The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Could S'N'S Been a hoax? (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18649)

ZackV93 17th July 2008 09:15 AM

Could S'N'S Been a hoax?

Not really a hoax but more of something to spike our interest, Like rare put it there and they planned for us to find it. Just so we could ask questions, just to be teased about them.

What if Rare purposely put S'N'S in there just so we could say "What the heck is this?" It had just donned on me that this could be very possible. What if it was never meant to function. Just there as some kind of joke? For instance just like all the strange sexual innuendos left in the game also. What if stop n swap was just like that? Something we were ment to find and discuss? I don't know if anyone will shoot me for making this thread (:p) but I want to know if you guys think this is possible.

Smouvy 17th July 2008 09:16 AM

Already pointed this out as a Sale Marketing trick, but no one seems to agree.

ZackV93 17th July 2008 09:18 AM

Yeah but how could that be if it was found a while after it was released? How would that help? Especially if only hackers and 100%-ers could find it?

Smouvy 17th July 2008 09:42 AM

They keep on promising answers in the next games, that's how. So SnS freaks will buy it to hear answers, and thus their sales raises with 10% in the end.

meta-knight 17th July 2008 10:01 AM

what if they did it not do it for sales, but just because they find it funny. i sure do

hatrickpatrick 17th July 2008 11:11 AM

Highly unlikely - there's no way they'd put that much effort into programming a feature which was never going to be used. After all, they don't expect anyone to actually hack into a game's RAM and find things which weren;t supposed to be seen by anyone, so they wouldn't have bothered leaving so many fake trails.

Besides, they've already said that it was, indeed, going to be a real feature - and we've found enough evidence to back that up.

Tetrapus 17th July 2008 11:46 AM

It might have been a real feature, but after dropping it, it's still used as the thingy ZackV93 talks about.

Comrade Bear 17th July 2008 01:34 PM

I don't think it was meant to be that way originally, but that's what it became when they realized how much people wanted to know about it.

xxjoesusxx 17th July 2008 04:09 PM

you guys are forgetting one huge thing.

mumbo tells you about it at the end of the game, thats not a hidden thing that we stumbled upon, its right there in your face when you finish the game.

its no hoax, and to think it ever was is just rediculous.

zelda 17th July 2008 04:43 PM

i can see why u see this and it is a very very very very slight possibility :P
But like its already said, at the end of the game Mumbo said we'd use the items in the next game and didn't mention stop n swop, thats whats been found.

Rach

jumbo mumbo 18th July 2008 03:14 AM

If it were simply a marketing ploy, they would have just put the photos in the game and thats it. No reason to make 4 extra eggs.