The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Gaming (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Discuss games you've been playing (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52271)

Breegullbeak 14th October 2015 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Colonel (Post 1253188)
Isn't that game filled with really bad product placement

Yes. Yes it is. The first notable collectible I picked up was a bag of UTZ Potato Chips. It even has a description of what goes into making them.

The Colonel 14th October 2015 06:10 PM

The only screenshots I've seen from it are a talking airplane explaining how awesome Pocky is and how to eat it

It's dumb because he's not even explaining how to use it for cute romcom kisses, and that's like objectively the only way you're ever supposed to eat Pocky

The Colonel 18th October 2015 12:20 AM

I am now at the part of Tales of the Abyss where Luke fon Fabre slowly begins to realize why everybody hates him. I think it's cool that in this Tales of game, the main character ****s up because of a bunch of different criteria that has from birth shaped him into a foolish, selfish, gullible asshole easily manipulated by a single individual, rather than just him being an idiot.

DementedSun 18th October 2015 01:53 AM

Played about 6 hours of Digimon World 2 today. Forgot how addictive this game was when I was young. Although the grinding still takes a lot of time, :p.

Dylan Yoshi 18th October 2015 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Colonel (Post 1253369)
I am now at the part of Tales of the Abyss where Luke fon Fabre slowly begins to realize why everybody hates him. I think it's cool that in this Tales of game, the main character ****s up because of a bunch of different criteria that has from birth shaped him into a foolish, selfish, gullible asshole easily manipulated by a single individual, rather than just him being an idiot.

Luke's character development has a lot of depth. In a game that's not really character-driven, he's a very good character.

If it weren't for Abyss's heavy reliance on techno-babble, it'd probably be my favorite Tales game.

Brian 18th October 2015 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Colonel (Post 1253369)

This is the one reason I loved Tales of the Abyss so much. Luke's 180 in personality from when he's all happy, remorseful of taking others' lives, but then he becomes a more hopeful person who aspires to do good. His character overall makes the game stand out to me as my favorite Tales game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Yoshi (Post 1253372)
Luke's character development has a lot of depth. In a game that's not really character-driven, he's a very good character.

If it weren't for Abyss's heavy reliance on techno-babble, it'd probably be my favorite Tales game.

We have to go to the Sephiroth in the Tarturus. We have to break the seal with a hymnal chant! CLONES. You're so right on this, they added so much bullshit to do with nothing else, including the constant technology mentions.

In honesty, if they remade a 2D Tales of game like Eternia in 3D, it would work so much better because it's more fantasy with no weird technology.

The Banjonator 18th October 2015 04:10 AM

Splatoon is great fun when the game is being fair and pairing you with people around your level and not with a bunch of level 50 japanese people with the best weapons in the game.

Taken King is starting to get boring, but only because I can't find a group willing to teach me how to do the raid. They want experienced good players. And I'm just an average noob.

The Colonel 18th October 2015 04:11 AM

I'm gonna destroy these forums with a fonic fon using the fifth fonon

Brian 18th October 2015 05:28 PM

Hooked on fonics

The Colonel 18th October 2015 05:31 PM

Luke fon Fabre is now growing from a Luke fon Faboy... to a Luke fon FaMAN

Spoiler: (highlight to view)
Amazing what a little haircut can do for your personality.

Brian 18th October 2015 05:59 PM

Now he's gonna go through that emo depression stuff but he's gonna try to have a positive outlook. That's the part in the game I like a lot.

I also like when the screen goes back and you hear "Foolish replica Luke"

Jinjonator 19th October 2015 01:51 AM

I've been playing The Talos Principle. And man, this game is hella good. It doesn't seem like a lot of people are playing it tho, which is disappointing.

AndyNPC 19th October 2015 02:09 AM

One Way Heroics got an expansion pack and it's pretty neat.

Andre 19th October 2015 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Banjonator (Post 1253377)
Taken King is starting to get boring, but only because I can't find a group willing to teach me how to do the raid. They want experienced good players. And I'm just an average noob.

I've found good success with /r/fireteams with people willing to shepa for raids in the past. Could be a bit harder this time though, since the King's Fall Raid is far more complex than Vault of Glass or Crota's End. I haven't completed it yet, but boy can that platforming be a bitch.

DementedSun 19th October 2015 11:11 PM

Finally finished Pokemon X after two years. Gotta say, my team of 86 level Pokemon wiped the entire Elite 4 in a single attack per Pokemon.

Also finally playing Fallout Shelter on PC. It's really cute, and I could see this being addictive. I know it's not very long, but it's a nice thing while waiting for Fallout 4.