The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rare & Playtonic (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Sea of Thieves Announced (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54195)

Andre 15th June 2015 06:47 PM

Sea of Thieves Announced

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGN
Rare has announced Sea of Thieves, a first-person, multiplayer pirate adventure game coming to Xbox One and PC Holiday 2016.

The brief trailer showed a pirate exploring a jungle, meeting up with allies, and taking to the seas to siege other ships. Rare explains, "Plot your course and set sail for hidden riches. Navigate the perils of a fantastical world and the danger of rival crews."

qwertykins76 15th June 2015 06:53 PM

I were in this fine game....

Walecs 15th June 2015 07:05 PM

Once, I had a dream...

dmoss 15th June 2015 07:13 PM

Looked terrible. I'm over it. They broke me. Satisfied, Microsoft??

The Banjonator 15th June 2015 07:16 PM

Looks boring to me. But it's not kinect crap so I'm happy!

Breegullbeak 15th June 2015 07:20 PM

If anything this reveal has proven one thing. There are two types of Rare fans. Pessimists and optimists. I'm excited to see what comes of this game. It could be what Project Dream initially set out to be.

BanjoPL 15th June 2015 07:22 PM

Remake of Dream? Looks promising.

NeoGC 15th June 2015 07:31 PM

"I bet the RWP is super negative about the new Rare game even though there was hardly information released!" I said as I opened RWP on my tablet.

Don't make me right guys, please.

I'll admit that it doesn't look like the most unique idea I've ever seen but I have a feeling this is a step in the right direction. Rare isn't making some garbage for Kinect! They're making an actual game! Hooray!

BellyButtonLint 15th June 2015 07:34 PM

I think it looks pretty great. I wonder if you can jump?

Twi 15th June 2015 07:40 PM

I think it looks great because Rare does Pirates great. However it seems to be playing it a little safe. Because no one with an Xbox One would dare play Yooka-Laylee obviously.

Andre 15th June 2015 07:48 PM

I don't get the disappointment. I know we all wanted Banjo, but this is almost better. A whole new IP created by Rare. We don't have any details yet, so chill out peeps.

Announcement Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z48qvGsA_0

qwertykins76 15th June 2015 07:53 PM

I'm surprised Rare didn't create a pirate game sooner.

Scrubber 15th June 2015 08:11 PM

Looks boring and I don't like online multiplayer games but this is DEFINITELY a step in the right direction. No kinect can only be a good thing.

That new logo BTW looks ace, were slowly turning rare back to what it was

qwertykins76 15th June 2015 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrubber (Post 1242722)
That new logo BTW looks ace, were slowly turning rest back to what it was

Man and I thought *I* was a bad speller.

Edit: You don't get to correct your past mistakes. EVERYONE KNOWS NOW.

Final Smash 15th June 2015 08:16 PM

I will admit that I was a bit disappointed, but I have no negative feelings toward the new game. I would like to see more information about it though. Did the trailer confirm Xbox exclusivity or will it also be on Windows?

EDIT: Windows is included, just checked the website.

qwertykins76 15th June 2015 08:20 PM

Popping into the game's website and looking around, I'm actually really looking forward to this game. If it looks and plays like it seems it will, I'll buy it in an instant.

I feel as though this game is something Rare has been wanting to make for a very long time.

The Colonel 15th June 2015 08:52 PM

Game doesn't interest me, but it gives me far less reason to be jaded and cynical than Kinect Sports 4.

Monkey Boy 64 15th June 2015 09:41 PM

Rare's making a pirate adventure.

So it's like Jolly Roger's Lagoon and Gangplank Galleon the game.

Sounds good to me.

DementedSun 15th June 2015 09:56 PM

Kinda surprised it's in first person, honestly. Actually, it reminded me of GbtG when he's just walking through the corridors or basement in that same view. Was totally expecting a jump scare from the skeleton pinned to the tree.

Whyme123 15th June 2015 11:43 PM

Just a teaser. Save your hype for when we have more info.

Unless it actually is Dream

DarthConker 16th June 2015 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmoss (Post 1242693)
Looked terrible. I'm over it. They broke me. Satisfied, Microsoft??

This ****ing guy

The Colonel 16th June 2015 12:57 AM

it was their intention to make dmoss angry from the very beginning

all going according to plan..

Derek 16th June 2015 01:29 AM

Rare Witch Ramblings 25: Rare screwed us.

project64banjo 16th June 2015 03:52 AM

If Banjo's in the game. I will get it.

Keegan 16th June 2015 04:17 AM

to anyone saying it looks boring or lacking or w/e:

OBV THIS ISNT THE FINISHED GAME THEY DIDNT EVEN SHOW A RELEASE DATE/CHARACTER ART/BOX/ETC.

as a proof of concept and real time display of gameplay, this is super impressive. everyone needs to take a literal chill pill

BellyButtonLint 16th June 2015 04:18 AM

It looks like Captain Blackeye's in the game, judging by Gregg Mayles' Twitter (@Ghoulyboy).https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images...6/ddjUbGgu.jpg https://twitter.com/ghoulyboy

ksimp23 16th June 2015 05:33 AM

Being 100% honest.........at first I was let down because obviously I wanted a Banjo game so bad, but after a little bit I can honestly say I am super excited for this game.

This is Rare's return.

Sea of Thieves has the potential to be an incredibly creative and awesome game. We only got a small look but it seems to have that quirky Rare vibe to it. And also with the Rare Replay collection announced, there is no better time to be excited for their games.

BanjoPL 16th June 2015 06:23 AM

Seriously. New Banjo-Kazooie was very unlikely after revelation of Yooka-Laylee. I think that Playtonic could never start Y-L Kickstarter if Rare could developing new Banjo. I'm verry happy about what we got from Rare at E3 2015. NO Kinect Sports!!!

Rare Replay is fantastic gift for hardcore Rare fans. I can't believe that they will release it pretty soon - August 4!

Sea Of Thieves looks very promising and i really hope so that it is a remake of Dream. It would be cool to see Blackeye and Banjo cameos. It is Gregg Mayles's game so cameos are very possible! This new IP is much better move than doing another sequel to the old IP like NB2 or another Perfect Dark.

Pretty good show Rare!

ky 16th June 2015 10:27 AM

I've let it sink it in for a while now and I'm actually excited for this. I'm happy it's on Windows and it looks like it will be what Dream aspired to be. And it seems to have a Wind Waker vibe, which I love. If Rare can pull this off, I'm excited for their future.

Whyme123 17th June 2015 02:35 PM

I hope this is on Windows 10. I don't really want to buy an xbox1...

Andre 17th June 2015 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whyme123 (Post 1243066)

It will be, you can see it in the site header.

The Colonel 17th June 2015 05:48 PM

Honestly, if the game gets a really positive response, I might actually have to check it out.

BellyButtonLint 17th June 2015 06:29 PM

I wanna play this now ;(

Scrubber 17th June 2015 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whyme123 (Post 1243066)

I'm actually glad I got an xb1 I can't wait to get my hands on Rare Replay what a way to celebrate 30 years.

Walecs 17th June 2015 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrubber (Post 1243092)
I'm actually glad I got an xb1 I can't wait to get my hands on Rare Replay what a way to celebrate 30 years.

I'm buying one this week solely for Rare Replay. I'm going to have fun with Project Spark in the waiting time. I've always been fond of level editors.

Scrubber 17th June 2015 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walecs (Post 1243104)
I'm buying one this week solely for Rare Replay. I'm going to have fun with Project Spark in the waiting time. I've always been fond of level editors.

I've been playing project spark for months now its loads of fun.

KoS Infinity 18th June 2015 03:24 AM

I'm really excited for SoT, looks really promising and fun but hopefully there's a good single-player aspect, I'm okay if there isn't, but if there is all the better.

krueger14 19th June 2015 02:06 PM

I'm really not a fan of online multiplayer games anymore, So I'll pass on this one

Scrubber 19th June 2015 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krueger14 (Post 1243356)
I'm really not a fan of online multiplayer games anymore, So I'll pass on this one

Ditto

ky 19th June 2015 04:09 PM

As much as I wanted them to bring back an old IP I'd rather them take their chances with a new one than drastically screw up like they did with N&B.