn of the RWP punch!
Great, where do I sign? And does this petition also stop the discussion of said punch? ;)

cyberen 15th March 2004 03:57 AM

If you were to ask anyone who the most fervent believer of Stop n Swop's existence is, the answer would be me. But it seems from the interview and articles that it's a pretty closed case.

Such a shame that such a technological treat was never meant to be.....

EvilPsycho 15th March 2004 02:00 PM

agh ah ah................................................ ............ *30 minutes later*

everyone is against me!!!

I guess if i ever find out how to use it!! I aint telling anyone besides the people i know believe in SnS and i fthey tell any one!!!
Whew dang punch.

Roystein 17th March 2004 08:32 AM

Sober up bullcrap... you sound drunker than me...:D

Nicholas_98 17th March 2004 09:27 AM

The only effect this news had on me was the 'happy effect'. I was seriously hoping people would shut up about it now, but I suppose that wont happen until another 6 years has gone by.:rolleyes: Meh, now I feel bad about doubting Bolt a long while back... but I suppose that can't be helped now. >_o

Hakey Wake 17th March 2004 03:40 PM

Quote:

Has every member of RWP drinked the punch
You know what you doing!

MonkeyforaHead 21st March 2004 05:48 AM

Move "ZIG". For great justice.

[SIZE=1]Ah, aren't overdone clichés grand?[/SIZE] :p

cyberen 25th March 2004 05:29 PM

no. no they aren't.

Coolboyman 26th March 2004 03:05 AM

cant AYB just die?

Hakey Wake 26th March 2004 03:06 PM

Can't SNS just die?

R Hunter 26th March 2004 05:16 PM

according to rare it already has

Hakey Wake 26th March 2004 09:43 PM

So what are all these topics about then?

golden jiggy 27th March 2004 04:11 PM

Inside our minds... they dont really exist.

(I bet this topic will be locked pretty soon now, any point it may have ever had no longer exists.)

P.o.t.O 27th March 2004 10:41 PM

And Gaming Master thought my poll on a favorite game-like topic was pointless...

Erm...anyhoo, Rare has ways to screw with our mind. I figure that eventually, the manipulators formally known as Rare will have discretely brainwashed us, and we won't stop thinking about video games...even though we already do think about video games all the time...uh...yeah.

And besides, with Bill Gates at the reins, their manipulation and persuation powers are doubled if not tripled.

*raises glass of RWPF Punch*

A toast! To Rare and Bill Gates, may their persuasive powers control us all.

golden jiggy 28th March 2004 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P.o.t.O
And Gaming Master thought my poll on a favorite game-like topic was pointless....

And so did PotO... he said so himself. :rolleyes:

Quote:

, I thought that it was time to add another totally pointless topic for totally pointless posting.

P.o.t.O 28th March 2004 11:33 PM

yes, I was proud of it's pointlessness.

Gaming Master2k 30th March 2004 04:42 AM

Honestly PotO I would have preferred yours than another one that is still going but since I have seen Gold post in it and I'm not the only person who can lock a topic I let that one go. Although I couldn't help having my say in your poll before I locked it :D.

This one will be locked if it keeps going the way it is, but if it just dies down or hops back on track than It wont be.

P.o.t.O 30th March 2004 05:05 AM

Well, Thanks GM2k. You've made me feel better :)

Now that this thing is hopelessly off-topic, Let moi try to bring it back ON topic.

So exactly why DO we dream and daydream about these things that we know no longer nor ever will exist?

cyberen 30th March 2004 07:41 PM

it's called wish fufillment. Freud made remarkable research in that field.

So when I dream about finding the key to SnS, it's because I wish it would happen.

golden jiggy 30th March 2004 07:41 PM

Quote:

Well, Thanks GM2k. You've made me feel better :)

Now that this thing is hopelessly off-topic, Let moi try to bring it back ON topic.

So exactly why DO we dream and daydream about these things that we know no longer nor ever will exist?

Because some people want it so bad to be true.

If you think about it how "great" would it have been? You swap over to another game and what do you get? A new world, bottles revenge. It isnt that great when you think about it.

R Hunter 2nd April 2004 12:31 AM

Myabe so But at least that's better the the utter crap they gave us in Tooie

cyberen 2nd April 2004 08:04 PM

You see, part of the human psyche is to want things that are out of reach. For example, if you wanted to see someone naked, even the slightest bit of exposure would be exciting, but if you saw them walk around naked all the time, it wouldn't be so exciting. But even if SnS and all that stuff actually happened, it would still be a nifty mini-game.

golden jiggy 3rd April 2004 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberen
You see, part of the human psyche is to want things that are out of reach.

What, like me wanting sanity?

;)

I guess your right, most of the interest and hype about SNS is because we can't have it. People probably would have stopped talking about it pretty quick if everyone had it.