The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rare & Playtonic (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Never Before Seen Banjo-Kazooie Renders? (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50897)

TRBB 31st August 2013 10:33 PM

Artwork/Render, 2D/3D whatever, they're both there. I just thought I should share what I found.

TheGreatNi 1st September 2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRBB (Post 1168624)
Artwork/Render, 2D/3D whatever, they're both there. I just thought I should share what I found.

I believe it's all artwork. A render is in game...doesn't look to 64ish to me...

Anyway, these are kinda old promotional stuffs.

1UP 2nd September 2013 08:38 PM

These are renders. You are thinking of another type of 'render.'

Renders can be hand-drawn, computer generated, etc. There's entire sites worth of people who create renders of official art and stuff.

TheGreatNi 2nd September 2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1UP (Post 1168791)
These are renders. You are thinking of another type of 'render.'

Renders can be hand-drawn, computer generated, etc. There's entire sites worth of people who create renders of official art and stuff.

This render=rendition. Gotcha.

DEWadict 9th September 2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGreatNi (Post 1168618)
Somebody back me up on this one, but that isn't a RENDER. It's artwork...right? So if you're like me and came here for new beta stuff, lucked out my friend...

They're digital renders that were used for promotional art. The N64 actually would've been able to display images pretty close to what we're discussing, but they would've had to have been prerendered images, rather than whatever the opposite of prerendered is. Prerendered images are essentially pictures/animations/videos saved within the ROM that the system accesses rather than creates. Rareware pioneered the use of prerendered graphics with the Donkey Kong Country Trilogy in order to push the graphical limits of the SNES. Though games still used prerendered graphics in the age of the N64 (Mario Kart and Killer Instinct), they were largely reserved for small details, menus and cutscenes because newly achievable polygons were infinitely more dynamic.

Also, none of these images are new to me; I had both the Prima and Nintendo Power Player's Guides, which used these images heavily.

TRBB 20th August 2018 03:42 AM

I hate to bump a five year old thread, but I just found these renders and I couldn't think of where else to post them.

Banjo Walking

E3 1998

While we're on the topic, I can't find a specific render of Banjo, Kazooie, and Mumbo-Jumbo sitting by a camp fire while Mumbo is casting a spell. I think it was on a lunch box, but I can't find it anymore.

Here is a piece of the render. Mumbo is on the right while Banjo is flinching on the left.

Edit: Well, I just found the other half. I know both halves pieced together exists out there somewhere.

Banjo Flinching

N64DD 20th August 2018 04:10 AM

Banjo is Jesus Christ confirmed

TRBB 27th September 2018 02:56 AM

Me again. Someone on 4Chan /v/ just posted this render in this thread.
Once again, it's a new render I've never seen before. Where are people finding these things?

qwertykins76 27th September 2018 01:46 PM

Could be a Rare staff member posts on 4chan. It's not unheard of.

Whyme123 1st October 2018 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRBB (Post 1283980)
Me again. Someone on 4Chan /v/ just posted this render in this thread.
Once again, it's a new render I've never seen before. Where are people finding these things?

I feel like I've seen that one before. I can't say for sure where, but I feel like it isn't new to me..

qwertykins76 1st October 2018 08:02 PM

Still trying to figure out what combination of rhythmic chants and square dancing maneuvers summon Whyme to the forums.

Whyme123 3rd October 2018 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwertyo76 (Post 1284038)
Still trying to figure out what combination of rhythmic chants and square dancing maneuvers summon Whyme to the forums.

Artfull ecchi man

TRBB 6th October 2018 10:26 PM

I found it!

Mumbo Jumbo looks very similar to the picture in Mad Monster Mansion, but I knew they weren't the same.

TRBB 16th October 2018 04:51 PM

@ just recently bumped an old thread called "The Worst Banjo-Kazooie Guide" and I found something interesting.

This scan shows a rendering of Mumbo Jumbo.
Here is a close-up of him.

This render of Mumbo Jumbo is the same one seen on the front of box, but what's different is that his left arm isn't cut off.
Never mind, I think it is cut off. I was probably looking at it wrong.

Anyways, since this thread is all about renders, I wanted to point out these old Jinjo and King Jingaling renders. The European/PAL covers have him and the Jinjos covered up with text, but the USA cover is a lot clearer (and they have more contrast).

Sad Jinjo with Honeycombs
King Jinagling and Sad Jinjo
Two flying Jinjos
Sad King Jingaling

I know this sounds silly, but I never actually looked at the spines for "Banjo-Kazooie", so I decided to take a quick look, and I found a Gruntilda render I've never seen before along with some level backgrounds.

Banjo and Kazooie in Freezeezy Peak
Gruntilda
Mumbo Jumbo and a Jinjo
A Jinjo in Gobi's Valley

I don't think I've seen that Mumbo Jumbo render either. It's hard to tell what pose he's making.
I don't think I've seen those crystals (in the Freezeezy Peak render) before either, because they're not in these other two promo images with snow in them.
Banjo and Kazooie in a generic snow setting
Banjo and Kazooie in Freezezzey Peak
I know the render with the crystals in them are from Freezeezy Peak because the plants match.

Edit: Boy, I'm just on a render kick right now aren't I? I've never seen the "Diddy Kong Racing" spines either.
Wizpig hiding behind a tree
Taj holding Balloons in what I assume is Timber's Island
Snowflake Mountain
Timber's Island

I checked "Super Mario Wiki' and found this render with Banjo in it.
Diddy Kong Racing Japan
I headed over to "DK Vine" and found this render I've never seen before. Not even "Super Mario Wiki" has it.
Chased by Smokey
Sorry for this huge post, but this kind of stuff fascinates me. I used to go on "DK Vine" all the time when I was younger and look at all of the old 3D renders. Shame "The Rare Witch Project" deleted its Wiki, I still have some images from when it was still running.

TRBB 16th October 2018 05:16 PM

Oops, sorry! For some reason I read the date as 2016 instead of 2018! Silly me!