The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Banjo Kazooie Series (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   (NEW!) Beta TTC/Dream Tunes (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37777)

JohnyT94 22nd April 2010 07:31 PM

I agree with Zondekel here, Laurence. Grant is my favourite composer (or atleast, one of them).

Rock 22nd April 2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zondekel (Post 783068)
And you're pretty much going off of opinion here. Yeah- they're geniuses in their field, but is it really your place to state as fact what's better? I too will pick a "flipping video game composer" as my favorite composer ever. I don't understand why it makes a difference whether the composer writes for a classical orchestra or a video game...

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnyT94 (Post 783069)
I agree with Zondekel here, Laurence. Grant is my favourite composer (or atleast, one of them).

Okay, I find that ridiculous, but okay. Maybe though you should expose yourself to a bit more music. Grant Kirkhope's style has been done millions of times before. He's good but he's not a genius like many composers.

Also I'm assuming 'classical orchestra' was an example, as most of those composers wrote for many instruments and some without even an instrument in mind.

Twi 22nd April 2010 07:53 PM

I knew Danny Elfman was some kind of inspiration! I mean geez, look at Ghoulies and Corpse Bride, you can (or I can at least) just imagine Mr. Ribbs singing Remains of the Day.

Anyways, these are fabulous.

Whyme123 22nd April 2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwilightVestige (Post 783077)
I knew Danny Elfman was some kind of inspiration! I mean geez, look at Ghoulies and Corpse Bride, you can (or I can at least) just imagine Mr. Ribbs singing Remains of the Day.

Anyways, these are fabulous.

Considering those two look the same, except one is missing an eye and is taller...

JohnyT94 22nd April 2010 08:01 PM

I do expose myself to lots of music, Laurence. I like Grant's... It's a matter of opinion.

And, of course I like other composers such as Danny Elfman, etc.

You can't expect everyone to like Bach and the likes though. Some people like modern music and don't care about classical music in the slightest, some people love classical music and think modern music is tasteless trash.

TrophyThomas 22nd April 2010 08:03 PM

Grant Kirkhope is up there with Koji Kondo, Michael Giacchino, Randy Newman, and Thomas Newman as my favorite composers.

JohnyT94 22nd April 2010 08:04 PM

I love Randy Newman, I was playing the Toy Story theme in music today.

Whyme123 22nd April 2010 09:10 PM

I'm curios, he didn't upload the fill version of Edison's theme did he?

lemurboy12 22nd April 2010 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whyme123 (Post 783108)
I'm curios, he didn't upload the fill version of Edison's theme did he?

Viva Pinata Day 2

manbearbird 22nd April 2010 09:56 PM

Advent Theme!?

One thing I was hoping to hear but never herd was the Advent theme! That means we have a mystery on our hands. We all thought it might have been used in Dream but obviously we herd the songs and no Advent theme was in the music.

So apparently it was the hub world in Dream. But why isn't it on the list. Maybe a back story would be nice.

Whyme123 22nd April 2010 10:04 PM

We heard about 10 songs out of 100 >.>

TRBB 22nd April 2010 11:09 PM

I love them all! It's kind of weird listening to Tooty's Theme; in Banjo its cute, but in Dream it's epic! EPIC TOOTY!

Teafed 22nd April 2010 11:28 PM

They're all so awesome! My favorite is Captain Blackeye's theme.

Weldar-Kazooie 23rd April 2010 02:48 AM

I really want to see Cockeye. Imagine a classy pirate wearing a bowler hat, wielding an umbrella, with a handlebar mustache?

The mad scientist bit makes me imagine him with some sort of lengthy monocle of sorts.

Who here can say that that mental image doesn't strike them as interesting?

sheikhylian 23rd April 2010 04:26 AM

Incredible. I like the way you can determine the games in the tunes....really awesome. It's like some sort of medleys but you actually know it wasn't for the games that we now play...
Great job Grant.