The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rare & Playtonic (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Banjo might be making a reappearance - possible new game and/or Smash newcomer. (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55699)

Madous 5th June 2019 10:58 AM

Banjo might be making a reappearance - possible new game and/or Smash newcomer.

Source 1 is from a reputable Twitter account that has leaked accurate Smash information before, and also suggests we could be hearing news on Banjo in a new main-series game as well as a potential fighter in Smash for the game's 20th anniversary.

This video explains the rumors more clearly.

Masked Hero 5th June 2019 02:17 PM

A new Banjo could be amazing. I wonder if they’d keep the Nuts and Bolts designs?

DementedSun 5th June 2019 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masked Hero (Post 1286756)
A new Banjo could be amazing. I wonder if they’d keep the Nuts and Bolts designs?

I doubt it, because none of the recent merch has used that design, and they know it wasn't as popular.

If there's no BK/BT HD I'll actually be surprised at this point. We're getting new Battletoads so, its not unreasonable anymore to think they'll finally revive the bear.

Derek 6th June 2019 02:34 PM

I'm thinking new game + Smash DLC, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Smash character is very soon and the new game is in 2020.

DementedSun 6th June 2019 04:16 PM

I think HD would be a smart move to get this current generation of kids into Banjo, and THEN move on to a new game. Or maybe both, but the HD remake coming out a year before B3. It would also be less dangerous money wise to remake a game than to bet on a sequel to such an old franchise selling well right off the bat.

Whyme123 7th June 2019 10:21 AM

Feels like 2008 again. I don't want to get burnt again. But I am cautiously optimistic.

qwertykins76 7th June 2019 08:29 PM

1998: Oh, a cool and quality new IP. What a unique and beloved childhood experience we have found ourselves to be in.
1999: I want more
2000: Fantastic, but that's too much more
2001: Silence
2002: Microsoft buyout. What now becomes of birb and bear, we wonder?
2003: Grunty's Revenge
2004: Silence
2005: Banjo Pilot
2006: New Banjo trailer shown at E3. Hype 4 dayz
2007: Enthusiastic speculation and wild theory-mongering
2008: *flashbacks of vietnam*
2009: Dead silence
2010: Dead silence
2011: Dead silence
2012: Dead silence
2013: Surely a new Banjo this year
2014: Surely a new Banjo this year
2015: Surely a new Banjo this year New company Playtonic Games reveals itself, sheds light on their new game Yooka-Laylee.
2016: Surely a new Banjo this year Continued talk about Yooka. The wait between Nuts and Bolts and a new B-K game now officially becomes longer than the wait from Tooie to NaB was
2017: Surely a new Banjo this year Yooka comes out. Some enjoy it, some don't. Yet somehow we all ended up with more of a gap in our hearts after playing than before
2018: B-K turns 20. SURELY A NEW- Literally gets almost no acknowledgement whatsoever
2019: (>You are here<) Surely a new Banjo this year
2020: Surely..... this... time.....?
2033: Half-Life 3 comes out
3072: Roysten the goldfish gets added as a character in Mario Kart 127

Breegullbeak 8th June 2019 10:38 AM

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I will be recording my reactions so I can savor the tears of happiness or disappointment for all time.

BanjoPL 8th June 2019 02:25 PM

qwertyo76

1999 - DK64 released. It looks like B-K2!
2000 - No way. Banjo-Tooie released. This is a true B-K2.
2008 - Nuts & Bolts is not a promised Banjo-Threeie. Is it a Banjo game at all?
2017 - Yooka-Laylee is a true Banjo-Threeie just without bear and bird...and the witch.

2033 - a prequel to HL2 is finally released!
2133 - a prequel to HL is finally released!

;)

Derek 8th June 2019 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwertyo76 (Post 1286787)
2017: Surely a new Banjo this year Yooka comes out. Some enjoy it, some don't. Yet somehow we all ended up with more of a gap in our hearts after playing than before

This is true and I don't understand why. Why is the gap in my heart larger than before I played YL?? Could it be that I don't really want what I think I want??? Am I just growing older and colder?

Do I even want anything?

qwertykins76 8th June 2019 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BanjoPL (Post 1286795)
qwertyo762008 - Nuts & Bolts is not a promised Banjo-Threeie. Is it a Banjo game at all?

I used to be of the opinion that Nuts and Bolts was a good game but just wasn't 'a Banjo game', but that's dumb. In terms of storyline, the universe, the characters and everything else BESIDES the gameplay, Nuts and Bolts is a true sequel to Banjo-Tooie. ...Obviously I don't think of it that way, because I know what I'm playing is something of a Mario Kart x Tinkertoys crossover spinoff, but I do still consider it the 'third game'.

Whyme123 9th June 2019 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwertyo76 (Post 1286799)
I used to be of the opinion that Nuts and Bolts was a good game but just wasn't 'a Banjo game', but that's dumb. In terms of storyline, the universe, the characters and everything else BESIDES the gameplay, Nuts and Bolts is a true sequel to Banjo-Tooie. ...Obviously I don't think of it that way, because I know what I'm playing is something of a Mario Kart x Tinkertoys crossover spinoff, but I do still consider it the 'third game'.

I share this sentiment. The game would had been fantastic if it were any other IP. It would had still been a good game, but the fact it was made as a Banjo game was just.... it left a bad taste.

Anyway, tomorrow.... we will either be happy, or unsatisfied like we had been for the past 11 years.

Shaz 9th June 2019 07:00 AM

Meanwhile Yooka Lalyee sequel that looks like Grunty’s Revenge with a bit of DKC. Wowsors.

qwertykins76 9th June 2019 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @ (Post 1286810)
I feel like you didn't really read what qwerty said

Wait, hold on – People actually READ the bosh I post on this website? I assumed no one was listening to the equivalent of an old man vociferating at the mailbox. Are you all mad? No wonder RWP hasn't had new members in a decade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alakazam (Post 1286812)
i hope banjo is the new dlc character

Why would nice things ever happen

Well not long now, till we find out. I feel so dead inside at this point in regards to hope for Banjo that I've become a hollow husk of a man, sipping my stimulating beverage of choice with only a sort of detached, 'whatever, man...' to offer.
Save me, Gregg.

qwertykins76 9th June 2019 08:15 PM

DON'T

I'VE HAD MY HOPES AND DREAMS DRIVEN INTO THE GROUND TOO MANY TIMES