The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   where the ice key lies (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=673)

cyberen 13th February 2004 10:34 AM

where the ice key lies

Obviously due to the work of Subdrag and Ice Mario, DK64 has connections to B-K. But how is any of this proveable?

One word: pedestal.

In Creepy Castle, there is a mysterious pedestal whose purpose remains a mystery. But perhaps duing a "swopping mission" that was its residence?

(sorry if someone already thought of it)

koopaul 14th February 2004 08:28 PM

I don't know if that has to do with it, but it has no purppose that I can see... I think it's another mystery! But another unusual thing is that the computers in K.Rool's room (Hideout Helm) all show the full moon from Creepy Castle, but why would K.Rool be interested in the moon?

banjosrevenge 16th February 2004 03:34 AM

what are you talking about
I have the game and Ive never seen it

BoromirofGondor 17th February 2004 04:29 AM

This is offtopic but...

Cyberen, did you know your scribes message (If you sighed it Cyberen.) and your RPA (Rubbish Picture Attachement, as called by RARE.) was posted on scribes...I will find it for you..

banjordan 17th February 2004 09:35 PM

I think I remember coming accross that pedestal when I had DK64. Was it in that room in Creepy Castle with all the windows and that small house thing? Can't remember what was in the room exactly, but this does sound familiar.

cyberen 18th February 2004 03:12 AM

please do, Gondor.

I want it in full RPA glory and HTML format! Please!

MrPants 19th February 2004 06:51 PM

I remmember that room..... it chould just be a dead end to confuse you when your trying to warp to the golden bannana or what ever you where suppost to find in that place. (I don't remmember)

Benjo Koolzooie 7th March 2004 10:16 AM

Could you get a picture of this pedestal?

I don't remember it.

cyberen 7th March 2004 07:04 PM

it's in the museum hallway in Creepy Castle. You need Chunky to see it from the hallway or tiny to teleport to it.

platinum jiggy 16th April 2004 03:21 AM

Didn't that pedistal hold a bannana or something? I'll have to check. I havn't played the game for ages.

Hylian1 23rd April 2004 05:12 AM

I don't remember it holding a banana. I've always wondered about that thing too.

Also, I've been listening to the DK64 Soundtrack CD, and practically all of the songs (including boss fight songs) are in B-K and B-T at some point.

Gold Jinjo 23rd April 2004 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylian1
Also, I've been listening to the DK64 Soundtrack CD, and practically all of the songs (including boss fight songs) are in B-K and B-T at some point.

I don't know about that, but since Grant Kirkhope did the music in BK/BT and worked with Beanland in DK64, the music would obviously have the same style... perhaps sound a bit the same.

;)

Hylian1 23rd April 2004 05:37 PM

No, I am serious! You've no idea how similar the music is! If you've played the games as much as I have and can immediately recognize a tune from one or the other, you'll know what I mean. When you're playing the games, you don't pay much attention to the familiarity of the music because you're also hearing the Sound FX. But when you're just listening to the music alone, you can immediately notice familiarity of the songs. Now I am not saying the entire song is the same, but parts of almost of the songs were on B-T and B-K. I think the boss fight them where you fight Lord Woo FaK Fak on B-T and the theme where you fight the water boss using Lanky in DK 64 is EXACTLY the same!

Icy Guy 23rd April 2004 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylian1
I think the boss fight them where you fight Lord Woo FaK Fak on B-T and the theme where you fight the water boss using Lanky in DK 64 is EXACTLY the same!

They're not. Same style and almost identical instrument samples, but they are by no means the same song. I've yet to find a case where the songs are exactly the same between BK/BT and DK64. Even Advent isn't the same as Fungi Forest: it's extremely similar, but not the same.

Falcovsleon20 24th April 2004 05:25 PM

Used for the Ice Key? I suppose it's logical. That pedestal was originally the topic for discussions about the Scroll of Gameplaying Honor that Cranky mentioned as a joke in the DK64 instruction manual.